In Carrie we trust - Homeland Season 2 thread

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Breh, half the shyt I listed I either didn't notice or didn't care about. Including Skype. I'm just keeping it 100 with both sides of the discussion.

And what I meant was, half the shyt that people are arguing about the writers admit was legit problems or flaws. All season I been saying that Brody's story was kinda spinning it's wheels and maybe he should die. And someone responded ":heh: at you dumb asses thinking they'll kill off Brody, he has so much story left"....then a couple days ago the writers admit they wanted to kill him off in ep 7 because they wasn't sure what to do with him, and might not even have him back next year. shyt like that. I'm not saying go read 100 interviews or listen to every podcast, but a few of the arguments in this thread (not necessarily you, just in general) could be easily avoided by being knowledgeable about the show outside of just watching it.

Fred.
:manny: I don't know man. I've just always been big on judging shows at the end of the season than during. I also felt Brody's arc needed some sort of resolution for the mere fact that having him around limited the writers. But I was going to wait and see how things played out. Jesse was gonna be killed off early on BB, but they changed their mind and dude ended up winning an Emmy. I see a very limited role for him for the next season or two with these writers hopefully coming up with a genius way to bring him back a couple season from now. The way they brought back Brody's suicide tape makes me feel like they can pull it off.

Like I've said, I don't stan or cape for any show (except for maybe Mad Men :smugdraper:) but when it comes to critiquing any show, I need the critique to be concrete, substantive shyt like the writing, plot, character development, pacing and cinematography. I'm sure Gansa commented on the flaws brought up, but I think with a lot of these podcasts and interviews there's a lot of stroking of the fans egos. Acknowledging fan gripes does more for them than ignoring those gripes.

Savior

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
1 and 2. :yeshrug: Like I said before, comparing shows or seasons isn't something I like to do unless both shows have had their series finale. That said, there's nikkas on this board who stan gaming consoles, so I really don't doubt that there are nikkas that stan TV shows and let that stannery affect their critique of other shows.

3. I don't watch creator/producer podcasts firstly because I could care less, but also because I don't want to be influenced by what they have to say. I'm a grown ass man and in my opinion pretty intelligent and able to analyze things on my own. Also, the creators commenting on things a lot of people are complaining about doesn't mean those complaints are legit complaints. It just means they pay attention to the pulse of their fanbase which is a great thing. I've said the Dana/Finn da gawd sub plot was a legit flaw this season. But y'all nikkas really want to bring up Skype as a legit complaint? :dahell: You're better than that Fred.

:wow: a nikka that actually came through with some informed and substantive criticism. This is what I've been asking for the whole time. Potent posting, breh :myman: That said, I said before, the dynamic of season 1 was impossible to recreate. Nothing can replicate newness. And the worst thing they could try to do is keep that dynamic going. The story itself didn't give them any way to keep that going. I completely agree that this season wasn't as tense and suspenseful, but I feel it was more emotional though. Carie breaking Brody. Their goodbye at the end. The convo between Carrie and Nazir. Thanks for the Inception-level posting, breh. Even if you are a Eagles fan :scusthov:

U right breh that newness would've been impossible to recreate. That's why I'm just saying fukkit and enjoying it for what it is. The show's still entertaining as hell but its still gonna get hate for never being able to reach that level from season 1 deserved or not.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
:obama:

You continue to impress breh N/H

At a certain point you have to expect (and accept) a TV series about the CIA and counter-terrorism being fictional, and fantastical too. The helicopter escape was the silliest moment this season to me, but ah fukk it

:wow: Thanks gawd. The helicopter escape was the most 24ish thing about this show since its inception. But in the end silly is the harshest word I would use. Plot hole and terrible writing just seems like hyperbole. I remember watching it with a mixture of :dahell: and :ohhh: on my face.

Suicide King

#OldBlack
Daps
:manny: I don't know man. I've just always been big on judging shows at the end of the season than during. I also felt Brody's arc needed some sort of resolution for the mere fact that having him around limited the writers. But I was going to wait and see how things played out. Jesse was gonna be killed off early on BB, but they changed their mind and dude ended up winning an Emmy. I see a very limited role for him for the next season or two with these writers hopefully coming up with a genius way to bring him back a couple season from now. The way they brought back Brody's suicide tape makes me feel like they can pull it off.

