"If God Existed Then Why Doesn't he stop shootings and rapes"

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
what does that have to do with giving his creations free will? which = the ability to LOVE HIM without him FORCING them too?

Omnipotent - having unlimited power; able to do anything.

He can still possess that power and still have rules set in place that says he wont intervene in every single situation, not because he can't. but because he chooses not to in order to give you ROOM to CHOOSE.

The guy in the video is simply saying, if God stopped every bad thing from happening. he would in essence be forcing each individual to Love him. because loving God = Obeying God = not sinning. If he forces you to never sin, he's forcing you to never disobey = forcing you to Love him.

^^That is the equation.
Isn't he all seeing, all knowing? Doesn't put things in place to happen?

How can there be free will if he already knows the end of the movie?

He won't intervene in a campus shooting to give you room to do what? Get shot or run.....?

No Sleep

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Souf Caro
Isn't he all seeing, all knowing? Doesn't put things in place to happen?

How can there be free will if he already knows the end of the movie?

He won't intervene in a campus shooting to give you room to do what? Get shot or run.....?

But he will interfere when someone is in a bad car wreck but make it out. I don't understand.

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Yes, he did create us to harm each other.
If he created us, knowing we would harm each other, what do you think his "intention" was? That we would rape and murder enough people to make life a "gift?"
And why does freedom have to include harm?
You're creating the parameters for your beliefs, they aren't there by nature.
No he didn't create us to harm each other. Think like a creator for a minute. If you created some beings would you limit their choices? Or would you love them enough to give them complete freedom over their destinies? Freedom has the right to harm and hurt or even kill or it wouldn't really be freedom.

Silkk

Daps
Also, i love when we can have these discussions without it breaking out into some R=G craziness

Silkk

Daps
No he didn't create us to harm each other. Think like a creator for a minute. If you created some beings would you limit their choices? Or would you love them enough to give them complete freedom over their destinies? Freedom has the right to harm and hurt or even kill or it wouldn't really be freedom.
I would limit them from being able to kill each other, why wouldn't I? :wtf:

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
I believe in a creator that doesn't really care for humans. He views us the same way we view ants and I don't see anyone stopping ants from fighting and killing each other :ehh:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I was an atheist for about 10 years.

Needless to say I was a lost soul with no direction and my priorities were all fukked up.

Since giving myself to God I found a career path, became more in tune with my emotions and my feelings, became extremely more confident in myself, and now I actually have a purpose and wish to one day have a family of my own.

These were things I never thought possible 6-7 years ago but here I am, and it all started because I felt the grace of God and took the leap of faith that maybe...just maybe... I'm not here by accident.

If you don't wanna believe I cannot make you, but being that I am someone who's been on both sides of the fence... I can never EVER see myself going back.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I would stop them from raping and committing genocide :what:
What kind of psychopathic shyt is this, "I love them so create them knowing they'll brutally murder each other." :dahell:

No Sleep

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Souf Caro

Yeah, but still he is all forgiven. People use this free will and there is still a chance he'll forgive.

Hell, some people in life HE NEVER gave freedom

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I would limit them from being able to kill each other, why wouldn't I? :wtf:
...because you would limit their sovereignty as beings. If they are special beings who are created in your image then you would want them to be able / have the ability to choose right from wrong.

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I would stop them from raping and committing genocide :what:
What kind of psychopathic shyt is this, "I love them so create them knowing they'll brutally murder each other." :dahell:
I'm not saying that you would want them to kill each other but you would want them to have a choice to be brutal or kind. You can only know one aspect of life if you are familiar with the another. That's the same reason who would give them a spectrum of emotions that would range from happy to angry to sad - because you would want them to fully experience reality.

Silkk

Daps
...because you would limit their sovereignty as beings. If they are special beings who are created in your image then you would want them to be able / have the ability to choose right from wrong.
No I Would Not. :wtf:

Stopping foolish & unneccesary death > limiting sovereignty

You think when parents who lose their kids to gun violence are at the funeral thinking ":ehh: at least we have that sovereignty"

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
This is a funny debate.

There was a recent thread about a black woman getting spit on by a white dude and posters were in it going off on the black guys who watched it happen.

"why didn't they do anything??? why did they just stand there and let that happen?"

God is lucky he can sit back and just watch the show without being judged but us puny humans gotta be superman and save the day 24/7 :francis:

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
No I Would Not. :wtf:

Stopping foolish & unneccesary death > limiting sovereignty

You think when parents who lose their kids to gun violence are at the funeral thinking ":ehh: at least we have that sovereignty"
That's why parent's aren't gods. A god / God would want to know that he gave them the full ability to choose. Plus isn't that what religion / spirituality is for ... as a manual / guide / template on what to do or what not to do in this existence?

Silkk

Daps
That's why parent's aren't gods. A god / God would want to know that he gave them the full ability to choose. Plus isn't that what religion / spirituality is for ... as a manual / guide / template on what to do or what not to do in this existence?
Full ability to choose? To choose to get killed? :what: