I'm sick of weaves on our women.. go natural ya'll

Olivia Pope

Banned
Daps
Reppin
City of Peace of Mind
:smh: @ the separatism (but I'll oblige :scheme:)

I have no qualms with females who rock weaves or indulge in creamy crack (whatever makes you happy). What irks me is the need for unnecessary commentary.

The most ignant statement I heard was from a female with a lopsided opossum fur looking weave :stopitslime: who stated OMG! you have a son? I know you got impregnated before you went natural, most naturals are single :wtf:

Or being told I cannot attend a social event unless I straighten my hair, FOH!

I've NEVER in my two years being natural heard a female with kinky hair throw unwarranted insults towards anyone who isn't natural, unless you feel the need to touch their hair WITHOUT permission ;)

I've mostly ran into this online and in beauty salons.....

Not saying most naturals get this way but a lot of the ones I run into do.

KnowledgeIsQueen

Duality Duel
Daps
Reppin
Brooknam
I've mostly ran into this online and in beauty salons.....

Not saying most naturals geel this way but a lot of the ones I run into do.

Most people online have a battery in their back and will hurl insults they'd never state in person :pacspit: them nappy skanks ;)

Sadly, the females and hair dressers in beauty salons (especially Dominican shops) talk crap about everyone. If they didn't, only then would I be surprised.

When I went to get a wash & set for my 31st born day, my Dominican stylist keep implying "aye mami ju hair is nappy!, ju want a relaxer?"

:childplease: B!tch you cannot even comb your hair. Sit cho platanos eating, no sock wearing ass down :hmm:

As I stated earlier, do whatever makes you happy :smile:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
It depends on what shampoo a black person is using. With a non-sulfate shampoo, or even with a conditioner you can wash often.

Any hair is "difficult" to manage when wet because the strands become weaker when in contact with water.

I'm commenting on non-straight styles used without heat. It takes me less than an hour to style (twist, or braid) my hair before bed for the next day.

If you had read my post I mentioned relaxed hair, and WEAVES while working out. Again I am not referring to straight styles with the use of heat.

Most women do not want rock a fro or dreads 24/7/365

That's the great thing about weave. Women can switch their style up. My wife's hair is past her shoulders, but she is wearing weave that comes to the top of her neck.
:childplease: Going natural means not straightening/weaves.
Your fellow female posters, told you how to maintain going natural and that it's fairly easy.

I can understand if you just prefer weaves/perms, but this whole "it's hard to go natural" is ridiculous.

So if a women puts heat on her hair it's not natural anymore?

:snoop:

Sierra Mist

Banned
Daps
Oh goody, another black women bashing thread

edit: I like straight hair and kind think it's more attractive

Saying you like natural hair is bashing black women?:ohhh: Saying you prefer the white woman's hair texture ISN'T? :leostare:

ummmmmm yea. try agaiN!

Sierra Mist

Banned
Daps
Man, I'm going to make a thread about the myth of black men liking natural hair.

Most black men can't even tell if a women has weave unless it's a weave ponytail

That brazil model could very well be wearing weave and not single ruck wilould be given if that girl was interested in any nikka in here

Natural hair is much harder to mantain. nikkas complain about women going to the gym, but a black women can't wear natural hair and sweat everyday

Weave is actually more practical.

Then what are the fat black women with weaves excuses for being so fat? :ld:

:usure: False. It is easier to clean the scalp after a work out when your real hair isn't covered by a weave. Plus some black women do not work out because they are afraid that their weave, or relaxer will sweat out.
As common as that excuse is you'd think he would have thought it through before saying that dumb shyt.

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps
Beautiful_Arabian_Models_24.jpg

:huhldup: Dem eyebrows...

But on the subject I'm seein more of a "natural movement" breaking out. More and more females I see takin the plunge so to speak.

I still got a weakness for a sexy dread head :noah:
she got strong features...

innocentdevil

:whoo:
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Most women do not want rock a fro or dreads 24/7/365

That's the great thing about weave. Women can switch their style up. My wife's hair is past her shoulders, but she is wearing weave that comes to the top of her neck.

There is more to natural hair than a fro, or dreads....try educating yourself breh.:beli: I'm not knocking other women for wearing a weave, or relaxed hair...it is their hair.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
you stay spewing this bullsh*t. you have no idea what you're talking about. shut your ignorant ass up.

I ask you in another thread for a link that said black people washing there hair everyday is healthy.

You never responded?

Link me up?

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
This link is actually about how White women are actually trying to copy off of black woman and wash there hair less

There have long been groups of people in the United States, of course, whose hair type doesn't require daily washing. African American women, for instance, will often report only needing to wash their hair once every one to two weeks, says Amy McMichael, M.D., a dermatologist at Wake Forest University School of Medicine in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. She also says women of Hispanic descent tend to wash their hair less often, as it's typically on the thicker side. People with oilier, thinner hair are usually the ones who become frequent washers

Is It Healthier To Skip Washing Your Hair? - The Huffington Post