In Carrie we trust - Homeland Season 2 thread

Suicide King

#OldBlack
Daps
Is it an old fashioned? :myman:

:whoa: That nikka hex will hitchhike to this thread, if need be, and be on his Breaking Bad, shyt. It's too early for that argument. I'm out of here, breh. You on your own.

Homeland, Dexter, and Boardwalk Empire showed folks how its done. I guess those folks at HBO and Showtime heard all the talk, and wanted to remind folks.

They comparing Homeland to 24, but Homeland has yet to rely on action and is moving the story along with some great character development.

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
There's nothing wrong with having high standards, I just want to find out what shows these nikkas are watching, then use their same nitpicky nature to dissect the show and find every flaw about it and see how they respond.

You got dudes watching shows about meth dealing chemistry teachers, serial killer blood spatter analysts, gladiator rebellions, zombie apocalypses, pawgs with dragons, prohibition bootlegging simps, biker gangs, etc, but y'all wanna criticize this show for alleged "plot holes" and lack of realism? :dahell:
'
:gladbron: I need to get in on this, can you indulge my curiosity breh? :skip:

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
mysmilie_62.gif

Betty Draper? Be serious, my dude. She has not done one thing on this show that is annoying or :snoop:.

Mad Men really has no flaws, Mad Men is part of the Holy Trinity with The Sopranos & The Wire. I can watch any random episode and be joyous, very high replay value.
Now there's an interesting thread :smugdraper:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:dahell:
Khaleesi.jpeg

I don't stan any show, but :damn: shorty can sit my iron throne any day, brehs.

My favorite show on TV is still Mad Men, but I defend this show because I've yet to see genuine criticisms that hold weight concerning this season. There was no way to maintain the dynamics from season one to this season. You guys complained about Carrie being in the CIA still. Without that we're watching her teaching ESL classes and Brody in Congress until Nazir contacts him. Just like every other show on TV, there are certain characters that define their series. Whether it be Carrie and Brody, Walt and Jessie, Dexter, Spartacus, Rick and Carl, Nucky, etc. The relationship between Carrie and Brody is still compelling to me. I agree that season 1 was better than this season, but really what great show can't we say that about? The first season of any great show is usually always the best for a while. It's new and doesn't have to live up to anything. The quality of the writing is the same, it's just that the plot has changed. The dynamics between characters has changed. I'm still rooting for Carrie and Brody, just in different ways. This show still has an Emmy award winning scene every episode basically. It's not a perfect show, such a thing doesn't exist. I've talked about the flaws. But I just can't sit here and take dudes seriously when they try and say the show is falling off cause the CIA uses Skype, they didn't track a helicopter, or hating a secondary character . There's not a TV show on right now that doesn't have a character we hate. Skylar, Margret Schroeder, Betty Draper, etc.

:whoa::whoa::whoa:

I'm only on season 5 of Dexter, breh :damn:

I don't know anything about any of that. The two main arguments I see going on are "is this season less realistic?" and "is this show turning into 24?". I've seen the creators of this show admit to both, so these particular arguments should be over.

Fred.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Thought this would fit here. New show from Homeland and Prisoner of War creators called Tyrant coming to FX.
Last fall, Howard Gordon and Gideon Raff took home the Emmy Award for Best Drama for the first season of “Homeland;” which has gone on to have a strong second season on Showtime. And the duo already has their next project together lined up.
According to Deadline, FX has ordeed a pilot for “Tyrant,” the new potential TV series from Gordon and Raff. Initially described as a “Reverse ‘Homeland,’” “Tyrant” will follow “an unassuming American family drawn into the workings of a turbulent Middle Eastern nation.”

The concept of “Tyrant” was originated by Raff, who created the Israeli series “Prisoners of War;” which became the basis for “Homeland.” Gordon and Craig Wright (“Six Feet Under”) developed “Tyrant” with Raff writing the pilot script. Wright will serve as the showrunner if “Tyrant” is picked up to series.
FX Executive Vice President Nick Grad praised the project and said “It’s pretty amazing when you read a script and can instantly imagine it becoming one of the best shows on television.”

It’s been an unusually busy development cycle for FX, with pilot commitments for “The Strain” and “The Bridge” in addition to an adaptation of “Fargo” that is also being worked on as a potential TV series.

Reverse Homeland :ohhh:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Thought this would fit here. New show from Homeland and Prisoner of War creators called Tyrant coming to FX.

Reverse Homeland :ohhh:

I seen that yesterday but forgot to post it like a dumb ass. :snoop:

Gideon Raff is good money in my book.

EDIT:

"The Strain" is going to be :ohhh: too. Vampire horror series by Guillermo del Toro.

Fred.

bigmac

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
South London
They completely threw the Tom Walker story arc in the bushes. They had nikkas going at Brodys head over that for the first four episodes, then they sit Mike down and say leave it out and the whole thing is forgotten?

:why:

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
Tottally forgot, yeah I know GoT :myman: we need an appreciation thread for kalisi:steviej:

it's well overdue and with the new cast additions we in for some :steviej::shaq::cacsosa66:this winter breh, she had too many clothes on last season ::beli::upsetfavre:

Edit while google searching some mmmmmm images I ran upon this
Emilia+Clarke+Seth+MacFarlane+Emilia+Clarke+Mz2asPCekNSl.jpg
:snoop:

:damn: apparently she dating that cac from family guy wtf I though he was a fruit