IMDB to shut down its Message Boards

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
It wasn't cause of the DC vs Marvel trolling that made them decide to shut it down. It was the beyond excessive racism , right after trump got elected that went on over there. Mostly all black directed and produced films were being trolled with racist.

all they had to do is hire moderators

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Even if they hired more moderators it would have just been a bunch of cacs who would let the racist shyt from other cacs slide anyway....kind of like what Facebook is known for.

TBH although it would have been good to discuss some of the older obscure movies, I could do without all the fukkshyt from cacs that are so overly obsessed with black people. It's bad enough they give every black movie low ratings, I don't need to read their b.s. too.

Last edited:

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I just found out that Rotten Tomatoes apparently shut their board down last year too. Yes, they had one, but it was hard to find, because the main page took the link away years ago. Apparently, it was unexpectedly. I hadn't posted there since 2014 though.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
still miss these for the simple fact that it's hard to just point out a small detail and discuss simply that. say you're watching a movie, and you just notice something dumb, you checked the imdb board and found a thread where 50 people were discussing simply that and nothing else. i guess you can find a tweet or something these days, but i feel like it's something that's kinda become lost on the internet.

that being said if it was still operational today every actor's board would just be a bunch of nazis talking about how they fukked babies or something

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
still miss these for the simple fact that it's hard to just point out a small detail and discuss simply that. say you're watching a movie, and you just notice something dumb, you checked the imdb board and found a thread where 50 people were discussing simply that and nothing else. i guess you can find a tweet or something these days, but i feel like it's something that's kinda become lost on the internet.

that being said if it was still operational today every actor's board would just be a bunch of nazis talking about how they fukked babies or something
Yup that was my main usage. After watching a movie certain little details would bug me and going to the boards was an easy way to find answers to it. What you mentioned I think is one of the big problems with it. When you have a separate board for every movie and TV show it’s hard as hell to have structured moderation. That’s where id love to know what kind of traffic those boards generated and if there was money to be made with advertising on there and just pay moderators.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Yup that was my main usage. After watching a movie certain little details would bug me and going to the boards was an easy way to find answers to it. What you mentioned I think is one of the big problems with it. When you have a separate board for every movie and TV show it’s hard as hell to have structured moderation. That’s where id love to know what kind of traffic those boards generated and if there was money to be made with advertising on there and just pay moderators.
impossible to moderate. that said i fukkin hate reddit for the fact you'll see someone post a thread and some dikk will immediately say, "uhhh, there was a thread about this 7 years ago, use the search!" like that's gonna immediately up the thread to the top and drive conversation. it's not. and god forbid you don't post something in the exact niche subreddit, you'll be crucified.

i don't post there really, but i observe that crap all the time