In Carrie we trust - Homeland Season 2 thread

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Dunno if the show can be repaired brehs. This season has been a joke, and that finale...aite I liked a lot of it, but it just is too ridiculous. Where did they get that C4 from, and how did they sneak it into the Pentagon parking lot? IT must have been a shyt ton sooo Brody is either lying or wasn't looking when they packed his car with a shyt ton of that stuff.

His car was abandoned for who knows how long when they snatched him in the chopper

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
@STAN JONES

Here is the other quote. Almost the same but they go into a little more detail. Long story short, if he did it alot of shyt doesn't make sense this season:

Pressed on whether it would be plausible for Brody to execute the attack given what we’ve seen of him this season, Gansa says: “I agree with you, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t people out there who don’t think of that possibility. I don’t want to dissuade anybody of that….if you look back on the season, you’d have to think hard and your brain would start hurting to understand why he did certain things if he was responsible at the CIA.”

'Homeland' team answers burning finale questions, hint season 3 plans | Inside TV | EW.com

Fred.

Last edited by a moderator:

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
Dunno if the show can be repaired brehs. This season has been a joke, and that finale...aite I liked a lot of it, but it just is too ridiculous. Where did they get that C4 from, and how did they sneak it into the Pentagon parking lot? IT must have been a shyt ton sooo Brody is either lying or wasn't looking when they packed his car with a shyt ton of that stuff.

are you serious? so a mole on the inside sneaks out c4 and moves brody's car (a timeline we have no clue about) or Brody did it and lied to Carrie and you think the show needs repairing? Have you been watching Homeland before this episode?

you realize everything you questioned will be revealed...right? they chose not to reveal who set up the bombing and how they did it for a reason, to dive into it for season 3, not because it cannot be explained. There are no plot holes regarding this incident, none of us know when the c4 was stolen and when the car was moved, none of us, so we can't connect the dots until we see more pieces of the puzzle.

Sometimes i really wonder about the iq of some of you nikkas in these tv show threads, it's like common sense is thrown out the window. It's like yall say ridiculous shyt like this to spark a debate that doesnt need talking about. No disrespect though, but i'm calling it like i see it. Use common sense fam.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
There's a pretty great interview with Ganza (the showrunner) on Grantland's "Hollywood Prospectus" podcast.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I couldn't be a showrunner brehs. Some of these interviewers are obviously :troll:

I had a few problems with this season....nothing major in hindsight....but how do these dudes have the balls to just sit there and ask "so, people think your show jumped the shark, how do you feel about that?".

How is Alex Gansa and them not punching people in the face? That's mad disrespectful IMO. It's kinda like Shyne calling Kendrick Lamar's album trash. Ok....you don't like it....but trash? For real? I dunno. It didn't sit well with me.

Fred.

Suicide King

#OldBlack
Daps
are you serious? so a mole on the inside sneaks out c4 and moves brody's car (a timeline we have no clue about) or Brody did it and lied to Carrie and you think the show needs repairing? Have you been watching Homeland before this episode?

you realize everything you questioned will be revealed...right? they chose not to reveal who set up the bombing and how they did it for a reason, to dive into for season 3, not because it cannot be explained.

Sometimes i really wonder about the iq of some of you nikkas in these tv show threads, it's like common sense is thrown out the window. It's like yall say ridiculous shyt like this to spark a debate that doesnt need talking about. No disrespect though, but i'm calling it like i see it. Use common sense fam.

:salute:

You gotta call a spade a spade. Most of these guys are going for cool points and e-rep.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
I couldn't be a showrunner brehs. Some of these interviewers are obviously :troll:

I had a few problems with this season....nothing major in hindsight....but how do these dudes have the balls to just sit there and ask "so, people think your show jumped the shark, how do you feel about that?".

How is Alex Gansa and them not punching people in the face? That's mad disrespectful IMO. It's kinda like Shyne calling Kendrick Lamar's album trash. Ok....you don't like it....but trash? For real? I dunno. It didn't sit well with me.

Fred.

I'd point at my Emmy and :henryha:

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps

Fred.

I agree. Everyone tries to be a critic and not everyone is cut out for it or have the understanding to do it. Lol @ jump the shark. When and where? Like you always said, if they revealed Saul to be the mole THAT WOULD BE A JUMP THE SHARK MOMENT and Gordon shot down that ridiculous idea in the Q&A. He literally threw the last few pages of this thread in the bushes with the "I knew it, Saul is the mole". Dead at the bear being the mole while trying to rid the world of terrorists...:what:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I agree. Everyone tries to be a critic and not everyone is cut out for it or have the understanding to do it. Lol @ jump the shark. When and where? Like you always said if they revealed Saul to be the mole THAT WOULD BE A JUMP THE SHARK MOMENT.

The shark would put on a suicide vest breh. :troll:

Fred.

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
The shark would put on a suicide vest breh. :troll:

Fred.

someone please Photoshop Saul's face on Homer's

jump-the-shark.gif

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

you realize everything you questioned will be revealed...right? they chose not to reveal who set up the bombing and how they did it for a reason, to dive into it for season 3, not because it cannot be explained. There are no plot holes regarding this incident, none of us know when the c4 was stolen and when the car was moved, none of us, so we can't connect the dots until we see more pieces of the puzzle.

Huh? The turn of events is lazy writing in of itself: you can't move a car to the front of the fukking CIA building and walk off. My point was just that I was wondering where the C4 came from, and I guess now it does make sense since we don't know what the CIA confiscated

My problems with the show range beyond that. Nearly all of S2 was bad imo, and full of bad writing used to justify shytty plot points. Need to stop Nazir's assassination? Let Brody bring a cell phone into the gawd damn Pentagon and text him (in real time of course). Is this Homeland or 24, brehs?

I'm fine with ridiculous shyt and plot holes, but this season has been completely full of them. I can't fux with it

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
:whoa:
What if they have a perfect explanation for it :usure:

Those explanations are constantly ignoring the mountain of evidence on the other side of the argument.

Might as well just say "Well, he IS a Muslim" and call it a day.