IMDB to shut down its Message Boards

ADP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I still can't get over this shyt

yeah, it's probably the worst thing they could've done apart from shuting the whole site, kinda wish they would've this way I still think about hey maybe they'll reopen even with invitation/money to use account if there would be 60% percent of the before discussion id go for it...

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And when it happened, many of us said it was a dumb decision. Trolls aren't a reason to pull the plug. Now I don't go to the site at all, unless I am using IMDbpro.
Depending on which film's board you were on, trolls practically dominated most of the discussion. By the time they pulled the plug it really wasn't much of a serious film discussion site at all and much more like Youtube's comment section. I also can't imagine how the Get Out, Girl's Night, and Black Panther boards would look like right now.

They needed better and more stricter moderation. That way they could have filtered out all the dumb shyt and kept things on track. If they ever decide to bring it back, I hope that is one of the improvements they make.

QU Hectic

Superstar
Daps
I have a birthday ticket from The Alamo Drafthouse and I'm caught between seeing Good Time and Patti Cake. The IMDB birds would come in hand about now. I miss it :mjcry:

Kid Dynamite

aka The Big Bonanza aka The Ebony Prince
Supporter
Daps
I miss the IMDb boards so bad... You could talk about the most obscure shows/movies and find real detailed information. Find out if a they were going to do a remake/sequel or what happened behind the scenes, I mean anything you ever wanted to know about your favorite shyt. Find out about a cliffhanger, explain what happened in a movie or certain episode etc...

morris

Superstar
Daps
I miss the IMDb boards so bad... You could talk about the most obscure shows/movies and find real detailed information. Find out if a they were going to do a remake/sequel or what happened behind the scenes, I mean anything you ever wanted to know about your favorite shyt. Find out about a cliffhanger, explain what happened in a movie or certain episode etc...
One of my favorite parts for the boards was when obscure actors or relatives of the actors posted detailed information and sometimes even pictures, rare pictures, from their own private collection.

Kid Dynamite

aka The Big Bonanza aka The Ebony Prince
Supporter
Daps
One of my favorite parts for the boards was when obscure actors or relatives of the actors posted detailed information and sometimes even pictures, rare pictures, from their own private collection.
Exactly... I found out so much information about character actors who were always in some of my favorite movies/shows like dikk Miller (gremlins, the burbs, and tons of other shyt).... Really was a database for actors and fans.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
The number of times I wanted to go there in this past week....I really do miss it

Rewatching The 4400
The Defenders
The Count of Monte Cristo
Runaway (84 - Tome Selleck)
Speed Racer (60s cartoon)
Veronica Mars
Martin (it was the 25th anniversary)

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Such a bad decision. The trolls only really affected the newer bigger movies (Marvel/DC, etc). They should have decided a cutoff point between the new movies vs. old movies, maybe freeze anything post-2010 and left all the pre-2010 movie boards alive. I would only go there for old movies like ''Invasion of the Body Snatchers'' or the og "IT" that was on SyFy last weekend...

QU Hectic

Superstar
Daps
Such a bad decision. The trolls only really affected the newer bigger movies (Marvel/DC, etc). They should have decided a cutoff point between the new movies vs. old movies, maybe freeze anything post-2010 and left all the pre-2010 movie boards alive. I would only go there for old movies like ''Invasion of the Body Snatchers'' or the og "IT" that was on SyFy last weekend...

It wasn't cause of the DC vs Marvel trolling that made them decide to shut it down. It was the beyond excessive racism , right after trump got elected that went on over there. Mostly all black directed and produced films were being trolled with racist.