"If God Existed Then Why Doesn't he stop shootings and rapes"

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you want people to NOT have faith?

tumblr_mfv0a2QELG1qe8a0fo1_500.gif

Faith in an all-powerful loving creator, to me, is a byproduct of ignorance. Ignorance is not necessarily a reflection of malice or stupidity, but it certainly can breed both.

Knowledge is power. If I want to educate and empower people, the last thing I want them to do is believe wholeheartedly in ancient creator myths and to rely on such when making everyday decisions. :francis:

Entrapta310

:umad?:
Daps
tumblr_mfv0a2QELG1qe8a0fo1_500.gif

Faith in an all-powerful loving creator, to me, is a byproduct of ignorance. Ignorance is not necessarily a reflection of malice or stupidity, but it certainly can breed both.

Knowledge is power. If I want to educate and empower people, the last thing I want them to do is believe wholeheartedly in ancient creator myths and to rely on such when making everyday decisions. :francis:

i never said he was all loving. even he warned he has vengeance.
so by you thinking that GOD loves EVERYONE is ignorant

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Then why the fukk do we pray to God then?:why:
Why the fukk do you do anything? Why you do something is mostly subjective.
:ufdup:but in terms of the reason why it is a good idea to pray - you pray because you want to know the creator and to get guidance from said creator

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
This is a stupid argument. Nobody will convince someone their way of thinking is 'stupid'. Its a valid conversation for those interested in actually engaging in it but most of ya'll just get off on trying to call people on the internet stupid with no repercussions because even if they come back with solid arguments you can just ignore it
I know right. This is the stuff of high philosophy (Aristotle, Aquinas etc.) but they would rather call people idiots than engage in this sort of speculation.

Solomon Caine

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
in the shadows
I really hope someone addressed this. Life isn't meant to be anything. People just find ways to rationalize different things. A child born into the household of a successful venture capitalist/hedge fund manager will never experience the daily struggles of a child born into one of the poorest households in the world. Don't give me that "everyone has a different journey/degree of struggle" BS either. :stopitslime:
Yeah assume just because someone is born with a silver spoon in his mouth that he is immune to depression, loneliness, drug abuse, disease, bad family etc. Not saying that all well off people have these problems, but you never know what type of baggage everyone is carrying around. You probably think this life is all we got, of course we are not going to see things through the same lens.