In Carrie we trust - Homeland Season 2 thread

Costanza

lord of the idiots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jerrys place
the pacemaker thing was worse than everything listed on the last page.

i still enjoyed this season though

thats the bottom line i wasnt missing any episode come sunday night... when carrie got captured that shet was too much but it was still dope as fukk.

Rodgers

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When Sopranos final season gets examined like its the Zapruder film...When the Wire season 5 gets an insane amount of criticism...When Breaking Bad season 5 gets disrespected...When homeland gets emmy wins for best drama/actor/actress it gets that kind of attention

so drastic changes from season 1 to season 2 and major plot holes have to be discussed given the level of show that homeland is trying to be

Rodgers

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
24 was a great concept as a show. In the wake of real terrorism, it was an entertaining show where you could watch a good american kill terrorists

You give those guys credit for developing the show and im sure making more $ than most of us will ever make, but the show was full of retarded plot holes, awful writing, and most troubling an extremely destructive world outlook that so many Americans suffer from.

Give them credit for taking the israeli show and turning it into a great first season of homeland. The 2nd season is all them though and it was 24 level quality, just with better characters/actors/on a premium channel, and without the 24 hour concept.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Its hard to believe cause I havent seen any show thats as good

If Homeland "slipped" then every other show must be ass then

Yea season 2 is different and ive said that but its still top notch and most of the shyt yall complaining about is pettty as hell

Like Obarth said it seems like some of yall are watching just to nitpick shyt

nah how about you quote your post where you nitpicked BB and drop the links in this thread :stopitslime:

Sure...

:manny:

http://www.the-coli.com/1370783-post6575.html

Me and obarth talkin' about the show. The roles are reversed this time..
:pachaha:
http://www.the-coli.com/1327263-post5683.html

http://www.the-coli.com/1437896-post6848.html

http://www.the-coli.com/1333661-post5715.html

There's plenty of other examples...

shyt happens with every show.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Breh, I never brought up Breaking Bad, that was Stan. But look at those things you listed. We're really harping on Blackberrys and text messaging? Is that not some IMBD Goofs section type shyt? When did it go from critiquing the acting, plot, pacing, and cinematography and turn into let's spot the most meaningless flaws or gaffes? I love Breaking Bad and think it deserves all of the accolades it gets, even when I see those nikkas turning a truck into a damn giant magnet, because the acting from it's main characters is top notch, the plot is intriguing and it's shot beautifully.

Quinn works for Dar Adul and was helping out Estes, so him threatening Estes isn't a :mjpls: moment, imo. Dude was gonna murk a congressman, why would intimidating a gov't official be out of character? Dude shish kebabed Brody's hand like it was Mediterranean food earlier in the season, he's a hot head. Carrie is crazy and impulsive. And her life has been about catching Nazir. Was it stupid of her to go in there with a pipe, absolutely. Was it out of character, absolutely not.

If you guys want to say the Dana subplot ruined the pacing of the show and was completely unnecessary that's something I'll completely agree with and it's something of substance. Despite introducing us to the trillest character since Todd da gawd, that subplot genuinely took away from what the overall plot of the season was. But the fukk I look like griping about Brody ooVooing with Carrie on his Metro PCS? Or that nikka sexting with Roya despite being over his allotted texts for the monthly cycle? I don't care about that nikka's anytime minutes. fukk I look like complaining about Dana's milk being expired? Or Chris playing Kuma War but the HDMI cable isn't even plugged in? :damn:
EXACTLY!!! I always say, if you want to find a flaw or something negative to take out of an otherwise very enjoyable show, come to the coli.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
When Sopranos final season gets examined like its the Zapruder film...When the Wire season 5 gets an insane amount of criticism...When Breaking Bad season 5 gets disrespected...When homeland gets emmy wins for best drama/actor/actress it gets that kind of attention

so drastic changes from season 1 to season 2 and major plot holes have to be discussed given the level of show that homeland is trying to be

:dahell: Who is saying this show doesn't deserve to be scrutinized like other shows? What is being said repeatedly is give legit examples of these alleged plot holes and terrible writing. All of the examples being given come off as extreme reaches for the sake of having something bad to say about the show. Cats are even saying they don't know what it is but they weren't feeling this season. When grown ass men can't articulate why they dislike the season but just know they don't what do you expect a rational person to deduct from that? Give me an example of legit plot holes and horrible writing and I'll accept it. I'm not gonna let cats argue about FaceTime on a Blackberry being a flaw and be taken seriously.

And to the cats who had a problem with the romance angle between Carrie and Brody: are there any romance subplots you like/have liked in any TV show?

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
24 was a great concept as a show. In the wake of real terrorism, it was an entertaining show where you could watch a good american kill terrorists

You give those guys credit for developing the show and im sure making more $ than most of us will ever make, but the show was full of retarded plot holes, awful writing, and most troubling an extremely destructive world outlook that so many Americans suffer from.

