I'll tell ya what, Schumacher can say he made a decent Batman movie

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
You assume I like the movie only because it's "bright, flashy, and loud as fukk" ?

That's all that movie offers...shyt is loud and bright and ridiculously uneven in tone...Jim Carrey and Tommy Lee are over the top while Val Kilmer is literally asleep the whole damn movie; Keaton and Burton were :russ:the whole time watching that nerds candy in a blender ass movie

Daps
Reppin
NYC
That's all that movie offers...shyt is loud and bright and ridiculously uneven in tone...Jim Carrey and Tommy Lee are over the top while Val Kilmer is literally asleep the whole damn movie; Keaton and Burton were :russ:the whole time watching that nerds candy in a blender ass movie

Of course Two Face and Riddler are over the top... the whole movie is over the top.

It's harmless, shallow entertainment. Nothin wrong with that.

It's funny, it's gloomy, it's action packed... it's entertaining. And it even tells a pretty decent Batman story. Would definitely take it over Begins and Rises (not TDK :whoa:).

RhymesWell

All Star
Daps
Two Face is my favorite bat villian and Tommy Lee was terrible so that brought the movie down for me. I hated how his characterb practically got 0 buildup to why he was wildin out.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Of course Two Face and Riddler are over the top... the whole movie is over the top.

It's harmless, shallow entertainment. Nothin wrong with that.

It's funny, it's gloomy, it's action packed... it's entertaining. And it even tells a pretty decent Batman story. Would definitely take it over Begins and Rises (not TDK :whoa:).
Nah man. There is definitely something wrong with that, and this is an obvious bait thread, not a damn chance you like this over rises OR begins...if so, man....what a fukked up opinion

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Nah man. There is definitely something wrong with that, and this is an obvious bait thread, not a damn chance you like this over rises OR begins...if so, man....what a fukked up opinion

:what:What kinda bs is that? Is there a rule or something that says I can't?

I respect the Nolan series. They are the most ambitious Batman movies ever made. They have weight. They have layers. They were the first to actually try and say something.

But they are also very boring.

Rises has SCENES, MOMENTS that are obviously much greater and more powerful than anything Forever has to offer but movies are meant to be watched from beginning to end and not in bits and spurts, and that movie to this day still feels like a fukkin chore.

Forever doesn't have those same highs but it also doesn't have those same lows either. It's not a GREAT movie but it's fun entertainment the whole way through and I got no problem with that. :ehh:

Last edited:

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Watching Batman Forever for the first time in years and I gotta say it's pretty decent actually.:manny:

History hasn't been as kind to it because we expect more in terms of tone from our superhero movie these days but for a campy Bat-flick I think it fits the bill. :ehh:

Yeah it wasn't bad at all. Val was pretty good. Played that "dark haunted spirit" role shyt very well.

Whitty Hutton

these posters are TRASH
Daps
Reppin
retired
I still watch it a lot of times when it comes on, but if it wasn't for Jim Carrey I probably wouldn't.
It's definitely a movie that is more suitable for kids
Batman & Robin is a movie more suitable for babysitting old nursing home patients that lost 98% of their brain functions

The McDonald's marketing for this movie was classic.
This burger :blessed:....best one they ever had

But they are far too cheap to put that much meat into a burger today or have glass mugs :to:

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
Honestly as a kid I was excited...and disappointed by every single Batman movie in the 90s. Even the first two were kinda weird IMO and not that cool. I didn't hate them (at the time) but they were all meh. But thats cuz I loved the Animated Series so much and all the movies were so...different