In Carrie we trust - Homeland Season 2 thread

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
So nobody thinks Saul put this whole shyt together. Why was he pressing so hard for her to not go with Brody and forcing the "hes still a terrorist" thought on her. He also had access to the tape and was acting strange during the Nazir drop and at the body storage. I thought it was obvious that Saul was a undercover terrorist.

Savior

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
Anyone else think Claire Danes solidified herself as a Top 5 DOA actress after this? Ive never been so impressed with a female performance in I-cant-remember-how-long :ahh:

It looks like shes on the verge of mental breakdown every episode :wow:

Def the best performance by a female ever on a TV show....can't think of a better one overall.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
'Homeland' team answers burning finale questions, hint season 3 plans | Inside TV | EW.com

A few facts from Alex Gansa, in a nutshell:

1. There is a mole.

2. Saul is not the mole. Matter of fact the creators of the show are :what: at people thinking that.

3. They realize this season wasn't very realistic....but were you entertained? :manny:

4. Saul does suspect Carrie helped Brody escape. @obarth

5. Brody was supposed to die in ep 7 or 8 but they decided to rewrite at the last minute.

6. They realize the Carrie/Brody love angle is kinda played out so they're looking for a different angle with those two characters.

7. There will be a "new case" in season 3. It won't be all about Brody.

Fred.

Last edited by a moderator:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
More info from Gansa and Gordon from Alan Sepinwall:

Homeland producers Alex Gansa and howard Gordon on Brodys future, Sauls loyalties and more from season 2

1. Most people will assume Brody was at ground zero and dead. So there won't be some crazy man hunt for him.

2. The hit and run shyt was meant to tie into the main story more, but they kinda dropped the ball a bit and wanted to wrap it up fast.

3. Brody might not appear in season 3 at all. It's up in the air. They also said they don't care if he won an Emmy, if they feel like killing Brody off they will.

4. Quinn will be back. Also a possible plot for season 3 would be Saul rebuilding the CIA network with Dar Adal.

5. Another possible angle is exploring whether or not Carrie's meds interfere with her Rainman-like ability to piece together CIA info, like she did with the colors in season 1.

Fred.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I definitely dont think that Saul is the mole or a "bad guy" for that matter, but his character is very suspicious and with his rise to power I really hope/expect the writers to show some of his flaws and secrets.

His motives are not as clear and genuine as Carries. He believes in fairness, but he is also very calculated. Im sure he has dirt and some old connects that we will find out about, and his relationship with his wife is...strange

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So nobody thinks Saul put this whole shyt together. Why was he pressing so hard for her to not go with Brody and forcing the "hes still a terrorist" thought on her. He also had access to the tape and was acting strange during the Nazir drop and at the body storage. I thought it was obvious that Saul was a undercover terrorist.

Because he is a terrorist. If your good friend was gonna quit her job because she was in love with a terrorist you'd give her the :kobe: too.

How was he acting strange? He was just standing there.

I definitely dont think that Saul is the mole or a "bad guy" for that matter, but his character is very suspicious and with his rise to power I really hope/expect the writers to show some of his flaws and secrets.

His motives are not as clear and genuine as Carries. He believes in fairness, but he is also very calculated. Im sure he has dirt and some old connects that we will find out about, and his relationship with his wife is...strange

I really don't get where the suspicious talk is coming from. I don't think he has any motives at all. He does his job, which is to protect the US and he tries to avoid the politics that people like Estes and Walden get caught up in.

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
2. Saul is not the mole. Matter of fact the creators of the show are :what: at people thinking that.

I never thought Saul was the mole b/c im #teamsaul till the end :myman:

but...

what purpose did that shady lie-detector test scene in season one serve other than leading the audience to believe he could be the mole?

not being a douche, just wondering if I missed something...

also, I just watched and havent read through the thread yet but...

:to: @obarth

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

but...

what purpose did that shady lie-detector test scene in season one serve other than leading the audience to believe he could be the mole?

Didn't that happen in the beginning-middle of season 1? Since that time there has been a bunch of stuff that's happen that should've killed that theory.

So yeah, at the time it was supposed to be a curve ball, make us think that, but 18 episodes later, it should be clear that Saul is on team USA.

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
Didn't that happen in the beginning-middle of season 1? Since that time there has been a bunch of stuff that's happen that should've killed that theory.

yeah i hear that, Im just sayin....the writers cant put that shyt out there and then call him the "moral center". The "moral center" would swag through a lie detector test like :stopitslime:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

but...

Dunno, they didn't address that. I assume to make us think he might be the mole at the time, but I guess they think the viewers should know by now it's not him. Which is why they're :why: at people saying he's the mole after the finale.

Fred.