Im Sorry But the LAST Thing the Black Community Needs Is Yet Another Slave Movie

Uncle Kendrick

I'm just bout that action
Daps
Reppin
Brick City
Like other posters have said I think there's a necessity for slave movies these cacs need to know why we are in the position we are in today because the history books are trying to erase our past. But at the same time we need a diverse mixture of black films. Our history doesn't start and stop at slavery. The thought of a mansa Musa film would be major for our people but has to be done right and can't be low budget.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Really there have only been like three slave movies that were nationally released.
The rest of em are made for TV movies like HBO's Amistad, or a mini series like Roots.

Tell me honestly how many slave movies you've seen in the theaters?

You got people in this thread mentioning the Butler and the color purple as if those are slave movies

Y'all just hate black movies

Ol’Otis

The Picasso of the Ghetto
Daps
Reppin
South Central Los Angeles
Really there have only been like three slave movies that were nationally released.
The rest of em are made for TV movies like HBO's Amistad, or a mini series like Roots.

You got people in this thread mentioning the Butler and the color purple as if those are slave movies

false

we don't wanna see black people getting their ass whooped
with dignity anymore

when has a butler or maid (The Help) been an integral of our history?

Ol’Otis

The Picasso of the Ghetto
Daps
Reppin
South Central Los Angeles
A Big budget Haitian Revolution film project like roots would be good. When you read the history it reads like a movie. Especially the battle of vertieres.
doesn't need to be big budget

Hollywood are well known liars and have shady accounting practices
when it comes to film budgets

we can pull off a Haitian Revolution film on a modest budget
its when we start using CGI things become costly

Edub

Veteran
Daps
Tryin to tell folks...stop watching that docile subservient black people shyt... y'all might wanna stop acknowledging black history month too...and honor it each day...

These systemic games are tired and played :russell:

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
we've absorbed so many negative thoughts and feelings of other ethnic groups that we internalize it and indirectly morphs into self hate.

This is the number one argument to be against the constant slave representation.

we learn about our slavery before anything else. And you actually don't learn shyt unless you look it up yourself or maybe take a college class on it. You are indoctrinated that there is NO history for you. That Africa was just there.

That constant message and playback of subservience, that inability to fight, the inability to see truth, unconsciously fukks with the psychological state of a group such as blacks in America.

How many blacks know about a lot of great African kingdoms like the Axum, Ashanti, Songhai, Ghana, etc? Human's earliest discovered civilizations being in Africa such as the Nok? Africa is the cradle of mankind. The first modern man and women were African. we are literally what HUMANITY is. Cacs and asians would have never existed if original Africans didn't migrate. we are the beginning and the end. How many blacks think of Africa as a sea of mudhuts and AIDS and goofy languages and people dancing with lions like many cacs do? what's a black person's concept of their history and genesis beyond the civil rights movement?

Being a slave, a servant, and going through nonviolence struggle, whatever, it's all the same thing. Blacks are never to be shown resisting or acting violently. it's always about being beaten down and just taking the beating.

Edub

Veteran
Daps
But they're only making these movies because they know what we really are:king:

:manny:

Edub

Veteran
Daps

:camby:Nah

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
I randomly had this thought out the blue last week about the psychological affects of constantly seeing ourselves as subservient, docile, and conquered. I was wondering if seeing ourselves in this position REPEATEDLY is healthy for our overall self-esteem and how we feel about ourselves.

Then I heard earlier today that a ROOTS remake is about to air. I looked it up and also came across a slave tv show called Underground. I don't watch much tv so I had no idea about these shows.

Anyways back to the subject. I am in no way saying that we should forget our history, matter fact the key to "change" IS becoming knowledgeable about our past history and learning about the tactics used to intentionally keep the black race as 2nd class citizens. Knowledge is the key.

But with that said, I'm starting to feel that constantly seeing ourselves in an INFERIOR position such as slavery is helping to keep our own self-esteem at a certain level subconsciously.

Many black people think that slavery was our beginning. They have zero knowledge of anything beforehand. We're only seeing ourselves as either being conquered/enslaved or begging for equal/fair treatment. Anyone else getn tired of that shyt??:why:

What this also does is reinforce the whole "white man is superior" concept. Along with those types of movies, the white man also portrays himself as the "ideal" man. Think about it. All the superhero characters are white. Most "successful" characters like doctors, lawyers, ect are white also. All of this combined keeps the white man as the superior race image-wise. Of course they own and dictate the media which means that they control not only their own image but ours also, which led me to thinking WHY does it seem like every year there's yet another movie about black people in chains in an inferior position under the white mans rule. :patrice:

Anybody else feel the same or similar?

The white mans position in this current world solely relies on money. This is truly the only thing that puts them in positions of power. We are not inferrior to them im fact more superior given our genetics, ancient history, and pigmentation. This is not an opinion but a widely known fact across the world. This is why they have to attempt to show us as weak. Why they must show us as savages, buffoons, porch monkeys etc, etc....its all a mental game to instill dominamce.

Other things might include the lack of access to good education..the prison industry...the police unions across America...the denial of funds to aide extremely impoverished black ran countries like Rwanda, Hatti, and Jamaica......stricter loan requirements for transportation...business...and homes...higher APRs and such.

The goal is permanently keep black people world wide down. Why? Becauae of the fear and acceptance of a black planet. Which earth is...The western hemisphere might be majority caucasoid but the rest of the world is not. They are out numbered...out voted...and out classed in a majorty of eastern hemisphere.

To combat this they play games of war and imperialism...all in efforts to extinguish growth. This is the ultimate reason we invaded Lybia, Iraq, Iran, and Syria...all countries whose goal is not attack America...but create new monetary systems that effectively cut out the US dollar. Mainly for thier prized export....oil..natural gas....

Its all a game if you think about it....they keep us dumb as to nevee allow us to gain control over thier prized possesion...America.

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
This is why I don't watch slavery movies....also because they never depict it as bad as it really was.

Make films about black inventors or black heroes throughout history....oh wait that would require a strong black male role, and we all know hollywood is adverse to showing that nowadays.