In Carrie we trust - Homeland Season 2 thread

Savior

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
I still like this show, but after these past few episodes it dropped out of top-tier caliber for me :yeshrug:

I feel the same way...not to say the show's bad now. It's still top 3 show on TV. But it dropped down from GOAT candidate to just another good show. Season 1 to me was as good as any season of a TV show ever. So maybe the standards were just too high. But now I really can't put it too far above 24...which is still a top 10 show for me just not near the top. Shiet I'm rambling now I'll just leave it at that. The season finale might still change my mind on the whole thing depending where they go with it.

SoulController

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Almighty Garden State
do they call you Saul the Bear?

i sure as fukk hope not :smugbiden:

Saul gettin fed up, Estes gonna take him out im afraid. its true that this season had a couple slips, but its still top rank to me. i think they'll turn it up on this finale heading into season 3

Suicide King

#OldBlack
Daps
QUOTE=obarth;2497762]There's nothing wrong with having high standards, I just want to find out what shows these nikkas are watching, then use their same nitpicky nature to dissect the show and find every flaw about it and see how they respond.

You got dudes watching shows about meth dealing chemistry teachers, serial killer blood spatter analysts, gladiator rebellions, zombie apocalypses, pawgs with dragons, prohibition bootlegging simps, biker gangs, etc, but y'all wanna criticize this show for alleged "plot holes" and lack of realism? :dahell:[/QUOTE]

According to these guys tastes, you would think the world only created 3 top tier shows. I just don't get it, maybe one day I will.

do they call you Saul the Bear?

i sure as fukk hope not :smugbiden:

Saul gettin fed up, Estes gonna take him out im afraid. its true that this season had a couple slips, but its still top rank to me. i think they'll turn it up on this finale heading into season 3

They never turned it down. This show is a lot of things to a lot of people, but at the end of the day its a show about Brody, the CIA and terrorists. This is most likely how the show will end. They did a pretty good job. Not sure why people feel that this show is lacking something because it is not a top 5.

Carl Spackler

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Augusta National
The major positives of the first season have been missed in the second. The first season was so brilliantly written and planned out that you were rooting for both sides at the same time. There was no good or evil, both sides had just causes.

Carrie is an smart and gritty American hero, and will stop at nothing in defending her country. Her flaws as a human being only made her better at her job. She was written to be a likable character with warts, and obviously on the viewers side.

They made Brody to be a likeable terrorist. It was understood that he wanted and planned on killing Americans, but because of his likability and reasoning, it was understandable. But just like any heel turned hero, his sanity got the better of him and he bytched out.

Both characters had their flaws, but the viewer was rooting for both to succeed. That is what made the first season so compelling. This season has just been... what? They find out Brody was a terrorist. We find out the CIA can't track a helicopter. We find out that they didn't bug Brody's phone so him and Abu Nazir can facetime like school girls. Dana hit a Mexican lady with a car and ruins every scene she is in. Saul the Bear being everyone's favorite character because of his logic and reasoning, yet continues to trust Carrie.

So the big revelation this season is that the Government know Brody is a terrorist and wants him dead... ok. Abu Nazir is in America... we got him. There is a mole inside of the CIA... sure. But where are the rooting interests of the viewer? I find myself hating everyone instead of wanting someone to succeed. fukk it, I wanted Abu Nazir to succeed, just blow up everyone and start it again with a new autistic blond haired chick who makes sad faces on a whim.

Season One was one of the greatest and most complex seasons of television I've ever seen. Season two is written like fan fiction based on the first.

I'm still watching though :smugdraper:

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
The major positives of the first season have been missed in the second. The first season was so brilliantly written and planned out that you were rooting for both sides at the same time. There was no good or evil, both sides had just causes.

Carrie is an smart and gritty American hero, and will stop at nothing in defending her country. Her flaws as a human being only made her better at her job. She was written to be a likable character with warts, and obviously on the viewers side.

They made Brody to be a likeable terrorist. It was understood that he wanted and planned on killing Americans, but because of his likability and reasoning, it was understandable. But just like any heel turned hero, his sanity got the better of him and he bytched out.

Both characters had their flaws, but the viewer was rooting for both to succeed. That is what made the first season so compelling. This season has just been... what? They find out Brody was a terrorist. We find out the CIA can't track a helicopter. We find out that they didn't bug Brody's phone so him and Abu Nazir can facetime like school girls. Dana hit a Mexican lady with a car and ruins every scene she is in. Saul the Bear being everyone's favorite character because of his logic and reasoning, yet continues to trust Carrie.

So the big revelation this season is that the Government know Brody is a terrorist and wants him dead... ok. Abu Nazir is in America... we got him. There is a mole inside of the CIA... sure. But where are the rooting interests of the viewer? I find myself hating everyone instead of wanting someone to succeed. fukk it, I wanted Abu Nazir to succeed, just blow up everyone and start it again with a new autistic blond haired chick who makes sad faces on a whim.

Season One was one of the greatest and most complex seasons of television I've ever seen. Season two is written like fan fiction based on the first.

I'm still watching though :smugdraper:
:obamatu:

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
There's nothing wrong with having high standards, I just want to find out what shows these nikkas are watching, then use their same nitpicky nature to dissect the show and find every flaw about it and see how they respond.

