In Carrie we trust - Homeland Season 2 thread

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Also, Brody points out that his car was moved. Had he done it, there would literally be no reason to say that.

I feel like people don't even pay attention to these shows :heh:

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Also, Brody points out that his car was moved. Had he done it, there would literally be no reason to say that.

I feel like people don't even pay attention to these shows :heh:

Because he knew where he parked his car :snoop:

gangreen

Top Notch
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn #byrdgang
I really hope for Carrie's sake there was no camera's in that elevator before the explosion where the footage could be salvaged then she would have some splainin to do :mjpls:

Deetee

Notorious Lurker
Daps
Reppin
T.Dot
I don't see how he can possibly clear his name but they did it with Jack Bauer in 24 so I trust these writers/producers have a great twist.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Dunno if the show can be repaired brehs. This season has been a joke, and that finale...aite I liked a lot of it, but it just is too ridiculous. Where did they get that C4 from, and how did they sneak it into the Pentagon parking lot? IT must have been a shyt ton sooo Brody is either lying or wasn't looking when they packed his car with a shyt ton of that stuff.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Early in the call, Gansa acknowledged that "A lot of people have told me that they still have a glimmer of doubt about Brody, and if you watch his behavior in the finale, there are moments where it's a little uncertain about whether or not he was responsible," and he added that, "It's up for you guys to interpret, because I don't want to tell you what to think. But we deliberately left the door open for that possibility."

Homeland producers Alex Gansa and howard Gordon on Brodys future, Sauls loyalties and more from season 2

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Dunno if the show can be repaired brehs. This season has been a joke, and that finale...aite I liked a lot of it, but it just is too ridiculous. Where did they get that C4 from, and how did they sneak it into the Pentagon parking lot? IT must have been a shyt ton sooo Brody is either lying or wasn't looking when they packed his car with a shyt ton of that stuff.

The C4 was from the tailor's shop. The same C4 they used to make the vest.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

After that a critic basically said, "you guys need to eventually take a stand on whether or not Brody is a bad guy" and Gansa responded with:

"Frankly, I completely agree with you," Gansa replied, "but that doesn't mean there aren't people out there that still believe — still think there's that possibility. I just don't want to dissuade anybody from that. It's in Damian's performance. Both Carrie and Brody are damaged people, and I think that their behavior and allegiances may not be as transparent as somebody less damaged. That's the only takeaway. I agree with you. If you look back on the season, you would have to think hard to understand why he did certain things, if indeed, he was partially responsible for what happened."

Gordon added that they weren't suggesting there was intentional ambiguity with Brody's actions, but, "I think people were reading into that... We're playing fair with the audience, but we are astounded sometimes with what people read into it
. Most notably Saul last year. He says the mourner's prayer over a suspect, which is just an act of humanity, and suddenly people said, 'He's the mole.'"

He said something similar in another interview. Basically, the writers don't want to spell out "he did/didn't do it" but a lot of things don't make sense if he did do it, so that should indicate if he did or not.

Fred.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
The C4 was from the tailor's shop. The same C4 they used to make the vest.

Fred.

Yea but that C4 was already accounted for right? Ah but then again, the CIA didn't know exactly how much the terrorists had, they just knew how much they got back in the thwarted attack

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
The mole probably hasn't been revealed yet. Keep an eye out for new characters in season 3.

good shyt with those Q&A posts @hexagram23

Last edited by a moderator: