In Carrie we trust - Homeland Season 2 thread

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
No one said anything wrong about this show having 24 influences because the creators wrote on that show too. The problem is when people try to make everything that this show is about into some compare and contrasts between 24. This show was never really realistic plot wise and it was never about the plot. It's about the psyche of two people on opposite sides and how their decisions and personalities attract each other.

So the biggest problem with this season is that the plot has been more of a focus than the characters so it's thrown alot of people off. The pacing also has taken the show through many changes each episode.

Season 1's plot points woulda been nitpicked to hell too if it wasn't so original but thanks to this new found popularity and awards it's under a microscope. That's fine but it's not even close to falling off it just seems like the writers wanted to wrap up this part of the story so they sped the plot up a bit.

I'm not writing this show off at all, it's still too tense and leaves me :whew:every week. Plus I learned my lesson with The Wire after the docks.

Season 1 being unrealistic doesn't change the fact that season 2 is even less realistic than that. Again, this doesn't bother me, but there is an obvious difference and some people don't like it. I will reserve judgement until the finale, since that's what the writers said to do.

And season 1 was original because it was based on an Israeli series called "Hatufim" by Gideon Raff. So season 2 is what "Homeland" will be from now on, because this is the first time Howard Gordon, Alex Gansa and Chip Johannessen (all from "24") have had to come up with their own ideas.

Fred.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Season 1 being unrealistic doesn't change the fact that season 2 is even less realistic than that. Again, this doesn't bother me, but there is an obvious difference and some people don't like it. I will reserve judgement until the finale, since that's what the writers said to do.

And season 1 was original because it was based on an Israeli series called "Hatufim" by Gideon Raff. So season 2 is what "Homeland" will be from now on, because this is the first time Howard Gordon, Alex Gansa and Chip Johannessen (all from "24") have had to come up with their own ideas.

Fred.
Prisoners of War has no influence on the Carrie/Brody aspect of the show which is the main draw and got each recognized as great actors when they are on screen together. Personally, they carry this show for me. Anything else is just icing on the cake.

But I don't think the finale is gonna change anything, just more plot twist and a possible cliffhanger. But we'll see :ehh:

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
i never watched 24 so i cant say if Homeland has turned "24ish" but its definitely a different show now

Season 1 was more of a character driven drama/thriller and 2 is more action/thriller

im hoping that this season is a dream and Carrie wakes up like dude said cause im really not feeling the direction they are going

If Brody is still alive after the finale all will be forgiven tho :manny:

WOLF2007

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dahell: nikka, I'm just trying to compose myself after I seen that bytch Dana turn off Chris' video game. You know how high da gawd's kill/death ratio is on Kuma War? He was on a kill streak too. I thought my nikka was gonna spaz on shorty right there. I heard of lactose intolerance, but this bytch Dana was intolerant at the lack of lactose. :skip: Ever since da gawd Finn deaded her she's been on that downward spiral. Tryna convince herself that Magic Mike's trash eggs benedict is part of a balanced breakfast. :childplease: Walt Jr. would spit in that nikka Mike's face if he came with that weak ass breakfast.

Carrie had the ill catfish eyes this episode. We got crazy Carrie back brehs :ahh: She thought she was gonna be slick grilling Roya. Baby girl hit her with that :stopitslime: She cut from a different cloth. And Carrie was gona really go at my nikka Galvez like that?:aicmon: Granted dude was bullshytting about his stitche popping and was just headed to his favorite bust down's house, but don't question my nikka's loyalty. Dude took that bullet like a G. Plus his bust down makes the best arroz con polo in DC.

This nikka Estes getting froggy just cause he fixed his hairline on some Jamie Foxx shyt. :shaq2: He really tryna go at Saul da Bear? He smarter than the average bear nikka. Keep playing and he'll push that hairline back like a Rozay album. :rozay: My nikka Abu Nazir had a nice little set up in that crevice he was chilling in tho. He shoulda hit up Chris for one of them flat screens to really complete that man cave doe. :wow:

Yo My favorite thing to do after the show is to come in here and read your review.. Pure Piff

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
31733702.jpg

@obarth

Last edited by a moderator:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Even if the show falls off horrifically I'd still browse the thread for Obarth's write-up. Also "PAWGs with Dragons" would be the GOAT show.

