I'm Officially DONE with Marvel.. Delete this thread. fukk the MCU and fukk Disney

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
Even before the Kang stuff, there has just been 0 Enthusiasm for projects.

Avengers: Endgame should have prompted a shutdown of a few years of all projects to focus and align.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Even before the Kang stuff, there has just been 0 Enthusiasm for projects.

Avengers: Endgame should have prompted a shutdown of a few years of all projects to focus and align.

Was the Pandemic shutdown not enough? :what:lol……

Cuz we can get it popping again if you like

@Neo The Resurrected ONE still got connections with some science labs in CHINA:sas1:

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
I never watched the first one. It was a waste of time and resources. Filler for Disney +.

I feel like Disney + is the cause of all of this nonsense. Trying to prop up that division has cost them. I remember when it first launched, and after the first month, people were begging for new original Marvel content. So they rushed shows out of order, only released one episode per week, and over-saturated the content they were putting out, which took resources from projects and hurt the quality.. All so they can keep or gain subscriptions. Imagine of they time put into She-Hulk, What If and Moon Knight could've been consolidated and put into Secret Invasion. What if the time and resources wasted on Thor could've been put into another project?

Certain projects got more favoritism over others, but all they did was end up hurting the overall brand.
I believe you’re right about Disney’s push for online content. In addition, buying two big IPs, Star Wars and Marvel, they botched the first one and then started botching the second after the man responsible for its creation (Stan Lee) passed.

Them buying already existing universes and stories just made them go stale.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
:bryan: I remember this!

But yeah, kids are NOT checking for this nonsense. Kids are reading Jujutsu Kaisen, My Hero Academia, and One Piece.

American comics are really struggling right now, and it's more than just because of the weak writing... the direct market ultimately did more harm than good.
Back in the 60s, 70s, 80s, and 90s, you would find comics in any newstand, or in a dedicated section of the grocery store. Now, they're only sold in specialty shops. There's no real mainstream presence for comics in that sense.
Comics these days are inaccessible to kids, they're too expensive for kids, and there's too many fanfic writers running the business.

Marvel needs another Jim Shooter.

Yea, shyts dead, been dead, and likely staying that way. This tweet from Mark Miller was from a few months ago but brings added perspective

Marvel + DC + all other USA comic companies, combined = 9% of the American domestic market. And of course that's out of how many Americans actually buy books compared to those who can't be bothered with it.

Honestly, the best thing that happened to American comics was the breakout of movies and television. The billions that Black Panther and GotG have raked in... likely 98% of that came from ppl who don't know what "canon" means nor had any history with the IPs to care. Basically it reset things and gave every character an even shot at becoming a star, regardless of how the character was perceived by the neckbeard 9%.

The hubris was the big wig companies thinkin they could just start churning out any ol bullshyt; forgetting that even if audiences are brand new to the IP, they still have enough sense to recognize quality or the lackthereof.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Yea, shyts dead, been dead, and likely staying that way. This tweet from Mark Miller was from a few months ago but brings added perspective

Marvel + DC + all other USA comic companies, combined = 9% of the American domestic market. And of course that's out of how many Americans actually buy books compared to those who can't be bothered with it.

Honestly, the best thing that happened to American comics was the breakout of movies and television. The billions that Black Panther and GotG have raked in... likely 98% of that came from ppl who don't know what "canon" means nor had any history with the IPs to care. Basically it reset things and gave every character an even shot at becoming a star, regardless of how the character was perceived by the neckbeard 9%.

The hubris was the big wig companies thinkin they could just start churning out any ol bullshyt; forgetting that even if audiences are brand new to the IP, they still have enough sense to recognize quality or the lackthereof.

I`m a millenial and literally never read a comic in my life lol All of my knowledge came from Movies and TV stuff I grew up on and then reading about plots after

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Poor writing and the interjection of girl boss and pandering really ruined the MCU...

Girl bosses ain’t ruin shyt, unless you’re a fakkit. But even gay men don’t mind seeing female leads.

So the majority of the market is incels.

The gender simply became monopolized. Fox gave up, Warner Brothers screwed up, and the MCU simply got too big, too arrogant, too lazy and lost its way. Add in a global pandemic that lasted over a year, a fan base that got older and a market that got accustomed to not going to movie theaters and here we are.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
So they gonna just keep throwing out ideas and seeing what sticks :snoop: they didn’t have to do this with the last 2 avengers movies of the infinity saga for that matter.

It’s like they don’t know what they want and have begun to second guess everything.