IMDB to shut down its Message Boards

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I found myself missing the boards last week. I posted a lot when I signed up back in 03/maybe 04, but I found a lot more interesting forums so my posts there became more infrequent as time went on, but I'd go check out something if it interested me. I think my last post was back in Nov of last year. It was always cool to check out, but man, did they have some random ass threads sometimes (as I've already stated in this thread) but there were also some good discussions going on as well.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
people are underestimating how useful the imdb boards were. there's no place to basically talk about half the movies ever made now. i watched Little Big League the other night... say i wanted to just make an observational post or see if anyone else saw the same thing i did... where the fukk am i going? not making a fukkin "Little Big League" thread here in hopes of a couple replies.

The same thing for me after watching The Hudsucker Proxy the other night. I noticed something new, and have no place to discuss

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I think they will reverse this decision by next year, I'll bet their traffic is slowing down

Here's an alternative, don't know how active it is, but they took IMDB boards swag
MovieChat.org
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :lolbron::lolbron:

And blatantly so
Has the archived threads and everything.

QONVIyz.gif

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
That's the reason they shut the boards down. Too much racism and trolling
Sadly that's how most of the internet is nowadays. Nothing but white supremacists and fukkchan type trolls.

With that being said, taking down the boards will probably heavily reduce the amount of traffic they get so they'll eventually bring the boards back.

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
I really miss IMDB boards. I was watching Cloak & Dagger (1984), Network and Gilligan...and I wanted to discuss. :mjcry:
Are there any other sites that had boards for specific movies and TV shows (besides moviechat.org)?

Don't really like reddit. Would prefer not to make an account.

It still has the worst design that I've ever seen.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Are there any other sites that had boards for specific movies and TV shows (besides moviechat.org)?

It still has the worst design that I've ever seen.

TV.com was cool, and it's Trivia for each show was more in-depth than IMDB, but the message board was trash.

Vandelay

Life is absurd. Lean into it.
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
There was a lot of racism on the boards...the mods fukking sucked there...don't know how many times my comments got deleted when i put people in their place. I don't even go at people like that on the net but the shyt there was wild as fukk.

But with that said, they need to bring the Forums back there...with an updated format...

Lot of knowledgeable people there, good discussion and perspectives when the racism and trolling didn't get out of hand.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
I think they will reverse this decision by next year, I'll bet their traffic is slowing down

Here's an alternative, don't know how active it is, but they took IMDB boards swag
MovieChat.org
:banderas:
i miss imdb boards man..the info on some of those boards regarding films etc..