In Carrie we trust - Homeland Season 2 thread

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
I thought the finale was phenomenal, and made up for a majority of the issues I had with the last few episodes, and wrapped a lot of plotlines I didn't really care for overall.

I've been thinking about the different ways they could've gone with the Brody/Carrie relationship to end this season and the possibility that they would have killed him off.

Like someone else mentioned, an alternate version where Quinn takes Brody out at the cabin (and ideally cleans it up so Carrie doesn't know he's dead)...and then Brody's car is still used as the bomb device...would be very interesting. Only a few people know that Brody is actually dead and didn't do it...while Carrie thinks she was played again by the man shes in love with....and the rest of the CIA thinks he's alive somewhere

The OTHER plotline I would've loved to see, is Brody dying in the blast. Carrie's uncertainty over his involvement at that point would have been equally fascinating to explore.

Thinking about shyt like this makes me want to write a pilot or a screenplay....then I remember I'm just too damn lazy :sadcam:

analog

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Brody laying up with Carrie worked out too well to his favor. I don't trust this muthafukca at all:birdman:

And I really don't want to see my girl Carrie crushed again :to:

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I wanted this nikka Brody dead...after he murked Mike :beli:

But I won't mind him if this shyt with him & Carrie is done. That whole romance shyt was annoying. I don't know if the producers intentionally wanted it to be uncomfortable but enough is enough damnit :aicmon:

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
That back and forth between carrie and saul :wow:

Had me
noted-ryan-the-office.gif

Saul laid out the essential "how to handle a bish" groundwork. Didn't raise his voice (cept the crescendo of his arguement), didn't get physical, made his point with a thorough logic and K.I.M :win:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I thought the finale was phenomenal, and made up for a majority of the issues I had with the last few episodes, and wrapped a lot of plotlines I didn't really care for overall.

I've been thinking about the different ways they could've gone with the Brody/Carrie relationship to end this season and the possibility that they would have killed him off.

Like someone else mentioned, an alternate version where Quinn takes Brody out at the cabin (and ideally cleans it up so Carrie doesn't know he's dead)...and then Brody's car is still used as the bomb device...would be very interesting. Only a few people know that Brody is actually dead and didn't do it...while Carrie thinks she was played again by the man shes in love with....and the rest of the CIA thinks he's alive somewhere

The OTHER plotline I would've loved to see, is Brody dying in the blast. Carrie's uncertainty over his involvement at that point would have been equally fascinating to explore.

Thinking about shyt like this makes me want to write a pilot or a screenplay....then I remember I'm just too damn lazy :sadcam:

:ohhh:

Both scenarios would have been crazy.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

:whoa: Brody ends up dead in both of those scenarios

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
:whoa: Brody ends up dead in both of those scenarios

Yeah, and?

He'd be dead, but in both scenarios his storyline would continue. And in the first, only the viewers and a handful of people would know he was dead...which opens a ton of interesting story possibilities.

And as far as the Carrie/Brody relationship, I think it just ran its course too early in the season. In many ways, the incredible first 4 episodes caused these issues.

We were are shocked and :raewoo: when the writers chose to reveal the suicide-tape in the second episode and then again when they had Carrie run in and snatch Brody up in the fourth. Had the writers stretched those moments out, the payoff would've been lessened but the epsiodes afterwards where Brody and Carrie were working through their issues would have been compressed.

The problem isn't that their relationship wasn't interesting from jump, but rather than it simply ate up too much screen time without and significant developments. If it were as terrible as many claim, then the finale wouldn't be as successful as it was.

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
I'm about to read what I missed, that episode was the GOAT! Where my nikkkas Obarth at? Our nikka dead!!!

Something wrong, I hold my head:whoo:
Finn gone, our nikka dead:damn:
Brody left his girl, she called the feds
He did that run and fukked our girl
Carrie heading home, she almost there
She's on her way, heading up the stairs
To her surprise, Saul is replacing STDS
And that son of a bytch is a jew reciting the kaddish!!!

Cop lights, flash lights
Spot lights, strobe lights
Street lights
Fast life, terrorist life
Most wanted life, killa life:birdman:
Every night

Executive order, can’t see his daughter:noah:
Her mother, brother, stepdad:mjpls: hate him in that order
Public visitation, they met at the Border :yeshrug:
Told her they couldn't take him back, he'd be more evasive
He made mistakes, he ragged his head:pacspit:
Nazir sucked him dry, to blow that C4:lolbron:
She need her daddy, baby please :to:
Can’t let her grow up in that ghetto university :sadbron:

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
At some point I thought Brody was gonna continue his political carreer and be President.
Then I thought Saul released the tape but it was Al Qaeda after all(doesn't mean they did, but they'll take the credit anyway). And in the END, Saul that snitch nikka was safe and sound riding waves saying goodbye to his leader Abu and praying like a JEW!

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The terrorists on this show are the most successful mofos ever. They pull off some spectacular attacks on high value targets like its nothing.
And Carrie is a ride or die chick...she was seriously thinking about throwing her whole life and career in the bushes for Brody after a two minutes of his offering excuses.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Anyone else think Claire Danes solidified herself as a Top 5 DOA actress after this? Ive never been so impressed with a female performance in I-cant-remember-how-long :ahh:

It looks like shes on the verge of mental breakdown every episode :wow: