I'll tell ya what, Schumacher can say he made a decent Batman movie

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Y'all lyin you know liked the Mario Bros movie when you were a kid and watched it several times. :camby:

Same goes for all the other terrible movies you loved when you were a kid until you became a jaded teenager.

Nah homie, I rented that shyt, cut it off, threw it back in the box, and have never watched it again...it made me sad for everyone involved in it. mario brothers movie is something that should not exist.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

caoz1yX.gif

Poppa_Dock

:gladlebron:
Daps
Reppin
Banana Town
I just rewatched it for the first time last night since i saw it in theatres as a kid, opening night.

Time has not been kind. It was terrible.
when i saw this as a kid it was the first time i had movie buttered popcorn and i barfed all over the place.

I still think it's good
it tried to get dark, if you notice jim carry flips in and out of being playful and goofy to being a dark maniac, screaming and yelling. This movie could probably be better with a entirely new edit.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Nah homie, I rented that shyt, cut it off, threw it back in the box, and have never watched it again...it made me sad for everyone involved in it. mario brothers movie is something that should not exist.
Nah breh not mario

shyt man you guys were a lot tougher of a critic then I was at that age.

I'm pretty sure I liked everything when I was a kid.:manny:

Didn't really reach the age of cynicism until I was a teenager.

I was 13 when MK:A came out and yea it's like the fukkin worst movie of all time but back when I saw it in theaters I thought it was piff. :manny:

Guess I just didn't know the difference. :manny:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

I was 13 when MK:A came out and yea it's like the fukkin worst movie of all time but back when I saw it in theaters I thought it was piff. :manny:

It wasn't even the criticism breh it was just a feeling..like that feeling in your gut when you know something is off

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community

Mario came out when I was still in single digits and I couldn't wait for thr movie...when I finally watched it, I was bored and confused...the shyt made no sense, the goombas were wrong, and Koopa was NOT what we expected...that's why I upset...it didn't live up to my childhood excited expectation of crazy fukkery and fun...it was bland and confusing, so I hated it then

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Mario came out when I was still in single digits and I couldn't wait for thr movie...when I finally watched it, I was bored and confused...the shyt made no sense, the goombas were wrong, and Koopa was NOT what we expected...that's why I upset...it didn't live up to my childhood excited expectation of crazy fukkery and fun...it was bland and confusing, so I hated it then

It's pure fukery now tho trust me

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
kevin smith does commentaries for other peoples movies?

dude is a fukking loser jesus christ

Breh it's funny tho. It's him and a writer from the hollywood reporter and they do it for Smith's podcast, Fatman on Batman. It's funny and insightful at points. Only reason he keeps doing them is because the fans ask for them. He's done commentary tracks with Paul Dini for some animated batman episodes too

Poppa_Dock

:gladlebron:
Daps
Reppin
Banana Town
Breh it's funny tho. It's him and a writer from the hollywood reporter and they do it for Smith's podcast, Fatman on Batman. It's funny and insightful at points. Only reason he keeps doing them is because the fans ask for them. He's done commentary tracks with Paul Dini for some animated batman episodes too

Im listening right now it's not that bad. Dude is so full of himself though i can't stand it.:damn:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I can take the character presented as is but be true to the character that's my problem with the presentation. You're telling me that a guy who saw his parents die in front of him and decided to make himself into an ultimate crime fighting machine is going to sulk over a woman dying? A woman who was fukkin someone else mind you? Nah. Not that guy. If anything Rachel's death will make him double his efforts. I'd prefer them saying he hung up being batman because he had to due to being hunted etc but throwing the Rachel thing in there felt like a bad move seeing as how that relationship just didn't work and it was supposed to be the emotional core for the three movies. I don't mind changes to my comic book flicks I really don't just be true to the character and that is where we differ on the spider man flicks but like you said, different argument different thread. Hell my problem with the first two batman movies are his blatant usage of guns lol but I can let that go due to the other things I like. And those movies were made by someone who wasn't trying to make it very realistic like Nolan was. He wasn't trying to explain everything and say "this is how batman would really be"

And I'm with you on those plot holes breh and that's my thing: those plot holes didn't exist in the first two and if they did they weren't as gaping. When you're telling me this is how batman would really be don't expect me to ride with you when you tell me a broke billionaire with no money no Alfred and no nothing is going to be able to get from a land of huts to Gotham and magically show up right where Selina Kyle is without giving me SOME explanation. Even if it's a throwaway bit if dialogue give me something.

But you said it did more good for you than bad and I feel the same way about spidey so in that sense we're :obama:

:dahell:Dent's death led to the Dent act which lead to all the criminals being thrown into Blackgate Prison. The Joker destroyed the three mob families in the previous movie. There wasn't really any need for Gotham to have Batman or Batman to be Batman until Bane and his goons surfaced.

"a broke billionaire with no money no Alfred and no nothing is going to be able to get from a land of huts to Gotham and magically show up right where Selina Kyle is without giving me SOME explanation."

The same thing happened in the first movie, however Begins despite being grounded was always fantasy and still comic booky. Just look at the stuff with Scarecrow or the scene where Batman attracts the bats. It had a secret society of ninjas/assassins being trained in the Himalayas:heh: . However The Dark Knight abandoned all of that. The fantasy and "comicbooky" stuff was dropped for hyper-realism and to make it a crime/drama. Look at what was stripped from The Joker. Look at how Gotham becomes another regular American City. He sort of tried to bring it(fantasy elements) back in the third but people weren't going to have after what he did with The Dark Knight.