IGN posts a scathing review of NBA 2K24, says microtransactions make the game nearly unplayable

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

"MyCareer is a nearly unplayable unless you decide to open your wallet or endure an absurd grind while mechanics like badge regression reinforce the worst parts of the micro transaction scheme".

Badges regress now? You have to play 3-4 seasons or shell out $30 to create a decent shooting guard? Why do you guys keep supporting Take Two when they disrespect the hell out of you, treating your $70 purchase like a free-to-play cell phone game?

I used to LOVE 2K. I can't support this anymore. We gotta vote with our wallets, guys.

Hopefully this is their Resident Evil 6 moment. Get back to the basics or gtfoh

• Dap
Reactions: NZA

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
The last 2k game I really fukked with:

nba_2k6__89559.1463756942.jpg

Played the SHYT out of that in college. :flabbynsick:

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
Should’ve gave it a 5

2k BEEN forcing nikkas to open up their wallets to be competitive or build a decent player…starting players at 60 is disrespectful in itself and when I heard mfs paying an extra $100 in VC or BUDGETING extra money for VC I knew the end was near.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
they gave 2k23 a 6 as well for similar reasons and I LOVE playing that game…I still respect their reviewers’ opinions for the most part but they’re not the end all be all…ultimately I decide for myself if a game is for me or not after considering multiple publications, reviews, gameplay videos, etc.

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
Because EA and 2K control those licenses with an iron grip and dont need to innovate nothing because dumbass fans keep buying it no matter what...:mjgrin:
Exactly what I said breh.

NBA2K took over when NBA Live embarrassed itself with that Jesus bug. EA basically killed the Live franchise and everyone clicked to 2K. Does 2k exclusively have the NBA license now?

Madden having the NFL license has killed football games.

It's just sad out here. Fifa is stagnant. I don't know nothing about hockey games.

Seems The Show is the only one worth following.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
:ufdup: We shouldn’t trust IGN after their GOD Hand review.

Man I was done with them after that blatant bullshyt ME3 review and then they had the nerve to defend it even though everybody on their site downvoted it. :scust: the fix was in. I tossed them in the bushes... arrogant ass cacs...

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
Man I was done with them after that blatant bullshyt ME3 review and then they had the nerve to defend it even though everybody on their site downvoted it. :scust: the fix was in. I tossed them in the bushes... arrogant ass cacs...
Mass effect 3?

That was one of the best games of its generation, the whole mass effect trilogy was one of the best trilogies in gaming history

It’s weird how people really act like it was a bad game cause they didn’t like the ending