I'll tell ya what, Schumacher can say he made a decent Batman movie

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Batman Forever is a decent movie, but you could see the symptoms of everything that would go wrong with B&R and that's why its reputation is more unfavorable than it really is. Jim Carrey was a great Riddler and despite some serious overacting, Tommy Lee Jones made a good Two-Face.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Man...there's a lot that goes into both of these last batman movies so I'm going to start with the fact that I do enjoy Batman Forever. It's a decent flick, definitely has some questionable things but it's cohesive and works with what it's trying to do. It has some more accurate batman moments than the first two and unlike those two movies, this one is actually about Batman. The moment at the circus is cool, the opening scene is dope (although Tommy Lee is doing a Nicholson impression and it's terrible) The Riddler is on point, and Val Kilmer is pretty good, not great but pretty good.

However, Robin shouldn't be a grown ass man...why is he a ward of the state when his parents die? That nikka looks 28, let him take care of his own damn self. Tommy Lee Jones never takes his performance down from Two-Face until the end of the movie where he remembers that he's playing a guy with split personalities. Nicole Kidman is bad as fukk as Chase Meridian but any scene with she and Bruce just doesn't work. But the real issue with the movie is Batman Returns. The reason Schumacher's flicks have the tone they have, especially the fourth one, is because Batman Returns comes out, makes less than the first but still a success, but also gets parents upset and their corporate sponsors (if you're in your mid-late 20s and up, you should remember the McDonald's happy meal toys for Batman Returns and the frisbee lids they had for their large drinks). So when the movie comes out and it features murder, attempted homicide of babies, a woman being punched, kicked, and assaulted with acid (all by the lead hero mind you), and one villain constantly talking about taking advantage of women in order to get his beak wet, needless to say that a lot of people weren't happy with Warner Bros. So, they took back control from Burton, he handpicked Schumacher and he was told the general direction the film should go. They wanted it lighter and that's what he gave them

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
As a Kid, I only thought it was ok because I hated not having Keaton back as Batman and all the fukking colors got on my nerves...but Jim Carrey could do no wrong in my eyes when I was a kid

As an adult, its unwatchable...I can't get through the first 30 minutes

Daps
Reppin
NULL
This shyt was a step down visually, jim carey was too damn much, and two face was his side kick

costume's were terrible, bat mobile had the be the worst looking one ever made, robin was terrible,

Val Kilmer could've been a good bruce wayne batman if he had better shyt to work worth

Young Bishop

Piff Poster
Daps
Reppin
Broward County
The soundtrack is what gave Batman Forever it's praise. The actual movie was really forgettable. I remember thinking it wasn't at the same level as the first two when I saw it as a kid.

:ohlawd:Lord knows that soundtrack was great.I still play that whole album sometimes. The movie on the other hand I love it as a kid,and still like it as a adult. Now the Batman and Robin movie on the other hand was pure trash. Unless you talking about the soundtrack which was the only great thing about that movie.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:ohlawd:Lord knows that soundtrack was great.I still play that whole album sometimes. The movie on the other hand I love it as a kid,and still like it as a adult. Now the Batman and Robin movie on the other hand was pure trash. Unless you talking about the soundtrack which was the only great thing about that movie.

Soundtrack is awesome

Daps
Reppin
NYC
The reason Schumacher's flicks have the tone they have, especially the fourth one, is because Batman Returns comes out, makes less than the first but still a success, but also gets parents upset and their corporate sponsors (if you're in your mid-late 20s and up, you should remember the McDonald's happy meal toys for Batman Returns and the frisbee lids they had for their large drinks). So when the movie comes out and it features murder, attempted homicide of babies, a woman being punched, kicked, and assaulted with acid (all by the lead hero mind you), and one villain constantly talking about taking advantage of women in order to get his beak wet, needless to say that a lot of people weren't happy with Warner Bros. So, they took back control from Burton, he handpicked Schumacher and he was told the general direction the film should go. They wanted it lighter and that's what he gave them

Soft ass parents ruining it for the rest of us. Burton was 2 for 2 and coulda had a 3rd at bat. :snoop:

Nothing in Batman Returns was "unsuitable" for kids but I at the same time I guess I got no beef with the studio wanting something a lil lighter.