in all honesty, Dwyane Wade is still the best SG in the league

Goatpoacher

Superstar
Daps
:stopitslime:

they're tied up and Kobe has outplayed Wade considerably.

:

Considerably? I suppose for people with low expectations that gap seems considerable. You apparently see nothing wrong with including wade's rookie season as well, which is curious.

If you actually watched the game, you would realize two things:

1. KObe can't guard wade AT ALL
2. Wade can guard kobe, except on some occasions.

But when you look at thing selectively, what does it matter?

Goatpoacher

Superstar
Daps
No theoreticals? Okay, Kobe won back to back with Pau, Wade didn't win shyt with the best player in the world (Lebron) and Bosh. That actually happened. Oh and Kobe won WITHOUT Shaq.........twice.:shaq:

Anyway,Malone was 39, Payton 35, and the Pistons were better than LA. In 2006 it wasn't the same Pistons. If Shaq deteriorated (like you said) after 2 seasons, so did the Pistons :shaq:

WTF does this have to do with losing to the Mavs with a prime Lebron and
prime Bosh? Nothing. What does this have to do with NOW? Nothing. Give a 33 year old,16 season Kobe, Lebron and Bosh, he would be working on another back to back.

1. SO kobe lost with SHAQ in 2004, when he was still dominating. Wade won with SHaq in 2006, when shaq was dropping off.

2. SHaq deteriorated because he was OLD. You are saying the pistons deteriorated for what reason?

Myth

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Daps
so since the heat have two players that are apparently better than kobe I guess we can say that they are stacked?

Wade wasn't better than Kobe this year and outside of the Big 3 they have some of the most pitiful role players to ever grace the planet. Big contract to Mike Miller when he's injury prone and slowing down. MLE to Battier on his last legs. Haslem I thought at the time was a good signing, but lately has been pretty horrible.

YBE

Banned
Daps
Considerably? I suppose for people with low expectations that gap seems considerable. You apparently see nothing wrong with including wade's rookie season as well, which is curious.

If you actually watched the game, you would realize two things:

1. KObe can't guard wade AT ALL
2. Wade can guard kobe, except on some occasions.

But when you look at thing selectively, what does it matter?

:birdman:

two minutes ago, you was all cool with looking at them head to head.

:rudy:

Goatpoacher

Superstar
Daps
:birdman:

two minutes ago, you was all cool with looking at them head to head.

:rudy:

I never said you should not. IN statistics, you often discard aberrations if there is good reason to do so. If you don't see anything wrong with including wade's rookie season at the time kobe was in his prime, then you apparently don't know how statistics work.

Goatpoacher

Superstar
Daps
To close another line of bullshyt arguments: Kobe would not have won against the Mavs with Lebron and Bosh.

Kobe v mavs last year
game 1 – 36 points, 5 reb, 0 assits, 14-29 from the field
Game 2 - 23 points, 0 reb, 3 assists, 9 – 20 from the field
Game 3 - 17 points, 4, 6, 8-16 from the field
Game 4 – 17 points, 3, 1, 7-18 from the field

Wade v. Mavericks

Averaged 26.5, 7, 5.2

So the argument is that you plug in kobe’s worse numbers instead of wades, and the mavericks would have lost? Or are we supposed to assume that KObe's less selfish than wade and would have used his teammates better?

GTFOH KObe sucked vs. the mavs. Lebron sucked vs. the mavs. Wade is the only one that did any damage.

And Brandon Roy's one knee.

Daps
Reppin
SoFla
A healthy Wade is a top 3 player in the league.

A healthy Kobe is barely cracking the top 10.

He's an inefficient chucker at this point in his career and has been for a while. Kobe isn't a good passer, an average perimeter defender both on and off the ball at this stage, not a spectacular rebounder, can't facilitate the offense, has horrible shot selextion, etc.

So what part of Kobe's game right now is elite aside from making difficult shots at a 42% clip?

What makes Kobe a better player as of right now then the defensively motivated Melo we saw at the end of the season?

FukyourFort

All Star
Daps
what I find interesting is kobe being compared to the best players in the world (bron, durant, wade ect) in his 16th(I think) season. that's not bad at all. who else has had these expectations this late in their career? im actually asking cause I don't know

YBE

Banned
Daps
I can't fukking wait to see Wade in his 16th season :beli:

HiphopRelated

In Broad Daylight
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My brother's keeper
Kobe-Bryant-Game-Winner_crop_650x440.png

kobelol.png
"luckiest shot of my life"

GUess he should have saved it for the playoffs

Enjoy never seeing the WCFs again Kobe

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
"luckiest shot of my life"

GUess he should have saved it for the playoffs

Enjoy never seeing the WCFs again Kobe

You would post some bitter shyt like this. I can't believe this stupid ass conversation is still going on honestly. We're comparing Kobe's numbers against the Mavs last year on one knee to a healthy Wade who had LeBron and Bosh thus freeing him up to do whatever he wanted? Is this what we're doing?

We're comparing Kobe to a rookie Wade? This is what we're doing?

If Brooklyn, bk and these mods don't do something about these aliases then this forum will suck in about 4 or 5 months. I'm not saying don't have them, but let's be realistic. Somebody was bored and wanted to start a flamewar and you all bought in.