I'm Officially DONE with Marvel.. Delete this thread. fukk the MCU and fukk Disney

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Hmmm . . . so it wasn't due to worse FX in recent productions, interesting.
I think Feige in particular has shown a willingness to change things so I don't think they need new executives. It's not likely you automatically find someone better, they would probably be worse.
And I doubt Taika or Peyton Reed get another directors job. Only repeat directors going forward are Shang Chi and WandaVision's directors who both did good work in Phase 4. Everyone else is new.

The Russo brothers left because they wanted to do something else besides Marvel movies. Gunn left because he wanted Feige’s position. Actors left because they wanted to do other projects and didn’t like being locked into multiple film deals.

Which is why they need to start fresh. It’s like once you get into the MCU for the long haul, it’s hard to do anything outside the MCU. There’s definitely a period of transition right now. If you look at the current slate, they realized, they need to scale back and reassess.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
so how we soft rebooting this shyt? "we had to cancel a bunch of projects like Echo and Agatha b/c... uh, Kang was in it. it's too bad, they were gonna be good, but Kang, ya know?"

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
so how we soft rebooting this shyt? "we had to cancel a bunch of projects like Echo and Agatha b/c... uh, Kang was in it. it's too bad, they were gonna be good, but Kang, ya know?"
I actually think they are going to ride out until he is definitively more guilty. They gonna hide behind innovent until proven guilty for as long as they can, an arrest is not going to be enough to thwart the plan. He is going to have to get indicted for shyt to get real.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
TI got fired off accusations
Norton got fired for being a dikk
Howard got fired cause of $$
A producer who made them $30 billion got canned.
Majors is replaceable as fukk

Plus the movie underperformed.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
I actually think they are going to ride out until he is definitively more guilty. They gonna hide behind innovent until proven guilty for as long as they can, an arrest is not going to be enough to thwart the plan. He is going to have to get indicted for shyt to get real.
Deeper you go with the Kangs the more of a gamble it is. What if they go 2 more then he becomes so toxic you gotta cut ties? We're still at the onset and they can hypothetically change course. Who knows at this point. MCU is in trouble either way

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Deeper you go with the Kangs the more of a gamble it is. What if they go 2 more then he becomes so toxic you gotta cut ties? We're still at the onset and they can hypothetically change course. Who knows at this point. MCU is in trouble either way

Trevante Rhodes would take the role in a heartbeat. They usually have like 3-4 choices for every role so they'd likely just call someone who they didn't choose first. Do a quick zoom call, script reading or fly them out and nothing would be missed. Just refilm scenes.

I like Majors but Norton and Howard got replaced and no beat was skipped. Maybe you liked the other actors but Disney keeps it moving (good or bad).

There's Aldis Hodge, Trevante, dude from Snowfall. John Boyega. Heck even dude from Top Boy (Jamie).

It wouldn't fix their larger issues but recasting a role like that is like filling a cup of water to them.

This is the same studio that brings back dead actors in Star Wars via CGI. Majors ain't shyt to them

Last edited:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Then you recast then. I don't see the downside in pushing recast to the last possible second.