In Carrie we trust - Homeland Season 2 thread

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I see. Do they atleast portray to the average uneducated viewer that Islam is a normal religion like every other atleast? lol

By the way, worth checking out? Only watch Boardwalk Empire and Breaking Bad.

It's definitely worth checking out, and I'm a "Breaking Bad" stan.

This show definitely isn't for uneducated viewers though. They don't stereotype Muslims, they show how uneducated people (sometimes main characters) stereotype Muslims.

The less you know about the show the better though.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Anyway, the ep was great.

There is another reason I haven't seen mentioned, as to why Saul wouldn't hand over the Brody video. At least not in any official capacity.

That video would be a monumental political cluster fukk. Mad careers would end as an aftermath....think about it....this guy consorted with terrorists, tried to murk the vice pres....and they made him a congressman? :why:

Keep in mind Brody is basically a star on the show....he's an American hero. So how would they handle that? They'd have to figure out a way to defuse his political career, off the books.

Carrie is legit insane. Beirut is so gangsta rappers reference it in songs and this bytch is running through the streets like :krs:

Brody and the vice pres this season is reminding me of Walt and Hank. Vice pres keeps on handing this guy major info without even meaning to.

As far as the cell phone, I don't have any idea how realistic that would be so I'm not gonna speak on it. But dude is a congressman, a war hero, and he walked into the room with the vice pres. So I doubt him having, or using a cell phone, would raise any red flags.

Fred.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
As far as the cell phone, I don't have any idea how realistic that would be so I'm not gonna speak on it. But dude is a congressman, a war hero, and he walked into the room with the vice pres. So I doubt him having, or using a cell phone, would raise any red flags.

Fred.

Sensors were installed in the ceilings to detect cellular signals to prevent unauthorized communications and bugging by mobile phones, personal digital assistants, and other devices

A minor gripe imo. Certainly made me pause, maybe they should've had him feign being uncomfortable seeing Nazir again and leave the room....idk. :manny:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Sensors were installed in the ceilings to detect cellular signals to prevent unauthorized communications and bugging by mobile phones, personal digital assistants, and other devices
:manny:

Where, the Pentagon?

EDIT:

That's the Situation Room in The White House breh. They were in the Pentagon.

Fred.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Where, the Pentagon?

EDIT:

That's the Situation Room in The White House breh. They were in the Pentagon.

Fred.

:ohhh:

Well, I don't think it's a stretch to assume something similar exists at the Pentagon

Actually, I'd be surprised if anyone was even allowed to carry a cell phone in the Pentagon. My brother-in-law works for State in DC and they aren't allowed cell phones in their building. Using one leads to immediate termination I believe.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Anyway, the ep was great.

There is another reason I haven't seen mentioned, as to why Saul wouldn't hand over the Brody video. At least not in any official capacity.

That video would be a monumental political cluster fukk. Mad careers would end as an aftermath....think about it....this guy consorted with terrorists, tried to murk the vice pres....and they made him a congressman? :why:

Keep in mind Brody is basically a star on the show....he's an American hero. So how would they handle that? They'd have to figure out a way to defuse his political career, off the books.

Carrie is legit insane. Beirut is so gangsta rappers reference it in songs and this bytch is running through the streets like :krs:

Brody and the vice pres this season is reminding me of Walt and Hank. Vice pres keeps on handing this guy major info without even meaning to.

Fred.

No way Saul can keep that information under wraps unless he's the mole. If he's not, then he has to let Estes know. Now what happens after Estes knows?

:yeshrug:

There's only a few outcomes to this reveal IMO.

1.) Saul gets killed before the footage reaches the CIA.

2.) Saul turns in the intel, and the mole (whoever it is) gets wind of it before the shyt hits the fan... Saul gets killed

3.) Saul doesn't say shyt because he's the mole.

4.) Saul lets Estes know, and instead of going directly after Brody, they just keep it under wraps and put eyes on Brody in order to catch Nazir scheming.

Saul's days might be coming to an end brehs...
:wow:

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
If Saul is a/the mole, then he wouldn't have greenlit the capture/kill mission on the Nazir meeting. He had EVERY reason to kill that mission.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
If Saul is a/the mole, then he wouldn't have greenlit the capture/kill mission on the Nazir meeting. He had EVERY reason to kill that mission.

Yeah, I mentioned that as well.

I just don't want the mole to be some random person that we haven't seen yet. The show has went out of their way to give us clear reasons as to why Saul and Estes aren't the mole this season. But still...

I'm keeping my eye on em

:mjpls:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
No way Saul can keep that information under wraps unless he's the mole. If he's not, then he has to let Estes know. Now what happens after Estes knows?

2.) Saul turns in the intel, and the mole (whoever it is) gets wind of it before the shyt hits the fan... Saul gets killed

4.) Saul lets Estes know, and instead of going directly after Brody, they just keep it under wraps and put eyes on Brody in order to catch Nazir scheming.

Saul kept the wiretap on Brody off the books. Estes didn't even know about that shyt until Brody told him.

So Saul and his little team could hold onto that for a couple eps like "what should we do with this?".

Saul is a good man but he's also a realist, he didn't turn in Estes over that drone attack shyt last season, because he knew the political fall out would be catastrophic.

I don't see any way Saul could let enough people know he has the video, that word would get back to Brody and he'd kill him. I mean....if he let that many people know, killing him wouldn't solve anything. I don't even know why Brody would be the one to do it anyway....hopefully the preview for next week's ep is misdirection, because why would Abu Nazir have Brody out killing witnesses if he's a congressman? Tom was kinda understandable, but Brody can't be out killing random people on some "Dexter" shyt.

Fred.

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns

5) Saul lets Carrie know what she found and they work together again to figure all this shyt out.

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
:ohhh:

Well, I don't think it's a stretch to assume something similar exists at the Pentagon

Actually, I'd be surprised if anyone was even allowed to carry a cell phone in the Pentagon. My brother-in-law works for State in DC and they aren't allowed cell phones in their building. Using one leads to immediate termination I believe.

Im more suprised that brody got international texting on lock like that , i try and hit my fam up in Africa and my texts usually lag on its way there:pachaha:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Yeah the text msg thing bothered me somewhat but this is entertainment :ehh:

But again who the hell knows in the first season Brody got
Reception in that bunker.