I'm Officially DONE with Marvel.. Delete this thread. fukk the MCU and fukk Disney

Daps
Reppin
NULL
You about 8 years late on that one breh:mjlol:

Comic sales have been abysmal for years
Facts.
These new millennium fanfic writers aren’t writing for the kids, they’re only writing for their twitter feed. Kids aren’t rocking with modern Marvel/DC AT ALL.

Demon Slayer, One Piece, Attack on Titan, Naruto, Hunter x Hunter, Jujutsu Kaisen, My Hero Academia…that’s the new wave.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
Facts.
These new millennium fanfic writers aren’t writing for the kids, they’re only writing for their twitter feed. Kids aren’t rocking with modern Marvel/DC AT ALL.

Demon Slayer, One Piece, Attack on Titan, Naruto, Hunter x Hunter, Jujutsu Kaisen, My Hero Academia…that’s the new wave.
:mjlol:Remember when Marvel announced this bs. You really think lil bruhs want to read this shyt.

marvel-new-warriors-snowflake-safespace-2020-1024x487.jpg

836829._sx1280_ql80_ttd__1.jpg

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I almost want them to make X-men into a high budget TV series the same way they did Stranger Things and Game of Thrones (pre-season 8).

There are a ton of dope characters that never got to really shine in the movies but could be great if given their time in a series. Nightcrawler, Colossus, Kitty Pryde, and Psylocke are GOAT characters that get overlooked because they weren’t regulars in the cartoon series.
Cyclops is also HIM when he’s written correctly, like in the Byrne/Claremont run and Astonishing X-men, but a lot of cats write him off because they’re only viewing through their nostalgia goggles for the cartoon series and they ONLY see Scott as the corny dude who got punched for leaving Morph behind. He sonned Wolverine regularly in the comics.
images

The X-men really need the 80s Claremont-quality storytelling and characterization combined with the peak-level swag they had in the 90s blue and gold era.
X-Men-Blue-and-Gold-Teams.jpg

^Just add Nightcrawler to the picture above and that lineup is A+ :wow:

They can do both honestly

Make a main series of films and then do a “Xavier’s School Of Gifted Students” series that tells the stories of the lesser known mutants, it really could be a whole gold mine for both Disney and the entire MCU going forward.

I just want a dope ass Gambit movie.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol:Remember when Marvel announced this bs. You really think lil bruhs want to read this shyt.

marvel-new-warriors-snowflake-safespace-2020-1024x487.jpg

836829._sx1280_ql80_ttd__1.jpg
:bryan: I remember this!

But yeah, kids are NOT checking for this nonsense. Kids are reading Jujutsu Kaisen, My Hero Academia, and One Piece.

American comics are really struggling right now, and it's more than just because of the weak writing... the direct market ultimately did more harm than good.
Back in the 60s, 70s, 80s, and 90s, you would find comics in any newstand, or in a dedicated section of the grocery store. Now, they're only sold in specialty shops. There's no real mainstream presence for comics in that sense.
Comics these days are inaccessible to kids, they're too expensive for kids, and there's too many fanfic writers running the business.

Marvel needs another Jim Shooter.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:russ:Say what you want about Gunn but he made us care. About a talking racc00n, a talking tree, a man in a polka dot suit, a space redneck, and a woman who could control rats. I’m not saying his DC would just destroy the current mcu. But at least it could bring wanted competition.
Yea I'm not even a huge Gunn fan but I can't deny his talent for character development

I have no reason to care about a single character in The Suicide Squad and this nikka had me rooting for a dirty bytch that controls rats:wow:

Last edited:
Daps
For anyone doubting that Marvel is dead in the water... they just dropped a new show and nobody on the coli is watching. :laff:

That right there proves what we've been telling y'all. The dynasty is over.

There was a time when there would have been a countdown and a multiplat stickied thread. The thread ain't even on the front page and ain't nobody posted in it in weeks.

Wow. :wow:

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
For anyone doubting that Marvel is dead in the water... they just dropped a new show and nobody on the coli is watching. :laff:

That right there proves what we've been telling y'all. The dynasty is over.

There was a time when there would have been a countdown and a multiplat stickied thread. The thread ain't even on the front page and ain't nobody posted in it in weeks.

Wow. :wow:

WHAT SHOW?

:devil:
:evil: