@MartyMcFly what you write breh? :mjpls:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:sas1:

I'm serious though.

Film couldn't be all that bad if it got you guys reflecting positively on it and havin a laugh over it's "intentional" comedy.

Maybe y'all just need to realize that not everything needs to be so serious all the time, and that it's okay for a movie about a man dressed as a giant bat to poke fun at itself. :sas2:

Once you do that you might actually be able to enjoy it.

I feel you. It's why I watch Adam West Batman everyday on IFC

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Since we're rankin em

1. TDK
2. B89 = BR
3. BF
4. TDKR
5. BB
6. B&R

And yet oddly enough my favorite scene in any Batman movie is still from TDKR... the scene in which Bruce climbs out of the pit.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
nah breh you always mention you being a writer

Ah. Well my job is a writer/editor so that's one lol. But I've gotten some scripts I've written homie. Came up with a pilot tv show idea and wrote about 5 episodes so far. Enter contests, etc. You know, same ole same ole. Nothing major yet but I believe in continuously working on what you love to do and eventually, shyt will work itself out

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
:sas1:

I'm serious though.

Film couldn't be all that bad if it got you guys reflecting positively on it and havin a laugh over it's "intentional" comedy.

Maybe y'all just need to realize that not everything needs to be so serious all the time, and that it's okay for a movie about a man dressed as a giant bat to poke fun at itself. :sas2:

Once you do that you might actually be able to enjoy it.
I appreciate the movie for what it is not what I want it to be. It's all about perspective. :ehh:

Funny enough I can watch Batman and Robin trough and through but can't even watch 30 mn of Batman forever without going to sleep :manny:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I can't rank them past the first 3:

Dark Knight
Batman
Batman Begins

after that it gets tough for me because..well you've all seen Dark Knight Rises

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
No. I know its popular to hate the TDK trilogy, but Forever is no where close to those 3 films...If you said the Keaton films, then yes, they are better than TDKR, but Batman Begins and TDK>>>>

Just because something is bright, flashy, and loud as fukk doesn't mean its entertaining because its not.
:lawd:

even though rises is better than them. the whole trilogy is.

just cause rises wasnt as good as the first two doesnt mean it was trash yall :snoop:

it was a solid film preceeded by two excellent, game changing films

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:lawd:

even though rises is better than them. the whole trilogy is.

just cause rises wasnt as good as the first two doesnt mean it was trash yall :snoop:

it was a solid film preceeded by two excellent, game changing films

I only think it's "trash" based on the way the story treated it's characters, misunderstood it's main character, and completely ignored the logic and rules of the preceding movies. The first two are beyond dope so the third didn't have to be as dope to me to be good just make different choices. Batman retiring for 8 years is a no-no for me breh, I'm sorry, especially over a chick who I'm told he loved but never once saw it because the female role of Rachel Dawes was severely underwritten in both Batman Begins and Dark Knight and Bale didn't have much chemistry with the women playing her. I have a problem when you build up your main antagonist so much and make him SO dope only to completely shyt on him in the end, robbing the movie of a true payoff between the two of them. And most of all I have an issue with a director who's built his career on explaining everything logically, he even made a whole movie built around exposition (Inception) but then he has these huge logic holes in his final Batman movie that he didn't have in his first two because he cares so much about reality and logic and grounding his films

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
:what:What kinda bs is that? Is there a rule or something that says I can't?

I respect the Nolan series. They are the most ambitious Batman movies ever made. They have weight. They have layers. They were the first to actually try and say something.

But they are also very boring.

Rises has SCENES, MOMENTS that are obviously much greater and more powerful than anything Forever has to offer but movies are meant to be watched from beginning to end and not in bits and spurts, and that movie to this day still feels like a fukkin chore.

Forever doesn't have those same highs but it also doesn't have those same lows either. It's not a GREAT movie but it's fun entertainment the whole way through and I got no problem with that. :ehh:
i disagree with your overall opinion , but i can definitely understand this sentiment

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
I only think it's "trash" based on the way the story treated it's characters, misunderstood it's main character, and completely ignored the logic and rules of the preceding movies. The first two are beyond dope so the third didn't have to be as dope to me to be good just make different choices. Batman retiring for 8 years is a no-no for me breh, I'm sorry, especially over a chick who I'm told he loved but never once saw it because the female role of Rachel Dawes was severely underwritten in both Batman Begins and Dark Knight and Bale didn't have much chemistry with the women playing her. I have a problem when you build up your main antagonist so much and make him SO dope only to completely shyt on him in the end, robbing the movie of a true payoff between the two of them. And most of all I have an issue with a director who's built his career on explaining everything logically, he even made a whole movie built around exposition (Inception) but then he has these huge logic holes in his final Batman movie that he didn't have in his first two because he cares so much about reality and logic and grounding his films
my main three problems were him magically reappearing back in gotham, the felon/cop battle where they should have all been gunned down, and obviously banes death at the end

other than that i thought it was a solid film. the first bane/batman battle with the added touch of no music so you really feel the struggle. his struggle trying to get out the pit with the score. bane's existence. i think JGL was alright. i liked hathaway, i dont know the boards opinion on her in the film. my cocaine was lights out as usual. gordon :obama:

the 8 years thing never really bothered me :yeshrug: i think thats also why we differ on the spidermans too, i just take the movie for how it is and let it present their version of the character to me, but thats an argument for another thread :sas1: (actually i plan on watching ASM2 and was thinking about giving a very detailed review of it but i dont know if its worth bringing the thread back up again)

i just think the good of the film overshadowed the holes enough to the point where it was a solid watch and something if im sitting around would watch, i've never had the urge to watch any of the old batmans except, ironically, batman and robin because the fukkery level is so high and childhood memories

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
my main three plot hole problems were him magically reappearing back in gotham, the felon/cop battle where they should have all been gunned down, and obviously banes death at the end

other than that i thought it was a solid film. the first bane/batman battle with the added touch of no music so you really feel the struggle. his struggle trying to get out the pit with the score. bane's existence. i think JGL was alright. i liked hathaway, i dont know the boards opinion on her in the film. my cocaine was lights out as usual. gordon :obama:

the 8 years thing never really bothered me :yeshrug: i think thats also why we differ on the spidermans too, i just take the movie for how it is and let it present their version of the character to me, but thats an argument for another thread :sas1: (actually i plan on watching ASM2 and was thinking about giving a very detailed review of it but i dont know if its worth bringing the thread back up again)

i just think the good of the film overshadowed the holes enough to the point where it was a solid watch and something if im sitting around would watch, i've never had the urge to watch any of the old batmans except, ironically, batman and robin because the fukkery level is so high and childhood memories

I can take the character presented as is but be true to the character that's my problem with the presentation. You're telling me that a guy who saw his parents die in front of him and decided to make himself into an ultimate crime fighting machine is going to sulk over a woman dying? A woman who was fukkin someone else mind you? Nah. Not that guy. If anything Rachel's death will make him double his efforts. I'd prefer them saying he hung up being batman because he had to due to being hunted etc but throwing the Rachel thing in there felt like a bad move seeing as how that relationship just didn't work and it was supposed to be the emotional core for the three movies. I don't mind changes to my comic book flicks I really don't just be true to the character and that is where we differ on the spider man flicks but like you said, different argument different thread. Hell my problem with the first two batman movies are his blatant usage of guns lol but I can let that go due to the other things I like. And those movies were made by someone who wasn't trying to make it very realistic like Nolan was. He wasn't trying to explain everything and say "this is how batman would really be"

And I'm with you on those plot holes breh and that's my thing: those plot holes didn't exist in the first two and if they did they weren't as gaping. When you're telling me this is how batman would really be don't expect me to ride with you when you tell me a broke billionaire with no money no Alfred and no nothing is going to be able to get from a land of huts to Gotham and magically show up right where Selina Kyle is without giving me SOME explanation. Even if it's a throwaway bit if dialogue give me something.

But you said it did more good for you than bad and I feel the same way about spidey so in that sense we're :obama: