Ima start wearing Replica Shoes, and i dont give a fukk

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Most of the hyped up Nikes with high resale value ($800+) are ugly as fukk and unwearable. :heh:What grown ass man is putting together a respectable fit with Chunky Dunky's or Grateful Dead SB's?:scusthov: And most regular people wearing these shoes let the shoes wear them since they mostly can't dress and wear that shyt with Walmart/Kohl's looking fits or they are clones and dress exactly like everybody else on the gram with dingy looking vintage tees and short shorts.

No one would even want these kicks if they didn't have $500-1000+ resale. Travis Scott collabs look hella plain. Most Off White Nike designs are trolling. The Off White 5's just look like extra beat 5's, both colorways. The Off White 2's look like some crumbling 20 year old shyt you would find in the thrift store.

I pay resale for Nikes, but the most I pay is ~$400. With designer kicks, I wait till they go on sale for like 50% off. The only designer kicks that don't ever go on sale are Prada's, Louis and Dior's. Gucci, Balenci's, Versace's, McQueens etc. all go on sale if you pay attention.

I haven't bought reps yet. But I do notice broke young nigs will try to crack slick and call your shyt fake when it's not because they are hating. But what the fukk I look like debating children when I'm damn near 40. :comeon:

That being said, I don't blame folks for buying reps. I predict cacs and non blacks moving on from the sneakerhead phase within the next few years... hopefully.

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
I stop giving a fukk about shoes a long time ago.

I wear mostly steel toes all day anyways :yeshrug:

True Darkseid

All Star
Daps
Reppin
SWATS, GA
the whole authentic vs replica thing always seemed lame to me...i mean i know there's the subtle differences in the look but in some cases you cant even notice unless you analyze the shyt outta it up close.

at the end of the day a sneaker a sneaker...made of the same materials and fabric and glue. so what's the real difference? the fact that the authentic is made in the next sweatshop over from the one that makes replicas? is that worth payin 5x the price? i've seen documentaries on sneakerheads that went broke because they just had to get the 'real' version. and whats that even mean anyway? is a 'fake' shoe not a shoe? same design and all...plus, dudes out here spending hundreds on authentics and then not wearing em cause they gonna get dirty :why:

idk man...if more people saw side by side video of how a 'real' shoe and a 'fake' shoe are made they'd realize how silly it is to spend so much more for the receipts. its the same chinese man making the replicas on the weekend in his spare time off-shift that made the authentics :mjlol:
this breh lays out it for yall.

37e41f61e51fd6f17b871a63e8c6bbc0.png

i mean look at this...you tellin me you know which 1 is the 'real' one?
6c3b4337a493c0ecb3388863f38e5843.png

its like that with all these real vs fake videos too

i know brehs gonna step in here and clown me...roast on brehs...im a college student tryin to stack my money instead of spend it just to say 'yeah they real'. nikkas got student debt but they'll be first in line to cop them new j's...unboxin them on the same table where you fix ya struggle plate every night :umad:

look at it this way: i'd rather a replica of a limited edition shoe than none at all. i'll straight up admit its a fake :yeshrug: call me corny but ya cant deny i look fly in these fakes tho :steviej:

this the worst that can happen to you...

but even ye said "they not real buts its ok tho :yeshrug:"

As I have gotten older, I agree. It's your wallet, and if you like the look of the shoe and don't want to pay a grip for it, I say do it.

Memorial Stadium Piru

WE BYKE BABY
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big Red
Not about fake shoes but replica shyt in general. The fake technology is so amazing nowadays you would need a super sleuth to find the difference in most things.

Example: my cousin makes beats. He produced a platinum record in 2021. He got a publishing check for $212,000. He gave his momma some bread, went to the used car lot & bought a 2015 BMW, then flew to Houston to Zo Frost and dropped $80,000 on a bust down Cuban. He brought it back to the crib, one day put it next to the King Ice Cuban he bought for $150 and realized they looked the exact same quality :dead: the only difference is that fake diamonds shine a little bit harder in the sun than the real. You would either need to have a diamond tester on you to find a fake, or you would have to know a nikkas pockets to know if he could afford a real chain.

Chad Ochocinco spoke on the latter recently, he said he wore fake ice his whole career cuz he knew the ladies would think it was real anyways lol

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
As I have gotten older, I agree. It's your wallet, and if you like the look of the shoe and don't want to pay a grip for it, I say do it.

This is my line of thought too. I'm personally against trying to buy reps just because they're trending atm though. If it's simply a design that you really like, but don't want to pay the markup fine, but buying reps just to fake the funk is kind of cheese to me.

AngryBaby

All Star
Daps
Actually there's a reddit page dedicated to sneaker replica sites that are 1:1 and use the same material. They are SERIOUS.

and reddit has a rating system for how meticulously 1:1 they actually are. Its a whole culture.

If you're in the know, and have access to 1:1 replicas, with the same materials....then its borderline stupid not to do it financially unless you're a collector or a purist. But if you just want the shoe...its the same shoe. If you get it from the right source.

