In Carrie we trust - Homeland Season 2 thread

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
The whole we are running out of story for Brody is a fukking cop out

Its obvious the producer/writers want to kill him off and Showtime aint gonna let that happen and they shouldn't

Ive never seen a show that was dead set on ruining the lead actor.Its like they want to prove Homeland is bigger then Nicolas Brody and thruth is its not

If Brody was always suppose to die(he was supposeito die in both seasons but they changed it at the last second) then why present him as the star of the show? Why have him in all the promo pics before it even started

They trying to act like the show was always about Carrie and Saul fighting terrorism but thats not how they presented to us from the beginning. It was about a marine who comes home after being captured for 8 years.Brody has always been the star, the show has alwys been about him/his life and trying to turn this into a CIA show where they do a case per season is the wrong move IMO.this shyt bout to be Strike Back status if thats where they really are going

I can tell by the whole "we're not gonna let the tail wag the dog" comment this dude just dont get it. Brodys not the fukking tail, hes the head and if you cut of the head you got a dead dog

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
By their own admission most people assume Brody is dead. Gansa even said "well, his body would be completely disintegrated so it not being in the truck isn't a problem". I dunno how logical that is, or enough about forensics to dispute how possible that would be, but for better or worse they are going the route of "he's dead". So there won't be a big man hunt. They could completely ignore him next season then have him pop up in season 4.

Fred.

I guess that works if they're all assuming Brody was in the car. He was seen leaving the ceremony after all. But then the question arises, what was the motive of Nazir and the remaining terrorists in that cell to make it appear Brody is dead? Obviously framing him is adding immense insult to injury to the US to know that not only did all these people get murked, but it was by an American hero, but Brody also betrayed them (the terrorists). I'd think they'd be trying to murk him or atleast get him arrested, but if he's assumed dead then there wont be any manhunt on the part of the US. So do the terrorists now hunt down Brody themselves? Or are they just on some :manny:, he's of no use/threat to us steez?

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I guess that works if they're all assuming Brody was in the car. He was seen leaving the ceremony after all. But then the question arises, what was the motive of Nazir and the remaining terrorists in that cell to make it appear Brody is dead? Obviously framing him is adding immense insult to injury to the US to know that not only did all these people get murked, but it was by an American hero, but Brody also betrayed them (the terrorists). I'd think they'd be trying to murk him or atleast get him arrested, but if he's assumed dead then there wont be any manhunt on the part of the US. So do the terrorists now hunt down Brody themselves? Or are they just on some :manny:, he's of no use/threat to us steez?

We'll find out early on how they take the story when Season 3 starts.

The way I see it, they'll either roll with everyone thinking he's dead and Brody isn't really in the season too much.

Or they'll show him on the surveillance cameras walking out and they'll know he left out prior to the bomb going off.

I'm a call bullshyt if Carrie isn't grilled like a muhfukka about disappearing like she did though.

Card Holder

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SoCal
they really need to explain how that car was moved. security/ secret service should of been all over the in/out of that building this was the Vice President's service. no way that car is moved that close without being challenged.

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
they really need to explain how that car was moved. security/ secret service should of been all over the in/out of that building this was the Vice President's service. no way that car is moved that close without being challenged.

you think they wont? there is a MOLE. They didn't show who it was for a reason...to dig into it for season 3.

Card Holder

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SoCal
you think they wont? there is a MOLE. They didn't show who it was for a reason...to dig into it for season 3.

the car was parked on the fukking sidewalk in front of the steps within 10 feet of the building, theres no explanation even if there is a mole for allowing that car to be placed there.

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
the car was parked on the fukking sidewalk in front of the steps within 10 feet of the building, theres no explanation even if there is a mole for allowing that car to be placed there.

yes, because human error doesn't exist. We're all robots, including secret service.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I know what they said....but if they truly didn't care about awards Brody's vest would've worked. Obviously the show blew up far beyond expectations and that's why were sitting on a third season and beyond. The writers might not care about awards but the suits sure as hell do. And I don't see them throwing a fresh 2 time emmy winner in the bushes with an open storyline no matter what they say in some random interview.

:wtf:

Breh the first season aired close to a year before the Emmys. Meaning it was written damn near 2 years ago. If you seriously think an award show 2 years into the future determined something as major as whether or not a character dies....:wtf:

And they didn't even expect Damien Lewis to win. They expected "Breaking Bad" to sweep the Emmys. Alex Gansa spoke on this after they won. So :wtf: at an award playing any kind of role in their decision making. The same goes for next year. 2013 Emmys is at the end of September. I get that a lot of fans are amped that it swept the Emmys but the Emmys ain't that important for Showtime to step in and start dictating the direction of the show.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

This is just my opinion but I doubt the terrorists care either way. Best case scenario he actually dies in the blast, everything wraps up nicely. Worst case scenario he lives, but he's Bin Laden status.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Nucca... good reason? This the show that invented 3g/Wi-Fi enabled pacemakers. They do what they want with this show, it doesn't need sense or reason for them to do it. I wouldn't be surprised to see David Estes back from the dead next season. That's the type of fukkery they're on.

....reason. :snoop:

Wi-Fi pace makers exist, and it's possible to hack them. They're usually used by doctors to monitor a patient's heart from afar but in the wrong hands they can be hacked. The only problem I had with that was it just kinda came outta nowhere, they should've mentioned something about it at least an ep or two before.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The whole we are running out of story for Brody is a fukking cop out

Its obvious the producer/writers want to kill him off and Showtime aint gonna let that happen and they shouldn't

Ive never seen a show that was dead set on ruining the lead actor.Its like they want to prove Homeland is bigger then Nicolas Brody and thruth is its not

If Brody was always suppose to die(he was supposeito die in both seasons but they changed it at the last second) then why present him as the star of the show? Why have him in all the promo pics before it even started

They trying to act like the show was always about Carrie and Saul fighting terrorism but thats not how they presented to us from the beginning. It was about a marine who comes home after being captured for 8 years.Brody has always been the star, the show has alwys been about him/his life and trying to turn this into a CIA show where they do a case per season is the wrong move IMO.this shyt bout to be Strike Back status if thats where they really are going

I can tell by the whole "we're not gonna let the tail wag the dog" comment this dude just dont get it. Brodys not the fukking tail, hes the head and if you cut of the head you got a dead dog

Damien Lewis was never the star of the show breh. The writers have said this several times since season 1. They said the only "star" is Carrie. If she dies they have no show. Any one else is fair game.

Obviously their focus on Brody is contradictory to that, but I'm just telling you what they've said.

Fred.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
This is just my opinion but I doubt the terrorists care either way. Best case scenario he actually dies in the blast, everything wraps up nicely. Worst case scenario he lives, but he's Bin Laden status.

Fred.

But that's the thing, he wouldn't be Bin Laden status cause like you said, everyone thinks he's dead. I think it's a case of does he pose any sort of threat to what they're trying to do? I don't think he does unless he has some sort of repressed memories from his time in captivity that can lead to the real boss of all of this.