I'm not from Detroit, Europe or a Homosexual... why should I care about House music?

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
house music is black music first and foremost just cuz the gays co-opted it doesn't make it bussy-beats.

afro beats is the biggest genre right now or one of them and it incorporates house, reggae, r n' b. and the ladies love it and frankly I do too it's positive, uplifting unlike drill and rap which generally harps on negative and destructive themes meant to keep you vibrating at a lower level, fukk those modern-contrived-requiems they call rap/hiphop these days.
Afro beats was sent to us by the ancestors to break the spell of hip hop

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
That Drake album is a disgrace to HIP HOP. I hope this ain't the future because i'd really be :flabbynsick:

I hope this doesn't become a trend. :mjcry: Game and Lupe coming next week, so i'm thankful for that :wow:
If it's not hip hop it's not a disgrace to hip hop.

What do you do with house music?... Dance with women if you not a homosexual. You spend too much time in JBO with fake women man try going out.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
these people who control the music are wicked as all hell. purposely signing artists that only promote the evil.
Then they want to position themselves as "gatekeepers" of the music...which is also evil.

That's why I go so hard promoting black folks getting back into house and techno.
These white culture vultures and gatekeepers love to erase black people's accomplishments and put themselves as the face of it.
imagine how many young black people thought this music was white and had to think they had to go through THEM and their bigoted pro-white elitist shtick and go through them to get their own culture and music back.
Thinking that all facets of creativity in music and art is only monopolized through whiteness and all black people can do is rap and play sports.

Nah, we got to break that thinking completely...
:francis:
its problematic to think of so many genres of music that black people started and some young black folk think all it is is rap and r&b.

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
Chicago invented house music :ufdup:
One of the most eye opening memories I have as a kid is going down to Chicago as a kid (90s) seeing and hearing black people turn up house music. It was lit, my brother and sister used to play bare DJ Slugo and Chip when their friends came over and send me a room and say don't come out :mjcry:

Not gonna lie, I hated house/techno because what we got up here was that weird robot Euro screeching. It was so ass but everyone loved going to those festivals, especially I'm HS

I wish I could footwork:mjcry:

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
these people who control the music are wicked as all hell. purposely signing artists that only promote the evil.
Facts

If folks don’t understand that by now I don’t know what to tell them.

President Sakora

Supporter
Daps
Then they want to position themselves as "gatekeepers" of the music...which is also evil.

That's why I go so hard promoting black folks getting back into house and techno.
These white culture vultures and gatekeepers love to erase black people's accomplishments and put themselves as the face of it.
imagine how many young black people thought this music was white and had to think they had to go through THEM and their bigoted pro-white elitist shtick and go through them to get their own culture and music back.
Thinking that all facets of creativity in music and art is only monopolized through whiteness and all black people can do is rap and play sports.

Nah, we got to break that thinking completely...
:francis:
its problematic to think of so many genres of music that black people started and some young black folk think all it is is rap and r&b.
facts, rock n roll, country, house.......... allllll blyke * south afrikan accent!