In Carrie we trust - Homeland Season 2 thread

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
Huh? The turn of events is lazy writing in of itself: you can't move a car to the front of the fukking CIA building and walk off. My point was just that I was wondering where the C4 came from, and I guess now it does make sense since we don't know what the CIA confiscated

None of us know when the car was moved. none of us. Was it before everyone got seated? was it before Estes gave his speech? Also, it's not shocking for valets to move cars, the pentagon isn't an exception. Having a terrorist dressed as a valet only to move Brody's car closer to where the memorial was is very plausible. I'm just throwing that out there. There was nothing lazy about the writing during that incident, you're just upset they didn't show you every single second of what made that plan happen and it rubbed you the wrong way. It reminded me of people who wondered how Bruce got back into Gotham after escaping the pit, just because the writer or director didn't show you the timeline of it playing out doesn't mean something is off.

My problems with the show range beyond that. Nearly all of S2 was bad imo, and full of bad writing used to justify shytty plot points. Need to stop Nazir's assassination? Let Brody bring a cell phone into the gawd damn Pentagon and text him (in real time of course). Is this Homeland or 24, brehs?

Do you remember exactly how that scene with Brody getting brought into the room to wach the hit on Nazir? He was literally rushed in there by the VP who was all giddy and shyt. No one got checked for anything, not just Brody. Human error is what made Brody slip that cellphone in, the agents on hand and the officials fukked up because of what was going on. My nikka, this is common sense.

replies in bold. Anything else?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
saul-jump-shark_zps9a97cab9.png

:steviej:

Fred.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
replies in bold. Anything else?

First on the car: a "valet" is not moving a car to the front of the CIA breh. Again, it's a clear example of the writers taking an ends justify the means approach to the plot. They wanted the CIA to get blown up, and making sense was thrown out the window.

On the situation room: It's not common sense. That "fukk up" would not happen, period. Not even the president walks into a situation room with a cell phone, bro. And like I said, how you gonna send a text in DC and it goes to the middle east immediately - exactly fast enough to stop an assassination?

Brody should have died at the end of S1 brehs. His entire arc felt too forced, and now they're gonna continue it into S3? Come on, I was wishing Quinn would kill him when he was praying.

And I'm still mad my nikka Estes is gone :sadcam:

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
First on the car: a "valet" is not moving a car to the front of the CIA breh. Again, it's a clear example of the writers taking an ends justify the means approach to the plot. They wanted the CIA to get blown up, and making sense was thrown out the window.

On the situation room: It's not common sense. That "fukk up" would not happen, period. Not even the president walks into a situation room with a cell phone, bro. And like I said, how you gonna send a text in DC and it goes to the middle east immediately - exactly fast enough to stop an assassination?

Brody should have died at the end of S1 brehs. His entire arc felt too forced, and now they're gonna continue it into S3? Come on, I was wishing Quinn would kill him when he was praying.

And I'm still mad my nikka Estes is gone :sadcam:
The whole point of the explosion was that everyone had their guard down after Nazir died. Obviously shyt can happen, especially if the car the bomb was in a Congressman's car. The cell phone situation was off though but they admitted that :lolbron:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:beli:

We don't even know how long the car was in front of the building. There hasn't even been enough time for them to figure out details of the attack, 5 seconds after we see his truck in front of the building, the explosion happens. How was common sense thrown out the window? You're upset they havent' explained something they haven't had a chance to explain yet.

I mean, the truck was on a roadway in front of the building. So the idea of a vehicle being in that area isn't absurd. It's not like the shyt was just parked on a sidewalk or the grass and nobody noticed anything.

We don't even know if Brody will be in S3. Everybody but Carrie thinks Brody died in the attack. Saul and Carrie will be putting the CIA back together and will probably be working on a new case.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
All I know is people are going to be thrown in the bushes next season.

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
I think...

But you know...

And....

Aw fukk it, I can't go back and forth with the brehs on this. I enjoyed the shyt, I feel for those that saw flaws, as I did for the Dark Knight Rises (still like it tho), but I've done my duty this season.

I was here, it happened, I'm full :salute:

nikkas and gentlemen, until the next batch of awards.

ninja_vanish_digital_version_by_ninja_master_tommy-d3kxn7a.gif

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
when did they admit that? are they gonnna adress skyping with a blackberry 8300? :usure:
It was in a tv guide interview. The bigger question is why was Nazir using an iPhone?

Which proves my theory that Apple is a terrorist organaztion, GSDG :win:.

Speaking of TV Guide...

Are you a fan of the show ‘Homeland‘? I have to admit, I’ve never seen an episode but I have people constantly telling me that I must watch it because it’s just that good! I guess I’ll have to start picking up the first season on DVD and catch up because TV Guide has also named the show it’s Show of the Year for 2012.
This is the second straight year that the Showtime original has topped TV Guide’s list. The show, starring Claire Danes and Damian Lewis has not only garnered fan praise but has won acting nods for Danes. Check out what other shows made the list for best shows of the year!
1. Homeland (Showtime)
2. Breaking Bad (AMC)
3. 30 Rock (NBC)
4. Mad Men (NBC)
5. The Walking Dead (AMC)
6. Parenthood (NBC)
7. Louie (FX)
8. Girls (HBO)
9. Game of Thrones (HBO)
10. Happy Endings (ABC)
11. Revolution (NBC)
12. Nashville (ABC)
13. Scandal (ABC)
14. Dexter (Showtime)
15. Parks and Recreation (NBC)

TV Guide Names 'Homeland' Their Show Of The Year! | Celeb Gossip, Celeb News and Celeb Pictures by I'm Not Obsessed

Show of the Year :win:

MightyHealthy

said what he said
Daps
Reppin
PUROGANG
One of my coworkers recognized Saul (Mandy Patinkin) as Inigo Montoya from The Princess Bride:

g1wqJ.gif

Hadn't seen the movie in years, never made the connection. Mind was blown. Rewatched tonight, loved it yet again.

He also had a funny bit in Run Ronnie Run:

Last edited by a moderator: