in all honesty, Dwyane Wade is still the best SG in the league

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He wasn't wrong when he said Wade never won a scoring title? :wtf:

On that part he's wrong, but not when saying Wade has never been the offensive force that Kobe has been.

Also you focusing too much on shot attempts. There's a reason the all time leading scorer list is identical to the all time leaders is FGA. Kobe has been in the league more years than MJ but he's still way behind him in FGA.

The issue with Kobe isn't the volume of shots, it's his shot selection.

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
C0etU.png

Bilz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
On that part he's wrong, but not when saying Wade has never been the offensive force that Kobe has been.

Also you focusing too much on shot attempts. There's a reason the all time leading scorer list is identical to the all time leaders is FGA. Kobe has been in the league more years than MJ but he's still way behind him in FGA.

So do you rank the all time leading scorers by the number of points they have scored? Or do you use other measures along with that?

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So do you rank the all time leading scorers by the number of points they have scored? Or do you use other measures along with that?

The All time leader scorers are who they are, there's nothing to debate there.

Now if we're talking about who are the greatest scorers that's a different argument. FG percentage should definitely be taken into consideration, but so should certain scoring feats.

The thing about Wade is he's never had one of those once a generation scoring barrages that we saw from Kobe, MJ, and Wilt. Those three are in a category all on their own.

Another thing that should be noted is that some of Kobe's more impressive scoring feats came with him shooting a good percentage from the field.

When he outscored Dallas by himself in 3 quarters he shot 58%.

When he dropped 67 on Portland he shot 59%

The 61 He scored in the garden happened on a night where he shot 61%

The night he scored 81 dude shot 60% from the field.

So like I said it's not just a matter of him chucking up a bunch of shots to get points. What fukks Kobe up is that he'll have an off shooting night and instead of just picking his spots better or setting up his teammates, he tries to shoot his way out of slumps.

YBE

Banned
Daps

Now if we're talking about who are the greatest scorers that's a different argument. FG percentage should definitely be taken into consideration, but so should certain scoring feats.

The thing about Wade is he's never had one of those once a generation scoring barrages that we saw from Kobe, MJ, and Wilt. Those three are in a category all on their own.

Another thing that should be noted is that some of Kobe's more impressive scoring feats came with him shooting a good percentage from the field.

So like I said it's not just a matter of him chucking up a bunch of shots to get points. What fukks Kobe up is that he'll have an off shooting night and instead of just picking his spots better or setting up his teammates, he tries to shoot his way out of slumps.

:ohhh: i never knew he was that efficient in those games

:russ: nikka was playin on rookie out there

YBE

Banned
Daps
You really want to be objective? Show me a season where Kobe has scored with Wade-like efficiency.

Wade has not produced a 35 point per game season or games of 60 and 80 points because he simply does not choose to play that way. Even when Wade had terrible rosters and many of the Kobestans even said he should be playing Kobeball, he still often functioned like a point guard and punished opposing teams for focusing on him and leaving other guys open. Kobe isn't that player. He takes that defense as a personal challenge and tries to win by himself.

Players like Wade and LeBron have always scored much more efficiently than Kobe. Common sense says that if you simply give them more shot attempts, they'll also get more points. Those additional points may come at a lower efficiency level but the fact remains that simply taking more shot attempts than another player doesn't mean you're a better scorer.

:beli: which is it?

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
smh Wade has been and will always be 2nd to Kobe at everything in the NBA, thats just the way it will always be, so nah Wade is still 2nd, which ain't a bad thing, but it has and will always be Kobe>Wade, no question. Even the coaches in the NBA know its Kobe>Wade. Ask your casual and most hardcore NBA fans know its Kobe>Wade. Wade is that dude and is dope, but he will always be second to Bryant, which ain't a bad thing. And now he's the best? Wasn't the dude just :flabbynsick: back in game 3 and was going to be known as Tracy McWade? lol He has had a really good string of games to close out the Pacers and has looked unstoppable, but comparing Wade to Kobe? :childplease:
Wade is that dude, but sh!t, its like comparing :childplease: to :jawalrus:

RedBull

All Star
Daps
Reppin
On KRS One's nose, eating sunflower seeds.
You really want to be objective? Show me a season where Kobe has scored with Wade-like efficiency.

Wade has not produced a 35 point per game season or games of 60 and 80 points because he simply does not choose to play that way. Even when Wade had terrible rosters and many of the Kobestans even said he should be playing Kobeball, he still often functioned like a point guard and punished opposing teams for focusing on him and leaving other guys open. Kobe isn't that player. He takes that defense as a personal challenge and tries to win by himself.

Players like Wade and LeBron have always scored much more efficiently than Kobe. Common sense says that if you simply give them more shot attempts, they'll also get more points. Those additional points may come at a lower efficiency level but the fact remains that simply taking more shot attempts than another player doesn't mean you're a better scorer.

The debate ISN'T about WHO THE MOST EFFICIENT SCORER, that's something that you threw in the for some unknown reason, it doesn't have anything to do with the convo. I guess you put it there to derail the thread's topic, which is about Wade being the BEST shooting guard in the league. I feel that Wade isn't better than Kobe regardless of how efficient he is or has been. When Wade says,"Kobe has mastered the game of basketball" I don't think he cared about efficiency, he cared about results, which Kobe has an advantage over Wade in. Also :rudy: @ your common sense example. Common sense tells you that Kobe was better this year and throughout his career as a WHOLE.

RedBull

All Star
Daps
Reppin
On KRS One's nose, eating sunflower seeds.

Correct.

Bilz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
The debate ISN'T about WHO THE MOST EFFICIENT SCORER, that's something that you threw in the for some unknown reason, it doesn't have anything to do with the convo. I guess you put it there to derail the thread's topic, which is about Wade being the BEST shooting guard in the league. I feel that Wade isn't better than Kobe regardless of how efficient he is or has been. When Wade says,"Kobe has mastered the game of basketball" I don't think he cared about efficiency, he cared about results, which Kobe has an advantage over Wade in. Also :rudy: @ your common sense example. Common sense tells you that Kobe was better this year and throughout his career as a WHOLE.

Well the debate took that turn when people claimed that Kobe is the best because of scoring outbursts he went on 5-6 years ago when he took a ridiculous number of shots per game. It's not that Kobe is the only player in the league capable of taking 40 shots in a game, he was just the only one actually doing it. Kobe has played great games in which he personally only scored 30 or so points, you realize that right?

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium

:damn:

:childplease:@Wade 55 point career high

IGSaint12

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Goddamnyamankobe I did not know kobe was so efficient in those all time high scoring games.

81 points on 60% shooting wow...