I'm Officially DONE with Marvel.. Delete this thread. fukk the MCU and fukk Disney

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Man fukk Bob Iger :mjpls:

He's only back to try to increase the value so they can do a sell off. Disney basically took the MCU and pimped it. Disney + wouldn't exist without the MCU. Netflix did it better, so they shouldn't just let them do it. It was just pure greed and ego. And now Iger is back to do just that.

chapek and his breh deputy were influencing creative decisions far beyond what iger did/does.

as soon as iger replaced chapek breh deputy was fired and iger put out a message that creatives are back in control.

fired literally the next day.

All of this is on Feige. And like I said before...

nope.

widely reported.

"Bob Iger Announces Plan to Put Decision Making at Disney Back in the Hands of Creatives
BYRYAN O'ROURKE
PUBLISHED NOV 22, 2022"

"Iger is slowly unraveling the remains of the Bob Chapek regime to put his plans in motion.:"

In a new memo, Iger expressed his plan to put control back in the hands of the creatives Disney relies on, moving away from the data and streaming-centric approach lauded by Chapek. To start, he ousted Disney veteran Kareem Daniel, one of Chapek's key lieutenants who largely helped implement his agenda.
"

35 year old Feige in 2008, isn't the same as 50 year old Feige today.

apple, microsoft, iger himself, google, berkshire hathaway ...

these titans get better with age not the opposite.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
You forget these movies are written and filmed sometimes concurrently and sometimes shorty before the other films release. Nobody KNEW Shang Chi was going to blow up like he did and Moonknight is a series not film and didn't it come out after Antman? Then where exactly do you fit in Kang?

The point is that Marvel really lost any sense of course correction after Chadwick Boseman's death and the under performance of Thor 4 and The Eternals. Feels like they lost out on alot of what they'd originally planned with T'Challa being a focal point and they DEFINITELY shyt the bed with The Marvels.

I was team recast T'Challa from the start and not doing so really fukked them over.

And lowkey even though Kang is a potentially great villain they more than likely should have went with Doom from the start.
.there were leaks they were going to plant the Doom seed in BP2 And have Doom in Thunderbolts as a diplomat.

Too me it seemed like Kang was being set up as a misdirection for Doom to be God Emporer in Secret Wars.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
.there were leaks they were going to plant the Doom seed in BP2 And have Doom in Thunderbolts as a diplomat.

Too me it seemed like Kang was being set up as a misdirection for Doom to be God Emporer in Secret Wars.

they got a lot of work to do to regain trust.

and I don't know if they can.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
You forget these movies are written and filmed sometimes concurrently and sometimes shorty before the other films release. Nobody KNEW Shang Chi was going to blow up like he did and Moonknight is a series not film and didn't it come out after Antman? Then where exactly do you fit in Kang?

The point is that Marvel really lost any sense of course correction after Chadwick Boseman's death and the under performance of Thor 4 and The Eternals. Feels like they lost out on alot of what they'd originally planned with T'Challa being a focal point and they DEFINITELY shyt the bed with The Marvels.

I was team recast T'Challa from the start and not doing so really fukked them over.

And lowkey even though Kang is a potentially great villain they more than likely should have went with Doom from the start.
If T’Challa Jr. Grows up to be BP, then what?

They didn’t have to kill Ramona. Ever since Black Panther was introduced into the MCU, 2 kings and a queen were killed. It was bad enough for them to make the movie surround the death of Boseman, but to then kill off his mother was just :mindblown:

But even still Wakanda Forever was one of the best MCU movies post End Game. It got a higher Auden e score than the fist one.

But because it came out in the middle of phase 4, a lot of people didn’t even bother to go see it.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
chapek and his breh deputy were influencing creative decisions far beyond what iger did/does.

as soon as iger replaced chapek breh deputy was fired and iger put out a message that creatives are back in control.

fired literally the next day.

nope.

widely reported.

"Bob Iger Announces Plan to Put Decision Making at Disney Back in the Hands of Creatives
BYRYAN O'ROURKE
PUBLISHED NOV 22, 2022"

"Iger is slowly unraveling the remains of the Bob Chapek regime to put his plans in motion.:"

In a new memo, Iger expressed his plan to put control back in the hands of the creatives Disney relies on, moving away from the data and streaming-centric approach lauded by Chapek. To start, he ousted Disney veteran Kareem Daniel, one of Chapek's key lieutenants who largely helped implement his agenda.
"

apple, microsoft, iger himself, google, berkshire hathaway ...

these titans get better with age not the opposite.

LOL, the creatives huh? Chapek was Iger's hand picked successor. He was just finishing what Iger started anyway. Of course Iger got to look like the hero by coming in and turning everything around......oh wait, bomb after bomb after bomb. fukk the creatives. Get rid of those clowns. Hire some new ones who know what the fukk they are doing. Pander to your damned audience and not some Twitter trash and you'll make money again. No one cares about representation in a movie if the movie is fukkING GARBAGE. Get some generic white men to write these movies with the assumption that the cast will be lily white and then cast your diverse actors in these well written roles. Taking these half faq blue haired loonies from some opium den in San Fran and giving them writing jobs isn't working.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
If T’Challa Jr. Grows up to be BP, then what?

They didn’t have to kill Ramona. Ever since Black Panther was introduced into the MCU, 2 kings and a queen were killed. It was bad enough for them to make the movie surround the death of Boseman, but to then kill off his mother was just :mindblown:

But even still Wakanda Forever was one of the best MCU movies post End Game. It got a higher Auden e score than the fist one.

But because it came out in the middle of phase 4, a lot of people didn’t even bother to go see it.