Fred.

Araña;2508054 said:

:dahell:
Khaleesi.jpeg

I don't stan any show, but :damn: shorty can sit my iron throne any day, brehs.

My favorite show on TV is still Mad Men, but I defend this show because I've yet to see genuine criticisms that hold weight concerning this season. There was no way to maintain the dynamics from season one to this season. You guys complained about Carrie being in the CIA still. Without that we're watching her teaching ESL classes and Brody in Congress until Nazir contacts him. Just like every other show on TV, there are certain characters that define their series. Whether it be Carrie and Brody, Walt and Jessie, Dexter, Spartacus, Rick and Carl, Nucky, etc. The relationship between Carrie and Brody is still compelling to me. I agree that season 1 was better than this season, but really what great show can't we say that about? The first season of any great show is usually always the best for a while. It's new and doesn't have to live up to anything. The quality of the writing is the same, it's just that the plot has changed. The dynamics between characters has changed. I'm still rooting for Carrie and Brody, just in different ways. This show still has an Emmy award winning scene every episode basically. It's not a perfect show, such a thing doesn't exist. I've talked about the flaws. But I just can't sit here and take dudes seriously when they try and say the show is falling off cause the CIA uses Skype, they didn't track a helicopter, or hating a secondary character. There's not a TV show on right now that doesn't have a character we hate. Skylar, Margret Schroeder, Betty Draper, etc.
Breh

When Dexter turned Hannah into the police I was :what: she knows that Dex is a serial killer, right?

I'll be watching the finale tho :mjpls:

:whoa::whoa::whoa:

I'm only on season 5 of Dexter, breh :damn:

Suicide King

#OldBlack
Daps
There's not a TV show on right now that doesn't have a character we hate. Skylar, Margret Schroeder, Betty Draper, etc.

mysmilie_62.gif

Betty Draper? Be serious, my dude. She has not done one thing on this show that is annoying or :snoop:.

Mad Men really has no flaws, Mad Men is part of the Holy Trinity with The Sopranos & The Wire. I can watch any random episode and be joyous, very high replay value.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
mysmilie_62.gif

Betty Draper? Be serious, my dude. She has not done one thing on this show that is annoying or :snoop:.

Mad Men really has no flaws, Mad Men is part of the Holy Trinity with The Sopranos & The Wire. I can watch any random episode and be joyous, very high replay value.

My nikka, I was trying to be objective. I know that nikka @hexagram23 will come in here on his vespa, quick fast like Ramadan and accuse me of showing favoritism to the gawd show, so I threw a character under the bus. :youngsabo:

But to be honest, cats were low key complaining about her before the boss Don kicked her to the curb. :smugdraper:

I thought I was the only one who had Mad Men in the holy trinity tho. :wow:

WHolla09

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
With Abu Nazir dead, what's the point in keeping Brody and Carrie around. I think they should both be killed off. It's not like Carrie is going to be let back in the CIA. She was only around for Brody. I hope it's not going to be a new 24 with Quinn as the new Jack Bauer or something. The show was great the first season. It was good in the second season. I have low hopes for the third season.

Suicide King

#OldBlack
Daps

My nikka, I was trying to be objective. I know that nikka @hexagram23 will come in here on his vespa, quick fast like Ramadan and accuse me of showing favoritism to the gawd show, so I threw a character under the bus. :youngsabo:

But to be honest, cats were low key complaining about her before the boss Don kicked her to the curb. :smugdraper:

I thought I was the only one who had Mad Men in the holy trinity tho. :wow:

As I prepare a drink, glare and think on the gawd show, I realized there is no annoying characters. I reject your deposit.

The vespa will run out gas, no other show has come close to making an argument to be included in the Holy Trinity.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
As I prepare a drink, glare and think on the gawd show, I realized there is no annoying characters. I reject your deposit.

The vespa will run out gas, no other show has come quite close to the big 3.

Is it an old fashioned? :myman:

:whoa: That nikka hex will hitchhike to this thread, if need be, and be on his Breaking Bad, shyt. It's too early for that argument. I'm out of here, breh. You on your own.