I'm Officially DONE with Marvel.. Delete this thread. fukk the MCU and fukk Disney

Conz

Superstar
Daps
i still don't know what the jordan emoji is supposed to represent. racism i'm assuming. if so, yes, i'm racist against... genuinely don't know where Pascal is from. South Americans. my Reed Richards cannot and will not be South American! i'll be damned if a character i've never read and only know from 3 shytty movies is South American.

darryl

Superstar
Daps
i still don't know what the jordan emoji is supposed to represent. racism i'm assuming. if so, yes, i'm racist against... genuinely don't know where Pascal is from. South Americans. my Reed Richards cannot and will not be South American! i'll be damned if a character i've never read and only know from 3 shytty movies is South American.
Yea man, I ain't feeling this either. The guy who played him in the 2000s movies was solid

Conz

Superstar
Daps
i always like the Dev Patel rumor... although it was probably just a fake fan rumor. Adam Driver was a weird one too.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Not your reed Richards huh :mjpls:

Just not what you think of huh :mjpls:
Reed-NN.png

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps

Daniel RPK about Kang on his patreon: "I heard from my sources that Marvel is still committed to Kang. It is possible that they will recast, but they are not leaving the character aside. If Doom appears in Secret Wars, he won't be the main villain."

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
It's worth it if you're good. Brie wasn't. It kickstarted Tom, Chadwick (RIP) and Chris' career and paid dividends.

The rumor about this particular role was posted earlier which is that most aren't liking the characterization, and that the movie would be centered around sue as the competent female lead and reed being more of an egghead goofball.

Plus I feel that they threw pedro a bone since he wasn't happy about his role in mandalorian
i think the issue is MCU used to cast these actors as if they were pulled from the pages of the comics.
They all looked just like the character they were portraying. They don't really do that anymore

Tom Hiddleston auditioned for Thor, and he is clearly a much better actor than chris hemsworth, but they still gave chris the role. because hemsworth fits better.
If they restarted now, Tom would be Thor. I feel like that's what they've been doing lately with all the new characters. and its been giving diminishing returns.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
i think the issue is MCU used to cast these actors as if they were pulled from the pages of the comics.
They all looked just like the character they were portraying. They don't really do that anymore

Tom Hiddleston auditioned for Thor, and he is clearly a much better actor than chris hemsworth, but they still gave chris the role. because hemsworth fits better.
If they restarted now, Tom would be Thor. I feel like that's what they've been doing lately with all the new characters. and its been giving diminishing returns.
This is a good point, but I'd toss in that it's been moreso agenda driven than performance driven. They are trying to tap into all demographics of races, LGBTQ at this time.

The mr. Fantastic casting feels like an outlier rather than the rule, for reasons that I stated above (disney appeasing him for prior work)

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

Compared to Ironman, Cap, Hulk, etc. No one really knows Sentry so I don't think it's a big deal.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Thats another problem, they keep pushing characters nobody cares about to the forefront.
But that’s how the MCU was built : mjlol:

Other than Spider Man and Black Panther, nobody asked for these characters before they were introduced.