You got dudes watching shows about meth dealing chemistry teachers, serial killer blood spatter analysts, gladiator rebellions, zombie apocalypses, pawgs with dragons, prohibition bootlegging simps, biker gangs, etc, but y'all wanna criticize this show for alleged "plot holes" and lack of realism? :dahell:

:merchant:
r7i26.png

Dana just makes me so angry brehs :sheed: that lifestyle change did really ruined her, but this show is still piff. the suspense :whew:
i'm gonna have to stop :smoker: before the show

ThePsydeFX

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Watch out for the big spoilers that people are posting on other sites.

Read them and they left me like :ooh:. Should be a good finale.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
A few things....

1. First off, season 2 is far less realistic than season 1. Before people argue with me, Howard Gordon the co-creator of the series admitted that they focused less on realism in season 2 and hopefully fans would forgive them as long as they were entertained.

2. The show is getting kinda "24"-ish. Again, before people say :whoa: "Fred, what the fukk?" Alex Gansa (another co-creator) admitted that certain shyt like the tailor shop ambush was "a bit too much like 24".

3. Neither of these things bother me, but I see people complaining about them and they are valid complaints. Those people ain't crazy or just looking to nitpick the show to death.

4. There is some shyt that does bother me:

Dana was a decent likeable character in season 1, in season 2 she's a WOAT contender. Basically for no reason. I was hoping Brody would choke slam her into the spilt milk in that one scene.

Abu Nazir turning into a random terrorist goon. Not feeling that shyt at all, but that's personal preference. If they introduce a new "big bad" ok cool, but again, that's "24" territory.

Carrie. She's getting so crazy I can't even relate to her as the protagonist. She's just wilding the fukk out in half the scenes she's in. And that Galvez shyt was crazy foul. And Quinn was like :ohhh: "he is a Muslim" like she broke the whole case wide open.

Brody. I'm gonna reserve judgement on him until I see how the finale plays out. But I don't see how they can stretch him out into another season. Hopefully they'll surprise me.

5. None of these things are deal breakers, the show is still entertaining. I just prefer it being a slower paced psychological thriller like season 1, but :manny: that shyt seems over now.

Even if the show falls off horrifically I'd still browse the thread for Obarth's write-up. Also "PAWGs with Dragons" would be the GOAT show.

Fred.

muzikfrk75

Daps
Reppin
There's nothing wrong with having high standards, I just want to find out what shows these nikkas are watching, then use their same nitpicky nature to dissect the show and find every flaw about it and see how they respond.

You got dudes watching shows about meth dealing chemistry teachers, serial killer blood spatter analysts, gladiator rebellions, zombie apocalypses, pawgs with dragons, prohibition bootlegging simps, biker gangs, etc, but y'all wanna criticize this show for alleged "plot holes" and lack of realism? :dahell:

Breh

When Dexter turned Hannah into the police I was :what: she knows that Dex is a serial killer, right?

I'll be watching the finale tho :mjpls:

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
A few things....

1. First off, season 2 is far less realistic than season 1. Before people argue with me, Howard Gordon the co-creator of the series admitted that they focused less on realism in season 2 and hopefully fans would forgive them as long as they were entertained.

2. The show is is getting kinda "24"-ish. Again, before people say :whoa: "Fred, what the fukk?" Alex Gansa (another co-creator) admitted that certain shyt like the tailor shop ambush was "a bit too much like 24".

3. Neither of these things bother me, but I see people complaining about them and they are valid complaints. Those people ain't crazy or just looking to nitpick the show to death.

4. There is some shyt that does bother me:

Dana was a decent likeable character in season 1, in season 2 she's a WOAT contender. Basically for no reason. I was hoping Brody would choke slam her into the spilt milk in that one scene.

Abu Nazir turning into a random terrorist goon. Not feeling that shyt at all, but that's personal preference. If they introduce a new "big bad" ok cool, but again, that's "24" territory.

Carrie. She's getting so crazy I can't even relate to her as the protagonist. She's just wilding the fukk out in half the scenes she's in. And that Galvez shyt was crazy foul. And Quinn was like :ohhh: "he is a Muslim" like she broke the whole case wide open.

Brody. I'm gonna reserve judgement on him until I see how the finale plays out. But I don't see how they can stretch him out into another season. Hopefully they'll surprise me.

5. None of these things are deal breakers, the show is still entertaining. I just prefer it being a slower paced psychological thriller like season 1, but :manny: that shyt seems over now.

Even if the show falls off horrifically I'd still browse the thr ead for Obarth's write-up. Also "PAWGs with Dragons" would be the GOAT show.

Fred.
No one said anything wrong about this show having 24 influences because the creators wrote on that show too. The problem is when people try to make everything that this show is about into some compare and contrasts between 24. This show was never really realistic plot wise and it was never about the plot. It's about the psyche of two people on opposite sides and how their decisions and personalities attract each other.

So the biggest problem with this season is that the plot has been more of a focus than the characters so it's thrown alot of people off. The pacing also has taken the show through many changes each episode.

Season 1's plot points woulda been nitpicked to hell too if it wasn't so original but thanks to this new found popularity and awards it's under a microscope. That's fine but it's not even close to falling off it just seems like the writers wanted to wrap up this part of the story so they sped the plot up a bit.

I'm not writing this show off at all, it's still too tense and leaves me :whew:every week. Plus I learned my lesson with The Wire after the docks.