I'm Officially DONE with Marvel.. Delete this thread. fukk the MCU and fukk Disney

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang...Bleedin Green
Iron Fist is the best of this batch. Honestly it wasn’t that bad to me. I’ll never watch it again, but it wasn’t terrible

Iron Fist, Ant Man, Secret invasion, Thor 4

My wife HATED it...I thought IF was ...aight
but compared to recent MCU shyt, it was a masterpiece

I cant figure out which is worse, Thor where they misuse Gorr and he magically gives kids powers...stupid shyt

OR

Kang who is suppose to be a threat worse than Thanos...he beat Thor but he looses to ANTMAN and a band of Ants

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Ok. i've had enough. Marvel is looking like DC right now. :snoop:

After End Game, they should've taken a hiatus. But if they had to keep going...

Spider-Man.. fukk it drop it
Black Widow.. so be it

After those movies, they should've gone directly to introducing Mutants. They could've used the snap to activate the x-gene or something else. Either way, they should've introduced them.

As far as movies, Fantastic 4 should've been a priority.

Any movie that never got a sequel should've been a priority.

And they didn't need to introduce Kang this early. It wasn't necessary. :mindblown:

Right now the MCU is one big convoluted mess. It's like they only knew how move or think one way, and now that the variables have changed, they don't know what to do. You pay all that money to buy fox and you're not dropping an X-Men movie until 10 years later?

They would've been better off creating a whole new Universe. Now they're talking about a soft reboot :snoop:

This is getting depressing. I'm going to see the Marvels, but the fact that they shoe horned 2 other characters, then change the title of the movie, it's just :mindblown:

Nobody cares about Armor wars. Most of the movies and shows they've dropped, people have completely forgotten about them.

Marvel is just doing too much. They've by creating all of these connected stories and plots with no resolution, it's impossible for people to try and stay up on it. And content that people want to see again, they don't know if its going to come out again within the next 5 years.

Basically, Marvel isn't focusing developing characters because they're too many. So why even up them in the spotlight to begin with?

There needs to be a split. Have characters spread out over different universes. So they won't have to worry about dropping too much content because half of it won't connect to the other half.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Echo will be the first series under the Marvel Spotlight banner, and Head of Streaming Brad Winderbaum said of the decision to launch the new banner with Echo, “Marvel Spotlight gives us a platform to bring more grounded, character-driven stories to the screen, and in the case of Echo, focusing on street-level stakes over larger MCU continuity. Just like comics fans didn’t need to read Avengers or Fantastic Four to enjoy a Ghost Rider Spotlight comic, our audience doesn’t need to have seen other Marvel series to understand what’s happening in Maya’s story.”

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
$225 Million for 9 episodes of She-Hulk.

Instead of Ally McBeal, you could have made a whole live action Neon Genesis Evangelion series with that kind of money:mjlol:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Disney bruh...:francis:
Money. They were used to doing over a billion every drop that they didn’t want to leave money on the table. They wanted to keep those quarters humming.

And they wanted to bring in as many subscribers to D+ as possible.

And the sad part is Covid gave them an out. They could’ve used that time to reset. Half the movies they released ended up being rush jobs anyway. They could’ve gone back to the drawing board.

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I had no desire to watch that Echo show but seeing as it's TVMA I gotta check it out when it drops.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas

Black Widow.. so be it

After those movies, they should've gone directly to introducing Mutants. They could've used the snap to activate the x-gene or something else. Either way, they should've introduced them.

And they didn't need to introduce Kang this early. It wasn't necessary. :mindblown:

Right now the MCU is one big convoluted mess. It's like they only knew how move or think one way, and now that the variables have changed, they don't know what to do. You pay all that money to buy fox and you're not dropping an X-Men movie until 10 years later?

They would've been better off creating a whole new Universe. Now they're talking about a soft reboot :snoop:

This is getting depressing. I'm going to see the Marvels, but the fact that they shoe horned 2 other characters, then change the title of the movie, it's just :mindblown:

Nobody cares about Armor wars. Most of the movies and shows they've dropped, people have completely forgotten about them.

Marvel is just doing too much. They've by creating all of these connected stories and plots with no resolution, it's impossible for people to try and stay up on it. And content that people want to see again, they don't know if its going to come out again within the next 5 years.

Basically, Marvel isn't focusing developing characters because they're too many. So why even up them in the spotlight to begin with?

There needs to be a split. Have characters spread out over different universes. So they won't have to worry about dropping too much content because half of it won't connect to the other half.
I feel like marvel may have secretly been under contract to where they were not allowed to take a hiatus, had to use the original cast and so they just released some low shıt tier to temporarily hold off until they recast and create new official stories.

I remember FOX being under a similar contract.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

Black Widow.. so be it

There won't be any live action X-Men or Fantastic 4 until 2025. They are waiting until the Fox contracts run out.

You don't slow down after a success like End Game you ramp up to capitalize on the success. That's capitalism.

The order of releases was heavily effected by the pandemic. Falcon and the Winter Soldier was supposed to be 1st but WandaVision was further along so they released that first. They never did what they wanted as far as order of release.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
There won't be any live action X-Men or Fantastic 4 until 2025. They are waiting until the Fox contracts run out.

You don't slow down after a success like End Game you ramp up to capitalize on the success. That's capitalism.

The order of releases was heavily effected by the pandemic. Falcon and the Winter Soldier was supposed to be 1st but WandaVision was further along so they released that first. They never did what they wanted as far as order of release.
You're singing to the preacher. I was saying that last year. I've been defending the MCU throughout all of Phase 4. One of the few people that actually liked The Eternals. And yes it was a money grab. It was also a waste of money with bloated budgets.

But you can't deny the fact that Marvel threw all of this content out and arrogantly thought they would stick the landing or could simply pivot if needed. The blatant fan service is also nauseating. That's that Multiverse of Madness and No Way Home was.

Like I said before, by trying to please every demographic they are alienating everyone to a certain degree. MCU fans that came in because of Black Panther are probably gone or disengaged. The same with Shang Chi.

Between covid and the writers strike, they should've just eased back into this. Now they're in a position where they may have to end up scrapping characters with unfinished story arcs, scrap movies and leave a lot of What Ifs....

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
You're singing to the preacher. I was saying that last year. I've been defending the MCU throughout all of Phase 4. One of the few people that actually liked The Eternals. And yes it was a money grab. It was also a waste of money with bloated budgets.

But you can't deny the fact that Marvel threw all of this content out and arrogantly thought they would stick the landing or could simply pivot if needed. The blatant fan service is also nauseating. That's that Multiverse of Madness and No Way Home was.

Like I said before, by trying to please every demographic they are alienating everyone to a certain degree. MCU fans that came in because of Black Panther are probably gone or disengaged. The same with Shang Chi.

Between covid and the writers strike, they should've just eased back into this. Now they're in a position where they may have to end up scrapping characters with unfinished story arcs, scrap movies and leave a lot of What Ifs....
You just said they should have done the X-Men earlier. They didn't want to double dip salary wise with the Fix actors. That's a business decision not a creative one.
It's not up to Marvel how much content they make it's up to Disney.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm

Only problem with that notion is that they hedged their bet to a service that was always going to be difficult to get their ROI based on the cost to produce content. For that reason, it never made financial sense to crank out as many Marvel shows for the streaming service that they did.

Of course the pandemic forced their hand, but some of knew what the end result was going to be the moment their plans were first announced especially considering the attachment wasn't going to be there as much after Endgame.