In Carrie we trust - Homeland Season 2 thread

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Man fukk all that bullsh!t. The ending was FIRE literally. That Blackberry shyt was :heh: but the sh!t with the car parked in front of the building wasn't THAT agregious. Yeah, its possible it wouldn't have happened but like someone else said, lets wait until they kinda hash it out and start piecing the puzzle together.

It kills me how n!ggas can be cool with Omar running around Baltimore dropping bodies and everyone KNOWING he is doing it yet he hardly ever sees the inside of a jail, or a chemistry teacher who never dealt drugs somehow overcomes cancer and rises to the top of the drug game in a years time, yet Homeland is too far of a stretch. It's tv. This aint real life. Grab some popcorn, kick your feet up and watch some shyt and enjoy. As long as the sh!t doesn't become pathetically absurd then I'm all good with it.

It's just not that serious.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
man whatever nikka

This season is still 10 times more realistic then the last season of BB and I didnt see any of yall in there nitpicking about realism so why all of sudden does realism matter so much?

nikkas actually complaining about him having facetime on a blackberry

How fukking petty is that?

Breh, again. Stop making this a Breaking Bad vs Homeland thing.

I've never compared the two, my criticisms are directly coming from Season 1 of this show. Breaking Bad is irrelevant in this IMO. 24 is irrelevant for me as well, since I've never even seen that show.

Why is it so hard to believe that some people think Homeland slipped a little this season? Same shyt happened with Boardwalk Empire. The shyt happens breh.

Suicide King

#OldBlack
Daps
Brody will be in S3 tho...

Also how does Carrie even explain how she left the premises/why. It won't take long for the CIA to determine Brody wasn't in the building when it exploded

Who's gonna go after Carrie? Saul? It would most likely be on the agenda, but if you notice CIA don't really do man hunts. They gather intelligence and locate the target.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons

Why is it so hard to believe that some people think Homeland slipped a little this season? Same shyt happened with Boardwalk Empire. The shyt happens breh.

I don't know about anyone else, but I have no problem believing that some people think that. But we're having a discussion, so I think people are looking for explanations for why you and others feel that way. And a lot of us just don't buy the examples of certain flaws being given to be legit or enough to say the show was negatively affected.

With Boardwalk for example, I could argue that the season moved at an extremely slow pace, the introduction of the Gyp character wasn't done very well and he came off as a caricature a lot of the time, and the side story about Nucky's red head was pointless and made watching a chore. That's plot, pacing and writing. Substantive things. As opposed to nikkas just saying "More Chalky :damn:" "More Capone :damn:" "fukk Margeret :damn:" "No nikkas died this episode?:damn:" "Owen ain't Jimmy :damn:". The complaints I'm seeing about this season aren't substantive in my imo. :yeshrug:

Real

Daps
Reppin
Under Your Skin
Man fukk all that bullsh!t. The ending was FIRE literally. That Blackberry shyt was :heh: but the sh!t with the car parked in front of the building wasn't THAT agregious. Yeah, its possible it wouldn't have happened but like someone else said, lets wait until they kinda hash it out and start piecing the puzzle together.

It kills me how n!ggas can be cool with Omar running around Baltimore dropping bodies and everyone KNOWING he is doing it yet he hardly ever sees the inside of a jail, or a chemistry teacher who never dealt drugs somehow overcomes cancer and rises to the top of the drug game in a years time, yet Homeland is too far of a stretch. It's tv. This aint real life. Grab some popcorn, kick your feet up and watch some shyt and enjoy. As long as the sh!t doesn't become pathetically absurd then I'm all good with it.

It's just not that serious.

Best post in this whole thread.

Real

Daps
Reppin
Under Your Skin

I've never compared the two, my criticisms are directly coming from Season 1 of this show. Breaking Bad is irrelevant in this IMO. 24 is irrelevant for me as well, since I've never even seen that show.

He's not comparing the shows. He's just using BB as an example.

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
Easiest way for me to explain it is that the plot of the show just got stupid as shyt to me..there were only so many :beli: moments that I could take before I kinda just became not as high on the show...the SNL parody wasn't too far off...I'm not one of those annoying geeks that's gonna just camp out in the thread crying and complaining about it having one of the highest post counts in the thread and ruining discussion of the show for the people that enjoy for the entire season...but yeah, count me in the camp that thought it fell off this year...I was hating the finale with all the goddamned Brody/Carrie romance novel stuff, but then it picked up after the bombing

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

He's not comparing the shows. He's just using BB as an example.

Which is retarded.

People like various shows for different reasons. To try and use one show as an example as to why one who watches both (in this case BB and Homeland) can't criticize one more than the other is just stupid.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Easiest way for me to explain it is that the plot of the show just got stupid as shyt to me..there were only so many :beli: moments that I could take before I kinda just became not as high on the show...the SNL parody wasn't too far off...I'm not one of those annoying geeks that's gonna just camp out in the thread crying and complaining about it having one of the highest post counts in the thread and ruining discussion of the show for the people that enjoy for the entire season...but yeah, count me in the camp that thought it fell off this year...I was hating the finale with all the goddamned Brody/Carrie romance novel stuff, but then it picked up after the bombing

The ending saved it, but I felt the same way as I watched the finale.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

Its hard to believe cause I havent seen any show thats as good

If Homeland "slipped" then every other show must be ass then

Yea season 2 is different and ive said that but its still top notch and most of the shyt yall complaining about is pettty as hell

Like Obarth said it seems like some of yall are watching just to nitpick shyt

Real

Daps
Reppin
Under Your Skin
Which is retarded.

People like various shows for different reasons. To try and use one show as an example as to why one who watches both (in this case BB and Homeland) can't criticize one more than the other is just stupid.

:what: He's not criticizing anyone for watching either show. He's just pointing out how a show like Homeland can get nitpicked to death, but a show like BB gets a pass:ld:

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

:what: He's not criticizing anyone for watching either show. He's just pointing out how a show like Homeland can get nitpicked to death, but a show like BB gets a pass:ld:

Exactly

I love both shows but you cant stan BB but use realism as a excuse to nitpick Homeland to death

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Exactly

I love both shows but you cant stan BB but use realism as a excuse to nitpick Homeland to desth

But Breaking Bad did get nitpicked and criticized. Just up the thread.

:what:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
the pacemaker thing was worse than everything listed on the last page.

i still enjoyed this season though.