Like I've said, I don't stan or cape for any show (except for maybe Mad Men :smugdraper:) but when it comes to critiquing any show, I need the critique to be concrete, substantive shyt like the writing, plot, character development, pacing and cinematography. I'm sure Gansa commented on the flaws brought up, but I think with a lot of these podcasts and interviews there's a lot of stroking of the fans egos. Acknowledging fan gripes does more for them than ignoring those gripes.

Didn't they want to kill Omar off in season 2 of The Wire? Not sure what's all the talk about. Brody is on his own, especially with Carrie about to be promoted to station chief (the same position Gust Avrakotos wanted). Not sure what's next for Brody, but if Carrie finds something she might signal Brody to come home. But I doubt Brody will be getting a lot of screen time in season 3.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I need to clarify because the Jesse and Brody shyt ain't remotely similar, at all.

Jesse was supposed to die before season 1 was even written. Before they even met Aaron Paul.

The only reason they didn't kill him is because of the writer's strike. They were given 7 eps instead of a full season so they had to rearrange every story arc, including character deaths.

Brody was going to be killed in ep 6-7 of this season because they're running out of story for him, which should've been obvious to anyone watching the show. That's also why he either won't be back next season, or will be back in a limited capacity.

Fred.

KiD WavE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Southeast Ohio
I need to clarify because the Jesse and Brody shyt ain't remotely similar, at all.

Jesse was supposed to die before season 1 was even written. Before they even met Aaron Paul.

The only reason they didn't kill him is because of the writer's strike. They were given 7 eps instead of a full season so they had to rearrange every story arc, including character deaths.

Brody was going to be killed in ep 6-7 of this season because they're running out of story for him, which should've been obvious to anyone watching the show
. That's also why he either won't be back next season, or will be back in a limited capacity.

Fred.

ya I was thinking about that during the finale I kind of agree

NV-ME

Make It Hot-ta
Daps
Reppin
FiyaStarter
saul is a suspect for the hunnid's of reasons already stated here, but so is quinn now. he's creepy as fuk and did a complete 180 about gunning brody down (maybe so he'd drive to the funeral?) and his boss is still a mystery character i fully expect to have a larger role in season 2.

besides all that, a bigger terrorist fish has to be produced next season. cant wait.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I'm hoping the events of the finale prompts an investigation of the VP's death. The last guy that saw him alive also released a tape exposing himself as a terrorist and apparently set off a bomb outside his memorial. Brody's fukked either way, but I think it's be cool for his actual crime to come to light as well as the one he's framed for, just to make things more complex. Not to mention Carrie is involved as well.

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Saul isn't the mole, guaranteed. Most of his actions to this point in the show wouldn't make any sense, and Mandy Patinkin would leave the show immediately. He's left other TV shows for much less stupidity. The Saul's a mole theory has been discredited by nearly every major TV writer in the country. It'd be a jump the shark moment.

I don't know who the mole is. But it's not Saul or Carrie, that's for sure.

Suicide King

#OldBlack
Daps
I'm hoping the events of the finale prompts an investigation of the VP's death. The last guy that saw him alive also released a tape exposing himself as a terrorist and apparently set off a bomb outside his memorial. Brody's fukked either way, but I think it's be cool for his actual crime to come to light as well as the one he's framed for, just to make things more complex. Not to mention Carrie is involved as well.

200 people died, this is bigger than Carrie or Brody. This is why focusing on Brody's story in season 3 would be very unlikely, but lol@people thinking Brody ran out of story. His story just got trumped by 200 bodies.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
200 people died, this is bigger than Carrie or Brody. This is why focusing on Brody's story in season 3 would be very unlikely, but lol@people thinking Brody ran out of story. His story just got trumped by 200 bodies.

The Brody/Carrie shyt was going too far. What else could they have done with him?