In Carrie we trust - Homeland Season 2 thread

Suicide King

#OldBlack
Daps
The Brody/Carrie shyt was going too far. What else could they have done with him?

When did I ever care about Carrie and Brody? I'm talking intrigue and you still talking about Carrie and Brody. There is an disconnect. They just made Brody the most hated person in America, and you talking Carrie and Brody? Be serious. 200 bodies just dropped and you are talking about Carrie & Brody. Its getting to the point of being pathetic.

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
When did I ever care about Carrie and Brody? I'm talking intrigue and you still talking about Carrie and Brody. There is an disconnect. They just made Brody the most hated person in America, and you talking Carrie and Brody? Be serious. 200 bodies just dropped and you are talking about Carrie & Brody. Its getting to the point of being pathetic.

:blessed:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
200 people died, this is bigger than Carrie or Brody. This is why focusing on Brody's story in season 3 would be very unlikely, but lol@people thinking Brody ran out of story. His story just got trumped by 200 bodies.

There is no way you can be this dumb. :snoop:

The writers themselves said Brody was gonna die half way through this season. They also said they felt like they were "repeating themselves in season 2" with the Carrie and Brody shyt. They also said he'll either appear in a limited capacity next season, or might not appear at all.

If you can't read all that, and understand that they're running out of reasons to keep him on the show, then you're retarded.

Fred.

Savior

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
I don't think they're getting rid of Brody like that...they say that now but I bet by next season they gonna have him running around as a major storyline. By that time Damian Lewis is most likely gonna be a 2 time emmy winner and hes been a huge part of the show obviously. People are gonna wanna see Brody and the way they left off it was in no way obvious that his story was done. They gonna work him in u can believe that.

Suicide King

#OldBlack
Daps
I don't think they're getting rid of Brody like that...they say that now but I bet by next season they gonna have him running around as a major storyline. By that time Damian Lewis is most likely gonna be a 2 time emmy winner and hes been a huge part of the show obviously. People are gonna wanna see Brody and the way they left off it was in no way obvious that his story was done. They gonna work him in u can believe that.

Basically.

They just made him the most hated man in America, now people believe he is just gonna fade away. Until they put a bullet in him, he is just another Tom Walker lurking around the United States. Brody story doesn't end until they kill him or capture him.

A terrorist on American soil will not just be forgotten. Especially someone as high profile as Brody, dude was gonna be running for vice president. A lot of folks are gonna wonder how this happened, even the President. lol @ Brody being a two-bit player in the story of 200 bodies dropping.

The Congressional Hearings alone will be epic. I just wish Estes was around to answer those questions at the hearing, "Quinn said Brody wasn't a bad guy, and he only kills bad guys." :beli:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Breh they specifically said they don't care about awards, and if they can't find a reason to keep him around he's gone. They could be fronting but I'm just going off what they said.

Fred.

Savior

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
Breh they specifically said they don't care about awards, and if they can't find a reason to keep him around he's gone. They could be fronting but I'm just going off what they said.

Fred.

I know what they said....but if they truly didn't care about awards Brody's vest would've worked. Obviously the show blew up far beyond expectations and that's why were sitting on a third season and beyond. The writers might not care about awards but the suits sure as hell do. And I don't see them throwing a fresh 2 time emmy winner in the bushes with an open storyline no matter what they say in some random interview.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
I know what they said....but if they truly didn't care about awards Brody's vest would've worked. Obviously the show blew up far beyond expectations and that's why were sitting on a third season and beyond. The writers might not care about awards but the suits sure as hell do. And I don't see them throwing a fresh 2 time emmy winner in the bushes with an open storyline no matter what they say in some random interview.
:jawalrus:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I don't see how any one can disagree that Brody's story is even more wide open than it was before. I don't necessarily mean that as in him getting much if any screen time next season, but Nicholas Brody just became the most well known name in the Homeland universe. That's why I brought up the VP's death. If they connect Brody to his death that's just more being piled on to the inevitable manhunt for dude and it implicates Carrie. We're talking the most beloved/revered/media covered figure in a while, war hero, congressman, who blew up 200 innocent people and killed the VP? Brody would be Bin Laden level. So whether he's on camera or not, in the universe they've created capturing him, dead or alive, is logically the priority of every intelligence department they have. I'm sure there'll be a new threat as well next season but it'd be inexcusable for the manhunt for Brody to not be a big part of next season. Only way I see that not being the case is if Carrie goes hard at the angle of the tape being old, but even then Brody is the main suspect as his remains aren't in the wreckage and the bomb was in his car.

So if they were trying to end Brody's arc they kinda fukked up.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I don't see how any one can disagree that Brody's story is even more wide open than it was before. I don't necessarily mean that as in him getting much if any screen time next season, but Nicholas Brody just became the most well known name in the Homeland universe. That's why I brought up the VP's death. If they connect Brody to his death that's just more being piled on to the inevitable manhunt for dude and it implicates Carrie. We're talking the most beloved/revered/media covered figure in a while, war hero, congressman, who blew up 200 innocent people and killed the VP? Brody would be Bin Laden level. So whether he's on camera or not, in the universe they've created capturing him, dead or alive, is logically the priority of every intelligence department they have. I'm sure there'll be a new threat as well next season but it'd be inexcusable for the manhunt for Brody to not be a big part of next season. Only way I see that not being the case is if Carrie goes hard at the angle of the tape being old, but even then Brody is the main suspect as his remains aren't in the wreckage and the bomb was in his car.

So if they were trying to end Brody's arc they kinda fukked up.

By their own admission most people assume Brody is dead. Gansa even said "well, his body would be completely disintegrated so it not being in the truck isn't a problem". I dunno how logical that is, or enough about forensics to dispute how possible that would be, but for better or worse they are going the route of "he's dead". So there won't be a big man hunt. They could completely ignore him next season then have him pop up in season 4.

Fred.

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
the first episode of Season 3 Saul is going to be grillin the shyt outta Carrie and asking random questions about Brody..

"is that Brody's dikk i smell on your breath.......no?"

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
the first episode of Season 3 Saul is going to be grillin the shyt outta Carrie and asking random questions about Brody..

"is that Brody's dikk i smell on your breath.......no?"

You think Carrie gon' throw the a$s at him again in order to get out of trouble?!?!:smugfavre:

And more importantly, do you think Da Bear will seize the opportunity this time?

Red

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Fred.

Nucca... good reason? This the show that invented 3g/Wi-Fi enabled pacemakers. They do what they want with this show, it doesn't need sense or reason for them to do it. I wouldn't be surprised to see David Estes back from the dead next season. That's the type of fukkery they're on.

....reason. :snoop:

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Nucca... good reason? This the show that invented 3g/Wi-Fi enabled pacemakers. They do what they want with this show, it doesn't need sense or reason for them to do it. I wouldn't be surprised to see David Estes back from the dead next season. That's the type of fukkery they're on.

....reason. :snoop:
Homeland invented wireless heart monitoring :laugh:

Yall nikkas man :leostare: