I'm sick of weaves on our women.. go natural ya'll

Anothergirl

Goat ™
Daps
I ask you in another thread for a link that said black people washing there hair everyday is healthy.

You never responded?

Link me up?

Top 5 Hair Myths Exposed!!! - Top 5 Black Women Hair Myths | Juicy Magazine

SHAMPOO MAKES YOUR HAIR DRY
Shampoos with sulfates can be more drying to African-American hair. While daily hair washing is not needed for black hair, as long as you use shampoos without sulfates, and use a leave-in conditioner shampoo won’t be the cause of your hair dryness.

STAY AWAY FROM WATER
Don’t believe the hype – our hair requires moisture and water is the best form. Natural-hair ladies can use a spray bottle to mist dry hair daily and an oil/ moisturizer while those with relaxed hair can benefit by using a water-based moisturizer daily and washing often. Moisture is great for your hair.

Ask the Experts: Top Five Black Hair Myths - Ask the Experts: Top Five Black Hair Myths | Essence.com

MYTH: Black hair doesn't need to be shampooed often.
TRESS TRUTH: According to Stephen, there isn't a "correct" schedule for washing hair, but infrequent shampooing can result in dirt, oil and product buildup, which weighs down the hair shaft and makes it look dull. It's best to wash hair once a week, at least.

MANE MYTH: Greasing your scalp keeps hair healthy.
TRESS TRUTH: Stephen says that grease actually clogs pores, which can inhibit scalp circulation and hair growth! "A healthy scalp is gained by a healthy diet," she adds. To help maintain strong, healthy hair, eat tons of proteins (like fish and chicken), and foods high in vitamin C, which help with scalp circulation

like i've been preaching on sohh for at least 10 years now. Shall i keep going? :sitdown:

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
Most people online have a battery in their back and will hurl insults they'd never state in person :pacspit: them nappy skanks ;)

Sadly, the females and hair dressers in beauty salons (especially Dominican shops) talk crap about everyone. If they didn't, only then would I be surprised.

When I went to get a wash & set for my 31st born day, my Dominican stylist keep implying "aye mami ju hair is nappy!, ju want a relaxer?"

:childplease: B!tch you cannot even comb your hair. Sit cho platanos eating, no sock wearing ass down :hmm:

As I stated earlier, do whatever makes you happy :smile:

The First Lady of The Coli laying down the law :smugdraper:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Top 5 Hair Myths Exposed!!! - Top 5 Black Women Hair Myths | Juicy Magazine

:deadrose: That girl has in her bio that she writes for Allhiphop.com. You really just link a article from a "freelance writer" That writes for allhiphop:scusthov:

Ask the Experts: Top Five Black Hair Myths - Ask the Experts: Top Five Black Hair Myths | Essence.com

like i've been preaching on sohh for at least 10 years now. Shall i keep going? :sitdown:

Once again can i get a link reputable link. The reasoning for washing your hair on this link is bullshyt.

Anothergirl

Goat ™
Daps
Once again can i get a link reputable link. The reasoning for washing your hair on this link is bullshyt.
and for every bs "reputable" link you can find from people who know jack sh*t about hair... i can find 10 from HAIR INDUSTRY authorities that debunk that outta date myth.

In other words: since you refuse to admit you're wrong and dont know what you're talking...every time you try to spew that unfounded bullshyt and spread miss information to the sistas on here i will call you out on it. :smile:

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
That is not true, at least in my experience.
Natural hair is much harder to mantain. nikkas complain about women going to the gym, but a black women can't wear natural hair and sweat everyday
:rudy:
J
I do see that natural is the current hot thing, but it takes a lot to maintain it and I can't spend 2 hours a night straightening hair. I have things to do. lol.
Why would you spend time straightening your hair if its natural? Unless I'm mistaken, going natural means you wouldn't worry about straightening it all. You would let it be curly/kinky.

Daps
natural hair is not difficult to maintain. if you use straight hair methods, then it will be difficult to maintain. i get accused of wearing weaves when i'm wearing my natural hair, so i figure might as well wear weave when i want. everyone is allowed to have standards, but i couldn't take a man seriously if he's trying to be my hair stylist. :merchant: