IMDB to shut down its Message Boards

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
impossible to moderate. that said i fukkin hate reddit for the fact you'll see someone post a thread and some dikk will immediately say, "uhhh, there was a thread about this 7 years ago, use the search!" like that's gonna immediately up the thread to the top and drive conversation. it's not. and god forbid you don't post something in the exact niche subreddit, you'll be crucified.

i don't post there really, but i observe that crap all the time
I hate both ends of it. When people trip over someone asking a direct question and people are like "this was answered in this thread way down". But on the other end when you have 20 new threads all saying the same thing. Like say if it's the Wu-Tang show and it'll be 20 threads all saying "does anybody think the Rza actor is bad" to the point half the front page is all threads on that.

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
impossible to moderate. that said i fukkin hate reddit for the fact you'll see someone post a thread and some dikk will immediately say, "uhhh, there was a thread about this 7 years ago, use the search!" like that's gonna immediately up the thread to the top and drive conversation. it's not. and god forbid you don't post something in the exact niche subreddit, you'll be crucified.

i don't post there really, but i observe that crap all the time

I get that posting in movie specific forum is different but I hate when posters here make new threads on for example Captain Marvel because they think they have a unique take on what she means for the MCU instead of posting in the biggest Captain Marvel thread.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
I get that posting in movie specific forum is different but I hate when posters here make new threads on for example Captain Marvel because they think they have a unique take on what she means for the MCU instead of posting in the biggest Captain Marvel thread.
yeah. there's no point doing it anyway b/c the thread gets upped with a reply.

Who Not How

Superstar
Daps
still miss these for the simple fact that it's hard to just point out a small detail and discuss simply that. say you're watching a movie, and you just notice something dumb, you checked the imdb board and found a thread where 50 people were discussing simply that and nothing else. i guess you can find a tweet or something these days, but i feel like it's something that's kinda become lost on the internet.

that being said if it was still operational today every actor's board would just be a bunch of nazis talking about how they fukked babies or something
It was perfect to talk about films, shows or actors you discovered that weren't that popular or mainstream. All you had to do was go on the page and find 20 people from around the world interested in what you were interested in :mjgrin: didn't have to find a forum and create a thread hoping people replied. The internet used to be dope. But yeah, everybody is canceled now or some weird MAGA posters would make everything political.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
still miss these for the simple fact that it's hard to just point out a small detail and discuss simply that. say you're watching a movie, and you just notice something dumb, you checked the imdb board and found a thread where 50 people were discussing simply that and nothing else. i guess you can find a tweet or something these days, but i feel like it's something that's kinda become lost on the internet.

that being said if it was still operational today every actor's board would just be a bunch of nazis talking about how they fukked babies or something
I’d imagine a lot of Me Too battles would be going on there.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
sometime i want to see what people think of a specific show but reddit is mad limited if its not a big show or movie. Sometimes you might find like one official thread ina /movie section