Your average person has no idea where the good shyt is though and think its like wish

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Most of the hyped up Nikes with high resale value ($800+) are ugly as fukk and unwearable. :heh:What grown ass man is putting together a respectable fit with Chunky Dunky's or Grateful Dead SB's?:scusthov: And most regular people wearing these shoes let the shoes wear them since they mostly can't dress and wear that shyt with Walmart/Kohl's looking fits or they are clones and dress exactly like everybody else on the gram with dingy looking vintage tees and short shorts.

No one would even want these kicks if they didn't have $500-1000+ resale. Travis Scott collabs look hella plain. Most Off White Nike designs are trolling. The Off White 5's just look like extra beat 5's, both colorways. The Off White 2's look like some crumbling 20 year old shyt you would find in the thrift store.

I pay resale for Nikes, but the most I pay is ~$400. With designer kicks, I wait till they go on sale for like 50% off. The only designer kicks that don't ever go on sale are Prada's, Louis and Dior's. Gucci, Balenci's, Versace's, McQueens etc. all go on sale if you pay attention.

I haven't bought reps yet. But I do notice broke young nigs will try to crack slick and call your shyt fake when it's not because they are hating. But what the fukk I look like debating children when I'm damn near 40. :comeon:

That being said, I don't blame folks for buying reps. I predict cacs and non blacks moving on from the sneakerhead phase within the next few years... hopefully.
That streetwear fit is the perfect fits for Nike Sb. What you wear with your fits?

ignorethis

RIP Fresh RIP Doe RIP Phat
Daps
Actually there's a reddit page dedicated to sneaker replica sites that are 1:1 and use the same material. They are SERIOUS.

and reddit has a rating system for how meticulously 1:1 they actually are. Its a whole culture.

If you're in the know, and have access to 1:1 replicas, with the same materials....then its borderline stupid not to do it financially unless you're a collector or a purist. But if you just want the shoe...its the same shoe. If you get it from the right source.

Your average person has no idea where the good shyt is though and think its like wish
These factories are buying the authentic ones and copying every last detail down to the details that were specifically made to out the fakes (UV printing, secret embroideries, etc)

Usually the first generation of fakes will have some flaws but by time they get to V3 of the fake, it’s a perfect replica and Nike/Adidas isn’t even selling the shoe anymore so it’s not like they can change something up to throw the counterfeiters off again, even if they could you already have thousands of authentics in circulation that are identical to the V3 fakes.

Sneaker head culture is effectively dead now, some people just don’t know it yet. Anybody can get any shoe for retail price now.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
That streetwear fit is the perfect fits for Nike Sb. What you wear with your fits?
I'm talking about the Chunky Dunky and Grateful Dead Dunks specifically. And SB's, Off Whites like that. They are extra loud and ugly and are hard to pull off without looking like a grown ass Mallrat. "Hello fellow kids" ass shoes. You look dumb as hell being a grown ass man wearing them.

I used to find old SB's at the thrift VNDS for like $20 like 7-10 years ago when nobody cared about Dunks or SB's after the 2000's SB hype died. I would wear em few times and sell em for like $100-200. But this was before the sneaker game was gentrified. I found the Dooms, Send Helps, Tweeds etc. But I don't wear mainstream streetwear anymore. Mainstream streetwear has been cacified.

gonnagetit

Banned
Daps
The key guys is getting a supplier that will sell you AAAAA reps instead of AAA. The lower the A rating the worst the quality will be. I have tons of Jordans thats AAAAA and the boxing the shoes are exactly like the retail versions at the store. Theres a huge difference between AAA quality $20-25 vs AAAAA quality $50-60 from material to boxing etc. When I first started getting reps back in 2014 I knew right then what was really going on. And the crazy thing these suppliers will send you a catalog via email and it will have a list of Jordans, Nikes and high end designer shoes and apparel from LV, TF, etc and you have thousands of options you can choose from.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Once you really do your research and discover that a top replica is literally the exact same sneaker, if not sometimes HIGHER in quality than authentic, it's really hard to justify paying insane resale dollars when you can get the identical thing for 10% of that price. The vast majority of kicks in my collection are authentic, and I still go for them, but if bots eat it up and I miss out, then option B it is. Not missing out on a pair of sneakers i want because some CAC dweeb borrowed his mom's credit card and bought up the Travis Scott low inventory to resell them at 800 bucks a pop.

They be made in the same factories too. If you are purchasing as an investment, then fine. However if the goal is solely to have the look, art and feel of the shoe and actually wear it, then yeah, rock on.

Not everything has a good replica, but for all the super popular shyt like 1s, 4s, 5s, 6s, 11s, Yeezys, dunks, etc, you're good to go. Try to avoid 3's that have elephant/cement print though. They stay fukking those up, but they're getting better and this soon won't be an issue.

Just make sure you get the good stuff that is identical, or you gonna be mad. Hit up dudes like Zhang, Coco, or Mr Hou and you'll be gravy. I put my close friends and loved ones on and they all couldn't be happier - their wallets too.

Definitely copping me some Bred 11s. I want the European exclusive off white 1s too to complete my collection cuz I have the Chicago and the UNC already.

PS: Definitely don't be a dikk head and sell replicas as authentic. As much as I think it's absurd to support obscene resale prices, its their right to do so and they should receive exactly what they're paying for...

....even if they absolutely would not be able to tell the difference :pachaha:

Last edited:

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps

What’s the point of this post without dropping the Reddit page name? :dwillhuh: