I'm not from Detroit, Europe or a Homosexual... why should I care about House music?

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
This is a common misconception.
House music is an off shoot of disco, the same way trap is an off shoot of hip-hop.
The gays were present because they went where the best music was because they wanted to dance.
Some of the influential DJs were gay. That's it.
The LGBT, specifically the white LGBT, have co-opted dance music and have pushed the false narrative that it's gay music created by gay people, which is bullshyt.
It's just more Columbusing of Black culture. Flat out.

Creation was the wrong word. You're correct. I should have say "proliferated."

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
OP..

You don't have to care about House music. It isn't for everyone. As far as gay people "co-opting" the genre, let's not act like gay people don't listen to the same music that you like.

I love House, especially deep/soulful House and I live in a part tof the country where house music is primarily played at gay clubs. So what! I guess gay people have good taste in music? *shrugs*

Like other posters has stated, house music is definitely Black music, but there are non-Blacks who have embraced the genre and made great contributions to the genre.

Personally, I would much rather listen to house music than the so called hip hop music that is made and played today!

To each one's own!

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
I swear it Brehs started playing house music again do you know how quickly we would eat up with how many white boys dominate this shyt?

Cause I know there are a lot of Black people that love this music...but they won't support these white and non black DJs or go see them live...cause their crowds are lowkey elitists bigoted and anti black.

And I know whatever we do and we make popular everybody else follows ..so...

:yeshrug:

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
:dahell: What Hip Hop videos are you watching.?!?

House Music is literally the soundtrack to brutal anal sex. :dame:

So we gonna act like young thug isn't in a dress or dougie b isn't wiggling like a female? Or Isaiah Rashad and Young Buck both got exposed for funny style behavior? Baby the birdman and lil wayne kissing?