Shoulda recasted.

That's why I didn't go see it.

Jr was a cop out. Make that shyt another dimension.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
LOL, the creatives huh? Chapek was Iger's hand picked successor. He was just finishing what Iger started anyway.

nope. Iger reversed chapek's decisions on day 1. he sacked chapek's right hand man on day 1.

yes day one of work.

hardly friends

"Bob Iger moves fast to dismantle Chapek’s reorganization of Disney"

Of course Iger got to look like the hero by coming in and turning everything around......oh wait, bomb after bomb after bomb.

you know how long it takes to make a film. do i even need to ask?

the films out in 2023 started in 2021 at the latest ... i.e. BEFORE iger came back.

iger has been back 1 year only.

-

not sure why this is taking so long to sink in.

:hubie:

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
nope. Iger reversed chapek's decisions on day 1. he sacked chapek's right hand man on day 1.

yes day one of work.

hardly friends

"Bob Iger moves fast to dismantle Chapek’s reorganization of Disney"

you know how long it takes to make a film. do i even need to ask?

the films out in 2023 started in 2021 at the latest ... i.e. BEFORE iger came back.

iger has been back 1 year only.

-

not sure why this is taking so long to sink in.

:hubie:

Once again Chapek was BOB IGER'S HAND PICKED SUCCESSOR. I don't care if they were "fwiends." Iger hand picked this man to run things after he "retired" (conveniently around COVID). He mentored that man and had him continue the shyt he was already putting in place. He only dismantled the shyt because it didn't work and Chapek was the convenient scapegoat. You really think Iger didn't know what Chapek was planning to do once he took over? Give me a break. The content sludge of MCU properties was proposed during Iger's tenure and implemented during Chapek's. They had MCU content planned out almost a decade in advance.

Face it, Iger's return to clean up the mess he made has been a flop just like everything else Disney has done in the past few years.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:yeshrug: Either we’ll get a shot or montage of the council of Kangs getting prune. Or they’ll just prune them off screen, or they’ll replace Kang with Renslayer lol. Then they’ll start planting Doom easter eggs until his big reveal. Cap4 will probably name drop Latveria or show its flag. Doombots and important Latveria residents then will begin to appearances in future movies. Doom will probably get his big reveal in F4.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Once again Chapek was BOB IGER'S HAND PICKED SUCCESSOR. I don't care if they were "fwiends." Iger hand picked this man to run things after he "retired" (conveniently around COVID). He mentored that man and had him continue the shyt he was already putting in place. He only dismantled the shyt because it didn't work and Chapek was the convenient scapegoat. You really think Iger didn't know what Chapek was planning to do once he took over? Give me a break. The content sludge of MCU properties was proposed during Iger's tenure and implemented during Chapek's. They had MCU content planned out almost a decade in advance.

Face it, Iger's return to clean up the mess he made has been a flop just like everything else Disney has done in the past few years.

i think you don't know how the future works.

no iger could not known everything that chapek would do and neither can he be held responsible for it.

he might know broad strategy but CEO's are there to make their own decisions.

it's empirical activity which means that despite broad agreement on strategy you can still mess up on implementation.

like in chapek's case putting a numbers and tech guy (daniels) in charge of creatives.

the person who made those decisions is the person who got fired - chapek.

i have worked for deutsche bank, citibank, credit suisse .. and that is the way big blue chips operate.

you let management incl CEO manage (even if they report to you). and as a result they take the blame when it goes wrong.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
:yeshrug: Either we’ll get a shot or montage of the council of Kangs getting prune. Or they’ll just prune them off screen, or they’ll replace Kang with Renslayer lol. Then they’ll start planting Doom easter eggs until his big reveal. Cap4 will probably name drop Latveria or show its flag. Doombots and important Latveria residents then will begin to appearances in future movies. Doom will probably get his big reveal in F4.
There were leaks that Doom was in Thunderbolts as the leader Latveria, as Thunderbolts was supposed to be about all the nations rushing to get to that island with the celestial to get the adamentium (sp)

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Shoulda recasted.

That's why I didn't go see it.

Jr was a cop out. Make that shyt another dimension.
Every actor that was recast in the MCU was done after the character appeared in ONE movie. Recasting T’Challa would’ve been like recasting Tony Stark for Iron Man 3.

And maybe if you and other people who chose to protest supported the movie and it did over a billion, maybe Marvel would’ve been compelled to fast track bringing T’Challa back. Now you helped ruin the IP altogether. Instead of Wakanda having a prominent role in the MCU, it’s regulated to Asgard status. And black actors suffer.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Every actor that was recast in the MCU was done after the character appeared in ONE movie. Recasting T’Challa would’ve been like recasting Tony Stark for Iron Man 3.

And maybe if you and other people who chose to protest supported the movie and it did over a billion, maybe Marvel would’ve been compelled to fast track bringing T’Challa back. Now you helped ruin the IP altogether. Instead of Wakanda having a prominent role in the MCU, it’s regulated to Asgard status. And black actors suffer.

don't give a fukk. :yeshrug:

I don't goto see a Superman film for Jimmy Olsen or Lois. :unimpressed:

they didn't have to make WF that soon either. They wanted the money.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
don't give a fukk. :yeshrug:

I don't goto see a Superman film for Jimmy Olsen or Lois. :unimpressed:

they didn't have to make WF that soon either. They wanted the money.
So don’t bytch and complain then, and fukk your opinion. It’s fukk nikka fans like you that ruined the genre in the first place. So take your comic books and stick them all the way up your ass. :pacspit:

And the beauty of thecoli.com is the ignore function. So I won’t have to look at any of your bullshyt posts anymore .