IMDB to shut down its Message Boards

Daps
Reppin
UK
place was a hive of wretched souls since these comic book wars DC/marvel Nolan/marvel etc type stuff started happening

its best they are put out of their misery tbh. I saw people flood posting there for what seemed like 48 hrs straight just because of some comic book shyt, it was desperately pathetic

Shame about the individual boards but the layout was poor and outdated anyway. I'll miss the horror board, but even that was lacking these days.

Nostalgic

Superstar
Daps
The Internet Movie Database (IMDb) is shutting down its message boards, the organisation has announced.

In a statement on its website, the IMDb said it had “concluded that IMDb’s message boards are no longer providing a positive, useful experience for the vast majority of our more than 250 million monthly users worldwide”, and that the decision was “based on data and traffic”.

More specifically, the company – which was set up in 1990 by Bristol-based IT worker Col Needham and later sold to Amazon – said that a shift to social media had made the message boards less vital; users, they said, had “migrated to IMDb’s social media accounts as the primary place they choose to post comments and communicate with IMDb’s editors and one another”.

The message boards had long been seen by Needham as an integral part of the IMDb’s appeal. He told the Guardian in 2013: “The human brain likes to make connections. Somebody spots a connection between two things ... you want to share that knowledge. And IMDb is a good platform.”

The news comes amid increasing disquiet at the influential website’s vulnerability to malign outside influence, with one recent example cited being the blizzard of negative polling for Raoul Peck’s Oscar-nominated documentary I Am Not Your Negro.

The message boards will be permanently disabled on 20 February, following a two-week transition period.

IMDb shuts down its message boards

Daps
Reppin
Catch me in the safari zone
a6e5a20655fbf09a55262cfb3dcb41d8.jpg

We finally did it. :ohhh:

ADP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yo this homie I know Jesus is a magician bro, he turns water into wine yo

on topic: it's a strange decision to be honest there was A LOT of rubish but some gems as well

guess nas was right