If you was a black celebrity and “worth” 200 million how would you go about helping the black community 🤔

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
I’d put my own personal money into the middle and high school I went to and start an initiative with donors to help the other at risk schools in my hometown.

mc_brew

#NotMyPresident
Daps
Reppin
the black cat is my crown...
$200M huh......? :lupe:

i'd have to start a school and a grocery store.... although with only $200M i wouldn't be able to serve too many people.... but maybe i could build a blueprint and inspire others to follow....

the school would have to push kids beyond the standard and be best in class.... i would also teach self defense and conflict resolution... and i'd use technology to make learning fun... give kids an opportunity to use the knowledge they have obtained to do fun and interesting things... it's hard to learn when you can't see the practicality of what you have learned....

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
I'd likely do something trying to give scholarships to kids, or invest money in after school programs and rec centers to expose them to different interests. Probably would get into mental health and lean towards the men and the black man's experience.

I'd be trying to make my impact on a local (county/multi-county) level.

Democrat.

GMB.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
You don't give the money away to try to help.

You build something.

For instance. If you make clothes or shoes you should make them in your home town, not Korea. If you make TV or movies you should produce them in your home town.

You could make food products, children's books, or high quality dice or dominoes.. just employ your home boys and girls (literally people from your home town).

If you had a business campus to design and manufacture high quality dice and dominoes, there would be a need for food service, transportation, child care, housing, and security to support the campus. You see how this blossoms. Just put the business in the hood and hire the denizens.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
Education and inspiration are the key

1. I'd have a Black wife that is educated and intelligent that I could trust. This is important.

2. I'd start an elite Black private or boarding school with national pull with 25-50% of students getting free tuition.

3. Adopt a 2nd tier HBCU and support with donations and scholarships

4. Free six week summer camps around the country for Black middle schoolers and high schoolers for academic and SAT prep.

5. Private equity group that invests in small Black businesses to provide working capital and operational consulting

6. Develop a planned town for Black middle class residents with top public schools and city services

ajnapoleon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Education and inspiration are the key

1. I'd have a Black wife that is educated and intelligent that I could trust. This is important.

2. I'd start an elite Black private or boarding school with national pull with 25-50% of students getting free tuition.

3. Adopt a 2nd tier HBCU and support with donations and scholarships

4. Free six week summer camps around the country for Black middle schoolers and high schoolers for academic and SAT prep.

5. Private equity group that invests in small Black businesses to provide working capital and operational consulting

6. Develop a planned town for Black middle class residents with top public schools and city services
So burn through all you built up

That takes a lot of money and time

You do have a occupation you know that right?

Does that mean you would get your wife to handle the this?

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
So burn through all you built up

That takes a lot of money and time

You do have a occupation you know that right?

Does that mean you would get your wife to handle the this?

#2 would be designed to be nearly cost neutral. I would have others running it.

#3 I can pace. $1m per year or 0.5% interest off my wealth.

#4 I could easily finance this off interest on my wealth. 1% at $2m a year could cover much of this if planned right. Again, others would manage it.

#5 private equity makes money. Grow these companies and either have the owner buy me out or sell it for a payday for me and the owner :yeshrug:

#6 I could basically set up a fund and attract investors. Don't have to just use my cash.

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
Invest into an intellectual think tank to come up with solutions. However, we really need to drop this rich black savior mentality.

Spiider

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I would produce a TV show that’s like Shark Tank but we only invest in black owned businesses