"If you hate cops just because they're cops next time you're in trouble call a crackhead "

Reflected

Living in fear in the year of the tiger.
Daps
What if i don’t hate cops because they’re cops, but hate them because they break the law and are racist?
See, that's the problem, the cops have so much leeway with discretion, that technically, they aren't often breaking the law, which is why they either get a slap on the wrist or can go on to work for another station if fired.

Police have far too much discretion and too little intelligence and temperament to make reasonable decisions in intense situations that are essentially brand new to them. Without this recognition, and I think it a major aspect of police reform, we can't make any changes that will notably impact police interactions.

There is also just this major issue where we don't have enough cops, smart people don't want to be cops, thus more dumb people going into the force. We also need to make major changes that curtail the need for as much police surveillance, socioeconomic wise, in order to alleviate this burden and thus the probability that dumb people make it into the position. Of course, with changes there, we can provide greater incentives so that we can attract the minds we want on the force.

That issue is obviously more complex than what I'm willing to type here, just getting the ball rolling on what I think is the wise approach to fixing this police mess.

Reflected

Living in fear in the year of the tiger.
Daps
Who's to say when anyone calls 911 they aren't dealing with crackheads? Departments do not conduct daily, months or annual drug tests, and we know they don't have the people with the highest standards.

In fact have any police union in America require monthly drugs tests and see how fast that gets shut down.
:mjlol:

This irony will never escape me:

3ca8f2d373ee13d3859a591302641354.jpg

Ronnie Coleman was on the force at the peak of his career, so he was using illegal substances while likely booking people for illegal substances. But yeah, you bring up a really potent point.

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
I've dealt with good and bad cops. Was profiled by 5-0 and helped out big time by 5-0.

Like any other profession you got idiots and competent people.

Hating them for the sake of hating them is stupid and childish. Just be smart in how you interact with them. :yeshrug:
A police officer can be cool. "The Police" as an institution have been racist and corrupt from the beginning. Police officers, including the "good ones", circle the wagons to protect the bad. If they were serious about accountability, they'd stop invoking qualified immunity.

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I haven’t ever once called the cops. I’ve been jumped/robbed/burglarized In my 30 plus years. If some shyt happens to me I deal with it. N I don’t mean in a super thug way just in a wtf are the cops going to ACTUALLY DO TO HELP ME? Way.

In the car accidents I’ve been in I was in a small town so the boys was always down the road anyway. What’s with all this “ if something happen u gonna call the cops!!!” Talk????
Pay taxes for no reason brehs...:russ:

Its like paying for a pizza delivery or a door dash, but still driving to the store anyway to pick up food yourself.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
I haven’t ever once called the cops. I’ve been jumped/robbed/burglarized In my 30 plus years. If some shyt happens to me I deal with it. N I don’t mean in a super thug way just in a wtf are the cops going to ACTUALLY DO TO HELP ME? Way.

In the car accidents I’ve been in I was in a small town so the boys was always down the road anyway. What’s with all this “ if something happen u gonna call the cops!!!” Talk????
You’re paying them though. I get you don’t like them but put them fools to work when you need to. Man don’t ever say that to anybody outside of this site cause they’re going to call you easy lick status.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Do you know how pissed off I was when those two were killed?

Don't start with me on the Sabbath day.

The actions of idiots don't negate the good work done by competent people. The corrupt ones should definitely be held accountable and jailed.

I'm not going to lie on an internet forum and pretend the police never cut me a break or helped me out. Your pride may be too big to admit it, but mine isn't.

That was yesterday fyi.