I'm Officially DONE with Marvel.. Delete this thread. fukk the MCU and fukk Disney

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Basically Kamala's ancestors came from another dimension. And those bracelets were part of a tool to open a portal to that dimension/universe. But by opening it... a recursion would happen destroying earth.

At the end of the final episode, it's discovered that her genes were mutated and that the bracelets weren't the source of her powers....

So yeah, they teased it. But like everything else Marvel's been doing lately, there wasn't any follow up. Clearly, though, mutants aren't going to originate on the currently MCU timeline/universe.

The only other way they could've introduced mutants is by using the infinity stones. After the 2nd or 3rd snap, it activated the mutant gene. But they used as in Eternals, and it still wouldn't have made sense.

I'm sure they've pondered what to do since 2020. In order to things the right way, they would need 2 to 3 phases of mutants.. then a cross over. But they can't really do that because they got other IP's with arcs that have either just started or are not finished. And I'm sure Marvel doesn't want to shoe horn in their crown jewel IP's. if they fukk them up, there probably isn't no coming back. Yeah, they can afford to fukk up Ant-Man or The Marvels, but they didn't pay billions to get the rights to those movies.

You can intro Mutants in 1.5 phases imo.

3-4 movies in a year + 2-3 shows way more than enough the the end phase movie being X-Men or X-Men vs Avengers.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s crazy how even with the popularity of comic book movies. You would think that would translate to actual book sells. I mean didn’t Harry Potter book numbers increase once the movies came out. Maybe they need to focus on their animation department too. If the average superhero cartoon gotten the same. Animation and over the top action scenes as a Jujutsu Kaisen or other popular shonens. Maybe that would bring in more readers.
Not at all. It seems like a simple comparison but it's anything but

Comics as a format have a lot of systematic flaws that become more prominent as the decades pass. They're really hard for the average person to get into because there's so much volume and discontinuity.

If someone sees a Harry Potter movie and decides they want to read, there's a first book that you can pick up and read. If you like the first book you can continue from books 2-7. This is a simple process

If you see a Spiderman movie and decide you want to read Spiderman comics, where do you start? Who do you even speak to to find out where to start? You got a thousand comics to choose from with different arcs and timelines, continuity all over the place. It's overwhelming and cumbersome so most people won't even bother

That lines up with Manga's popularity too. If you're reading One Piece, Dragonball, etc that's one story to follow

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
Not at all. It seems like a simple comparison but it's anything but

Comics as a format have a lot of systematic flaws that become more prominent as the decades pass. They're really hard for the average person to get into because there's so much volume and discontinuity.

If someone sees a Harry Potter movie and decides they want to read, there's a first book that you can pick up and read. If you like the first book you can continue from books 2-7. This is a simple process

If you see a Spiderman movie and decide you want to read Spiderman comics, where do you start? Who do you even speak to to find out where to start? You got a thousand comics to choose from with different arcs and timelines, continuity all over the place. It's overwhelming and cumbersome so most people won't even bother

That lines up with Manga's popularity too. If you're reading One Piece, Dragonball, etc that's one story to follow
I get what you’re saying it been said plenty of times. Whenever the debate between manga vs comic books comes up. But people could easily figure out where to start reading. Just by looking at run and writer easy.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I get what you’re saying it been said plenty of times. Whenever the debate between manga vs comic books comes up. But people could easily figure out where to start reading. Just by looking at run and writer easy.
That's more work that most people are willing to do breh. And again no one is reading comics anymore so the burden is on the comic companies to make their shyt easer to read:manny:

Imagine telling your female coworker what writer and run to read:mjlol: at most she'll humor it but she not hunting down and reading that shyt. But she's likely read Harry Potter and is more likely to read a manga

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
That's more work that most people are willing to do breh. And again no one is reading comics anymore so the burden is on the comic companies to make their shyt easer to read:manny:

Imagine telling your female coworker what writer and run to read:mjlol: at most she'll humor it but she not hunting down and reading that shyt. But she's likely read Harry Potter and is more likely to read a manga
:russ:Come on bruh it’s not that much work. My cousin wanted to get into Black Panther and The Punisher. I told him to start with Priest’s run, and Ennis’s run. And bruh been reading comic books since simple lol.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
They should have went straight to X-Men but Feige got arrogant. He thought that because James Gunn managed to get people to care about a talking racc00n and a tree that they could replicate the same with all of their IP and people would eat it up.

Make no mistake, there were some people eating up this slop for a minute, Feige had certain people in a chokehold, but even staunch supporters of the MCU have arrived at the conclusion that this is all mid or trash.

Reboot it with the X-Men and let's go.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
They should have went straight to X-Men but Feige got arrogant. He thought that because James Gunn managed to get people to care about a talking racc00n and a tree that they could replicate the same with all of their IP and people would eat it up.

Make no mistake, there were some people eating up this slop for a minute, Feige had certain people in a chokehold, but even staunch supporters of the MCU have arrived at the conclusion that this is all mid or trash.

X-men won’t save them if the writing is still trash.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

I don’t think they could do X-men right away because the OG actors from the Fox movies are still under contract until 2025. Correct me if I’m wrong though :hubie:

If that’s true, they should have gone straight into Fantastic Four and Blade after Endgame.
Quantumania should have been a Fantastic Four movie.

Reed Richards is a linchpin character the MCU really needs in terms of having someone around who would have understood the multiverse and could have explained to the rest of the heroes (and the audience) in a way that made sense.
Killing him off in Multiverse of Madness was a huge mistake.