Give them credit for taking the israeli show and turning it into a great first season of homeland. The 2nd season is all them though and it was 24 level quality, just with better characters/actors/on a premium channel, and without the 24 hour concept.

smh, disrespecting 24, i wish i could neg you :why:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I don't even know where to begin.

1. First off, this was bound to turn into "Breaking Bad vs Homeland" just based on the Emmys. Let's get that out in the open. I'm not saying the people criticizing it have an ulterior motive, but for the time being these two shows are linked because of that. Like Jay vs Nas.

2. Alex Gansa is a huge fan of "Breaking Bad", so this fan rivalry is :heh: to me.

3. Half the shyt people are "nitpicking" has been acknowledged by the writers as legit complaints, including the lack of realism compared to season 1, the hit and run, Brody potentially outliving a viable character arc, the Skype shyt, etc.

So :wtf: at people still arguing. Enough people are complaining about the shyt that Gansa and Gordon have addressed it in multiple interviews. This ain't just The Coli hating on "Homeland".

4. Which brings me to my next point. Most of that shyt was not a problem for me. But what bothers me ain't gonna bother you, or what "works" for me you might think is a big ass plot hole.

Fred.

Savior

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
:dahell: Who is saying this show doesn't deserve to be scrutinized like other shows? What is being said repeatedly is give legit examples of these alleged plot holes and terrible writing. All of the examples being given come off as extreme reaches for the sake of having something bad to say about the show. Cats are even saying they don't know what it is but they weren't feeling this season. When grown ass men can't articulate why they dislike the season but just know they don't what do you expect a rational person to deduct from that? Give me an example of legit plot holes and horrible writing and I'll accept it. I'm not gonna let cats argue about FaceTime on a Blackberry being a flaw and be taken seriously.

And to the cats who had a problem with the romance angle between Carrie and Brody: are there any romance subplots you like/have liked in any TV show?

Im not gonna bother to seek out the posts but there have been good points made about why season 2 hasn't been as good as season 1. Personally I loved the season finale but outside of that I have found it slightly weak compared to the first season esp post Brady confession.

As someone who's watched almost every season of 24 it was easy to see that this show had the same writers. Especially the sequence of eps that had Abu Nazir running around was basically straight out of 24. Don't get me wrong I loved 24 for what it was and I don't have an issue with the realism of the second season. It wasn't realistic but I was entertained as the writers said so no complaints there. To me, I just preferred the tension and suspense in season 1 rather than straight up action in season 2. S1 was somethig that was completely new and original...while S2 mostly felt like "been there done that" at a slightly lower quality. That being said I like how they finished off in the finale so they get props for finishing strong.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I don't even know where to begin.

1. First off, this was bound to turn into "Breaking Bad vs Homeland" just based on the Emmys. Let's get that out in the open. I'm not saying the people criticizing it have an ulterior motive, but for the time being these two shows are linked because of that. Like Jay vs Nas.

2. Alex Gansa is a huge fan of "Breaking Bad", so this fan rivalry is :heh: to me.

3. Half the shyt people are "nitpicking" has been acknowledged by the writers as legit complaints, including the lack of realism compared to season 1, the hit and run, Brody potentially outliving a viable character arc, the Skype shyt, etc.

So :wtf: at people still arguing. Enough people are complaining about the shyt that Gansa and Gordon have addressed it in multiple interviews. This ain't just The Coli hating on "Homeland".

4. Which brings me to my next point. Most of that shyt was not a problem for me. But what bothers me ain't gonna bother you, or what "works" for me you might think is a big ass plot hole.

Fred.
1 and 2. :yeshrug: Like I said before, comparing shows or seasons isn't something I like to do unless both shows have had their series finale. That said, there's nikkas on this board who stan gaming consoles, so I really don't doubt that there are nikkas that stan TV shows and let that stannery affect their critique of other shows.

3. I don't watch creator/producer podcasts firstly because I could care less, but also because I don't want to be influenced by what they have to say. I'm a grown ass man and in my opinion pretty intelligent and able to analyze things on my own. Also, the creators commenting on things a lot of people are complaining about doesn't mean those complaints are legit complaints. It just means they pay attention to the pulse of their fanbase which is a great thing. I've said the Dana/Finn da gawd sub plot was a legit flaw this season. But y'all nikkas really want to bring up Skype as a legit complaint? :dahell: You're better than that Fred.
Im not gonna bother to seek out the posts but there have been good points made about why season 2 hasn't been as good as season 1. Personally I loved the season finale but outside of that I have found it slightly weak compared to the first season esp post Brady confession.

As someone who's watched almost every season of 24 it was easy to see that this show had the same writers. Especially the sequence of eps that had Abu Nazir running around was basically straight out of 24. Don't get me wrong I loved 24 for what it was and I don't have an issue with the realism of the second season. It wasn't realistic but I was entertained as the writers said so no complaints there. To me, I just preferred the tension and suspense in season 1 rather than straight up action in season 2. S1 was somethig that was completely new and original...while S2 mostly felt like "been there done that" at a slightly lower quality. That being said I like how they finished off in the finale so they get props for finishing strong.

:wow: a nikka that actually came through with some informed and substantive criticism. This is what I've been asking for the whole time. Potent posting, breh :myman: That said, I said before, the dynamic of season 1 was impossible to recreate. Nothing can replicate newness. And the worst thing they could try to do is keep that dynamic going. The story itself didn't give them any way to keep that going. I completely agree that this season wasn't as tense and suspenseful, but I feel it was more emotional though. Carie breaking Brody. Their goodbye at the end. The convo between Carrie and Nazir. Thanks for the Inception-level posting, breh. Even if you are a Eagles fan :scusthov:

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Breh, I never brought up Breaking Bad, that was Stan. But look at those things you listed. We're really harping on Blackberrys and text messaging? Is that not some IMBD Goofs section type shyt? When did it go from critiquing the acting, plot, pacing, and cinematography and turn into let's spot the most meaningless flaws or gaffes? I love Breaking Bad and think it deserves all of the accolades it gets, even when I see those nikkas turning a truck into a damn giant magnet, because the acting from it's main characters is top notch, the plot is intriguing and it's shot beautifully.

Quinn works for Dar Adul and was helping out Estes, so him threatening Estes isn't a :mjpls: moment, imo. Dude was gonna murk a congressman, why would intimidating a gov't official be out of character? Dude shish kebabed Brody's hand like it was Mediterranean food earlier in the season, he's a hot head. Carrie is crazy and impulsive. And her life has been about catching Nazir. Was it stupid of her to go in there with a pipe, absolutely. Was it out of character, absolutely not.

If you guys want to say the Dana subplot ruined the pacing of the show and was completely unnecessary that's something I'll completely agree with and it's something of substance. Despite introducing us to the trillest character since Todd da gawd, that subplot genuinely took away from what the overall plot of the season was. But the fukk I look like griping about Brody ooVooing with Carrie on his Metro PCS? Or that nikka sexting with Roya despite being over his allotted texts for the monthly cycle? I don't care about that nikka's anytime minutes. fukk I look like complaining about Dana's milk being expired? Or Chris playing Kuma War but the HDMI cable isn't even plugged in? :damn:
:obama:

You continue to impress breh N/H

At a certain point you have to expect (and accept) a TV series about the CIA and counter-terrorism being fictional, and fantastical too. The helicopter escape was the silliest moment this season to me, but ah fukk it

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
1 and 2. :yeshrug: Like I said before, comparing shows or seasons isn't something I like to do unless both shows have had their series finale. That said, there's nikkas on this board who stan gaming consoles, so I really don't doubt that there are nikkas that stan TV shows and let that stannery affect their critique of other shows.

3. I don't watch creator/producer podcasts firstly because I could care less, but also because I don't want to be influenced by what they have to say. I'm a grown ass man and in my opinion pretty intelligent and able to analyze things on my own. Also, the creators commenting on things a lot of people are complaining about doesn't mean those complaints are legit complaints. It just means they pay attention to the pulse of their fanbase which is a great thing. I've said the Dana/Finn da gawd sub plot was a legit flaw this season. But y'all nikkas really want to bring up Skype as a legit complaint? :dahell: You're better than that Fred.

:wow: a nikka that actually came through with some informed and substantive criticism. This is what I've been asking for the whole time. Potent posting, breh :myman: That said, I said before, the dynamic of season 1 was impossible to recreate. Nothing can replicate newness. And the worst thing they could try to do is keep that dynamic going. The story itself didn't give them any way to keep that going. I completely agree that this season wasn't as tense and suspenseful, but I feel it was more emotional though. Carie breaking Brody. Their goodbye at the end. The convo between Carrie and Nazir. Thanks for the Inception-level posting, breh. Even if you are a Eagles fan :scusthov:

Breh, half the shyt I listed I either didn't notice or didn't care about. Including Skype. I'm just keeping it 100 with both sides of the discussion.

And what I meant was, half the shyt that people are arguing about the writers admit was legit problems or flaws. All season I been saying that Brody's story was kinda spinning it's wheels and maybe he should die. And someone responded ":heh: at you dumb asses thinking they'll kill off Brody, he has so much story left"....then a couple days ago the writers admit they wanted to kill him off in ep 7 because they wasn't sure what to do with him, and might not even have him back next year. shyt like that. I'm not saying go read 100 interviews or listen to every podcast, but a few of the arguments in this thread (not necessarily you, just in general) could be easily avoided by being knowledgeable about the show outside of just watching it.

Fred.