I'll tell ya what, Schumacher can say he made a decent Batman movie

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:dahell:Dent's death led to the Dent act which lead to all the criminals being thrown into Blackgate Prison. The Joker destroyed the three mob families in the previous movie. There wasn't really any need for Gotham to have Batman or Batman to be Batman until Bane and his goons surfaced.

"a broke billionaire with no money no Alfred and no nothing is going to be able to get from a land of huts to Gotham and magically show up right where Selina Kyle is without giving me SOME explanation."

The same thing happened in the first movie, however Begins despite being grounded was always fantasy and still comic booky. Just look at the stuff with Scarecrow or the scene where Batman attracts the bats. It had a secret society of ninjas/assassins being trained in the Himalayas:heh: . However The Dark Knight abandoned all of that. The fantasy and "comicbooky" stuff was dropped for hyper-realism and to make it a crime/drama. Look at what was stripped from The Joker. Look at how Gotham becomes another regular American City. He sort of tried to bring it(fantasy elements) back in the third but people weren't going to have after what he did with The Dark Knight.

Nah I gotta disagree breh. Dent act got rid of all organized crime, they say that very clearly. That doesn't mean the city was free of crime period in 8 years and Batman didn't just go into business to wipe out organized crime, but all types of crime. To say Batman is only worried about organized crime is kinda short sighted

And in Batman Begins, he was off training with the league of shadows and then a plane showed up to pick him up (although there is still some question as to how he arranged that but whatever) the point is, he gave logical answers for the choices he made in the script and as a filmmaker not just throwing stuff out there to see what stuck

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Nah I gotta disagree breh. Dent act got rid of all organized crime, they say that very clearly. That doesn't mean the city was free of crime period in 8 years and Batman didn't just go into business to wipe out organized crime, but all types of crime. To say Batman is only worried about organized crime is kinda short sighted

And in Batman Begins, he was off training with the league of shadows and then a plane showed up to pick him up (although there is still some question as to how he arranged that but whatever) the point is, he gave logical answers for the choices he made in the script and as a filmmaker not just throwing stuff out there to see what stuck

The type of crime that Batman fights in the first two movies were organised crime(mob bosses) and terrorists(Ra's Al Ghul and The Joker). If they have been eradicated/jailed what else is he supposed do?. No terrorist surfaces in Gotham until Bane, which is when he decides to return as Batman. The mobsters are all locked up and were convicted under The Dent act which meant they were not eligible for parole. The crime in Gotham was coming from the mobsters. Bruce/Batman returning when a terrorist surfaced shows you that he would have come out of retirement if it happened during the 8 year period that he was absent.

When John Blake first meets Gordon this is what he says to him.

"When you and Dent cleaned up the streets, you cleaned them up good. Pretty soon we'll be going after over-due library books"

Batman wasn't needed. He spends eight years waiting for crime to resurface, Alfred even tells him that("You hung up your cape and your cowl but you didn't move on. You didn't find someone". "You're not living you're just waiting for things to go bad again.") and it's why the Batcave was rebuilt. It's also why he became a recluse.

"he was off training with the league of shadows and then a plane showed up to pick him up (although there is still some question as to how he arranged that but whatever)"

It's the same thing. In The Dark Knight Rises, Batman has no money, escapes the pit and returns to Gotham.

In Batman Begins, Bruce Wayne disappears and travels around the world for 7 years despite being declared "dead" and having no money. He has to steal to eat. No explanation is given for both. No one was bothered by it Begins because the film was fantasy and not the successor to a hyper-realistic crime drama.

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The type of crime that Batman fights in the first two movies were organised crime(mob bosses) and terrorists(Ra's Al Ghul and The Joker). If they have been eradicated/jailed what else is he supposed do?. No terrorist surfaces in Gotham until Bane, which is when he decides to return as Batman. The mobsters are all locked up and were convicted under The Dent act which meant they were not eligible for parole. The crime in Gotham was coming from the mobsters. Bruce/Batman returning when a terrorist surfaced shows you that he would have come out of retirement if it happened during the 8 year period that he was absent.

When John Blake first meets Gordon this is what he says to him.

"When you and Dent cleaned up the streets, you cleaned them up good. Pretty soon we'll be going after over-due library books"

Batman wasn't needed. He spends eight years waiting for crime to resurface, Alfred even tells him that and it's why the Batcave was rebuilt. It's also why he became a recluse.

"he was off training with the league of shadows and then a plane showed up to pick him up (although there is still some question as to how he arranged that but whatever)"

It's the same thing. In The Dark Knight Rises, Batman has no money, escapes the pit and returns to Gotham.

In Batman Begins, Bruce Wayne disappears and travels around the world for 7 years despite being declared "dead" and having no money. He has to steal to eat. No explanation is given for both. No one was bothered by it Begins because the film was fantasy and not the successor to a hyper-realistic crime drama.

Anytime they speak about crime in these movies it's from the point of organized crime so this idea that batman can only be needed for organized crime and big crime makes no sense to me from a character standpoint. I get that is Nolan's interpretation but it rings false to me based on the character breh. I don't buy it and don't buy that he would just sit back especially since he mostly attributed it to Rachel not the fact that he wasn't needed. I even said if they kept it to that logic I could rock with it a bit more but throwing in the Rachel thing just nah.

