I'm sick of weaves on our women.. go natural ya'll

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
:sitdown:

Some women's hair grows slower than others. Hair length also depends on the persons growth cycle and how much it grows per month. Also, Afro textured hair is more prone to breakage than other hair textures because it's drier. So black women may grow hair at the average pace but it breaks off easily so as she's growing it, it's breaking so it doesn't look like it grew at all.

Aren't there ways to moisturize your hair though?

Girl Melane

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Natural hair is much harder to mantain. nikkas complain about women going to the gym, but a black women can't wear natural hair and sweat everyday

Weave is actually more practical.

Disagree. I don't have to worry about sweating my edges out, or messing up the weave when I am rocking the curly fro/ponytail. Plus I co-wash daily so, sweating in my hair everyday is a non-issue.

KTD2

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just because you're not natural doesn't mean you rock weave everyday. Not natural and have never had a weave ever.

I do see that natural is the current hot thing, but it takes a lot to maintain it and I can't spend 2 hours a night straightening hair. I have things to do. lol.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
OP is delusional. He's talking from a tribal stance and thats just an unrealistic stance. We are not Africans...we are Americans. We have been Americanized and thats how we are. OK The whiteman robbed us of our history..ok...But we've been physically free for a while now and within that freedom we have created our own Americanized culture.....and that culture includes.....heating our food with radiation.....Drinking alcohol and smoking cigerrettes and women putting weaves and hair pieces in their heads and changing their hair color. Thats what we do in America. Woman have the freedom to go natural or weave it out. F*ck being on some tribal BS......I'd rather acknowledge the freedoms we have in this country then secluding Black woman to some made up tribal image.
We not even taking it that deep breh. Most definitely a woman can do whatever she wants to.. to herself, to her hair or whatever, no doubt about it. And truthfully this "American" culture you're taking about is a combination of many cultures from around the world. People have been drinking alcohol, smoking/puffing tobacco, wearing makeup/face paint, changing hair color, eating all types of food, etc. since the dawn of man. All that didn't start in America. :rudy:.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
:usure: False. It is easier to clean the scalp after a work out when your real hair isn't covered by a weave. Plus some black women do not work out because they are afraid that their weave, or relaxer will sweat out.

What the hell are you talking about?

Black people are not suppose to wash their hair often,

My point was that when their natural hair gets wet it because difficult to manage.

Like KTD2 said yo would have to spend about 2 hours nightly straightened your hair.

You said they worry about their perms getting sweated out? That's why i said its more practical to wear weave

KTD2

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dunno, I just think that this whole natural v. perm thing is just another thing for black women be divided over. Ex: Natural hair clubs, meet-ups, hair conventions. Or the attitude of "I'm natural and therefore am more black than she who perms."

Like, I was unaware that what I choose to do with my hair was supposed to define me or how "black" I am.

Olivia Pope

Banned
Daps
Reppin
City of Peace of Mind
I dunno, I just think that this whole natural v. perm thing is just another thing for black women be divided over. Ex: Natural hair clubs, meet-ups, hair conventions.

Like, I was unaware that what I choose to do with my hair was supposed to define me or how "black" I am.

This.

I hate the fact that black women took a positive movement to turn natural black women against relaxed/weave wearing black women. I hate to admit it, but the naturals started this mess. As if you heffas weren't relaxing your hair and rocking weaves one year ago :stopitslime:

If a black woman want to rock a fro, dreads, relaxed, weave down her back or a baldie is alright with me. Shouldnt matter to no one else. I never got a complaint from a man about me wearing a weave. Plus the few times that I do work out, I tie my weave up and wash it when I get home.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I dunno, I just think that this whole natural v. perm thing is just another thing for black women be divided over. Ex: Natural hair clubs, meet-ups, hair conventions. Or the attitude of "I'm natural and therefore am more black than she who perms."

You know what, I'll even give a pass to the Hallie Berry/Nia Long permed look. My ex girl used to rock that and she kept it nice and tight. She would rotate the short perm, to hot comb on certain days, to the short natural. :manny: Its just that wild long un-kept shyt that's got me like:scusthov:

innocentdevil

:whoo:
Daps
Reppin
Cali
What the hell are you talking about?

Black people are not suppose to wash their hair often,

My point was that when their natural hair gets wet it because difficult to manage.

Like KTD2 said yo would have to spend about 2 hours nightly straightened your hair.

You said they worry about their perms getting sweated out? That's why i said its more practical to wear weave

It depends on what shampoo a black person is using. With a non-sulfate shampoo, or even with a conditioner you can wash often.

Any hair is "difficult" to manage when wet because the strands become weaker when in contact with water.

I'm commenting on non-straight styles used without heat. It takes me less than an hour to style (twist, or braid) my hair before bed for the next day.

If you had read my post I mentioned relaxed hair, and WEAVES while working out. Again I am not referring to straight styles with the use of heat.

Double J

Banned
Daps
I think we need to admit that straight hair is just more attractive. Thats the reason why so many black women wear weaves in the first place.

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
Just because you're not natural doesn't mean you rock weave everyday. Not natural and have never had a weave ever.

I do see that natural is the current hot thing, but it takes a lot to maintain it and I can't spend 2 hours a night straightening hair. I have things to do. lol.

:childplease: Going natural means not straightening/weaves.
Your fellow female posters, told you how to maintain going natural and that it's fairly easy.

I can understand if you just prefer weaves/perms, but this whole "it's hard to go natural" is ridiculous.

KnowledgeIsQueen

Duality Duel
Daps
Reppin
Brooknam
:smh: @ the separatism (but I'll oblige :scheme:)

I have no qualms with females who rock weaves or indulge in creamy crack (whatever makes you happy). What irks me is the need for unnecessary commentary.

The most ignant statement I heard was from a female with a lopsided opossum fur looking weave :stopitslime: who stated OMG! you have a son? I know you got impregnated before you went natural, most naturals are single :wtf:

Or being told I cannot attend a social event unless I straighten my hair, FOH!

I've NEVER in my two years being natural heard a female with kinky hair throw unwarranted insults towards anyone who isn't natural, unless you feel the need to touch their hair WITHOUT permission ;)