And what do you mean no explanation was given on him disappearing and having to steal to eat? We saw him ditch his coat any ID that was on him and hop the first freight out of Gotham. And it was pretty clear why he left as he was a lost soul who needed to find direction and a way to channel his anger and desire for vengeance. And when he came back it made sense and everyone reacted to him being back as if they saw a ghost.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Looks like when it comes to the Nolan movies y'all seem to be a little confused about the details of the plot. :sas1:

Clearly signs of a well written, well directed, well communicated film. :sas2:

@MartyMcFly

Last edited:

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
No. I know its popular to hate the TDK trilogy, but Forever is no where close to those 3 films...If you said the Keaton films, then yes, they are better than TDKR, but Batman Begins and TDK>>>>

Just because something is bright, flashy, and loud as fukk doesn't mean its entertaining because its not.
It does if you have ADHD

(The people that prefer Forever definitely have ADHD)

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Anytime they speak about crime in these movies it's from the point of organized crime so this idea that batman can only be needed for organized crime and big crime makes no sense to me from a character standpoint. I get that is Nolan's interpretation but it rings false to me based on the character breh. I don't buy it and don't buy that he would just sit back especially since he mostly attributed it to Rachel not the fact that he wasn't needed. I even said if they kept it to that logic I could rock with it a bit more but throwing in the Rachel thing just nah.

Like I said he spends eight years waiting for crime to resurface, Alfred even tells him that("You hung up your cape and your cowl but you didn't move on. You didn't find someone". "You're not living you're just waiting for things to go bad again.") and it's why the Batcave was rebuilt(despite there being no crime in Gotham). It's also why he became a recluse. He didn't want to sit back, but he had to as Batman wasn't needed. Harvey Dent and The Dent act made him void. He tried to help Gotham with the whole clean energy thing, but it almost bankrupts his company and it gets shut down. The Batman persona is written as a disease that he needs to be cured of. It was eventually going to get him killed if he didn't and move on. Which leads to him making Batman a symbol to do so. Blake takes over and Bruce Wayne is given a second chance at life. Rachel's death simply stopped him from finding happiness with another person. The whole film is about Bruce having to move on, he has to move on from Rachel, he has to move on from Batman and he has to move on from Gotham. He does all three by the end of the film and finally finds happiness with Selina Kyle, whilst giving Gotham a never ending symbol of hope and a new Batman(Robin) in the process.

And what do you mean no explanation was given on him disappearing and having to steal to eat? We saw him ditch his coat any ID that was on him and hop the first freight out of Gotham. And it was pretty clear why he left as he was a lost soul who needed to find direction and a way to channel his anger and desire for vengeance. And when he came back it made sense and everyone reacted to him being back as if they saw a ghost.

After Bruce throws his ID away in the Gotham river, he travels around the world with no money or resources for seven years. He gets declared dead due to him being missing and has his shares embezzled. Despite all of that he's still able to travel around the world. It's never explained how he did so, just like how it's not explained how he got back into Gotham from the pit with no money or resources in Rises.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Like I said he spends eight years waiting for crime to resurface, Alfred even tells him that("You hung up your cape and your cowl but you didn't move on. You didn't find someone". "You're not living you're just waiting for things to go bad again.") and it's why the Batcave was rebuilt(despite there being no crime in Gotham). It's also why he became a recluse. He didn't want to sit back, but he had to as Batman wasn't needed. Harvey Dent and The Dent act made him void. He tried to help Gotham with the whole clean energy thing, but it almost bankrupts his company and it gets shut down. The Batman persona is written as a disease that he needs to be cured of. It was eventually going to get him killed if he didn't and move on. Which leads to him making Batman a symbol to do so. Blake takes over and Bruce Wayne is given a second chance at life. Rachel's death simply stopped him from finding happiness with another person. The whole film is about Bruce having to move on, he has to move on from Rachel, he has to move on from Batman and he has to move on from Gotham. He does all three by the end of the film and finally finds happiness with Selina Kyle, whilst giving Gotham a never ending symbol of hope and a new Batman(Robin) in the process.

After Bruce throws his ID away in the Gotham river, he travels around the world with no money or resources for seven years. He gets declared dead due to him being missing and has his shares embezzled. Despite all of that he's still able to travel around the world. It's never explained how he did so, just like how it's not explained how he got back into Gotham from the pit with no money or resources in Rises.

It's much easier for him to travel the world by just hitching rides and they set that up by showing him about to board a freight ship breh. And clearly the first time we see him he's in fights and stealing etc so he learns how to fend for himself and do what he needs to do. But it's set up in an establishing shot. Dark knight rises doesn't bother with that at all leaving me to guess how he did it as opposed to batman begins where it's pretty obvious what happened and how he did it

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
I hated the movie when I saw it when I was 11 in 1995. Even then I knew Jones's Two-Face was basically just The Joker. The bright colors was a big contrast to the previous films. I guess at the time I was spoiled by the animated series and the comics because I did not like it.

Now as an adult I can somewhat appreciate it since I understand why the tone changed from the Burton films (which I wasn't a huge fan of). It was definitely a product of the 90s.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Those mugs they had at McDonald's though >>>>>>>

91ZTy4wHSgL._SX355_.jpg