"If God Existed Then Why Doesn't he stop shootings and rapes"

Stacker Pentecost

Superstar
Daps
I like to think of God as like a clockmaker :yeshrug:

You can make the clock, you can set the clock, you can wind it up, all that... but the clock might run fast... It might run slow... It might make a weird ticking sound... It might do all kinds of things... You open it up from time to time to check on it but for the most part you just wind it up and let it go. God just lets us do our own thing, we all have free will and whatnot... :yeshrug:

EDIT: And I don't really believe in 'God' in the sense of a being sitting on high... I think of a SOMETHING that's out there looking out tho :yeshrug:

Had too much shyt go my way in my life when it could have gone REALLY wrong to believe otherwise.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
From what I've read in the Quran. I can't explain God's thought processes but I've read the certainties are that:

1) There is only one God
2) There will be a day of judgement

As for their being only one God, in terms of Occam's Razor, the simplest answer is usually the most logically-sound, there is only one God as who would be the creator of God, if there were multiple Gods wouldn't it complicate it and raise further questions?

We all know the universe has a point of creation, therefore doesn't it make sense that it would have a single unmovable all-powerful creator? This is an argue net that Aristotle outlined which you can research into.

:snoop: These are my issues with religion and "god":

-God always takes on human characteristics. Things like judgment, love, good/evil are human ideas/concepts. Men refer to god as he, women as her. Why would god be defined by sex? It's like watching an alien movie where the extraterrestrials have two eyes, arms, and legs or look similar to something on earth. It's because we can only pull from our extremely limited knowledge. We are using that limited knowledge to create a narrative of a man in the clouds. It's a story that disregards logic but demands strict adherence.

-Religion never changes. Whatever they said centuries or millennia ago still applies now. A man gathering animals and putting them on a ship may have seemed plausible at one point but it's laughable today.

-Everything revolves around human beings. Religion places us as the most important thing to god. This may have made sense back when we thought the earth was the be all end all. It doesn't make sense when we realize that the universe may be infinite. Why would an omnipotent being place so much stock in a low life form. We'd be lower than ants to god. When's the last time you cared about an ant?

Daps
Why do atheist always come across so angry, arrogant and disrespectful to people who actually believe? I'm not a huge religious person but I do believe in a creator. I respect everybody's belief in whatever they chose...even if u don't believe, I respect it, it don't fukk up my emotions lol... It's just :pachaha: when I see atheist whether in real life or on this board get emotional or irritated when talking about this "fake God"...if he's fugazi then why does it get under your skin so much...why can't u just be on some "hey if that's what u believe, I respect it" and move on...people believing in a God to make themselves and their lives better hurts your feelings that much?
I have never met an atheist who wasn't a complete arrogant a$$hole tbh.

Everythingg

King-Over-Kingz
Bushed
Daps
This makes no sense to me I have said this on here before if he gives everyone free will whats it this gods plan shyt religious people are always talking about?

The plan you can CHOOSE to be a part of or CHOOSE to oppose.

Everythingg

King-Over-Kingz
Bushed
Daps
:snoop: These are my issues with religion and "god":

-God always takes on human characteristics. Things like judgment, love, good/evil are human ideas/concepts. Men refer to god as he, women as her. Why would god be defined by sex? It's like watching an alien movie where the extraterrestrials have two eyes, arms, and legs or look similar to something on earth. It's because we can only pull from our extremely limited knowledge. We are using that limited knowledge to create a narrative of a man in the clouds. It's a story that disregards logic but demands strict adherence.

-Religion never changes. Whatever they said centuries or millennia ago still applies now. A man gathering animals and putting them on a ship may have seemed plausible at one point but it's laughable today.

-Everything revolves around human beings. Religion places us as the most important thing to god. This may have made sense back when we thought the earth was the be all end all. It doesn't make sense when we realize that the universe may be infinite. Why would an omnipotent being place so much stock in a low life form. We'd be lower than ants to god. When's the last time you cared about an ant?

1. "God" takes human characteristics so humans can actually understand Him. How else would you explain something out of this world without using human characteristics/terminology to explain it?

2. The story of Noah has NOTHING to do with religion. A community of people (the Hebrews) said it was a story that took place. Why would they choose to rewrite the story at a later date because they don't want to believe?

3. Consciousness is a spotlight. Meaning to each sentiment being, its own existence is MOST important. So with the bible, we were/are shown a basic script to our existence because that's what matters most to US to which it was given. "God" can have a plan for the rest of the universe while still having that plan for humanity.

It's not difficult. It just involves starting from scratch and searching for the truth in humbleness :manny:

Thsnnor

Believer in Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jesus
Nah.
If GM made the car, and sold it to you, knowing exactly when it would be stolen and who would steal it, and they also knew it would crashed, then it would be GM's fault.

Did GM hire the guy to steal it?

Thsnnor

Believer in Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jesus
This is not true.
The only documents that say Jesus died on the cross are the religious documents written and compiled by newly converted Christians and ex-Jewish clerics starting nearly 60 years after his historical death. We call some of these texts "Books of the New Testament." There are not outside texts that show he "died on the cross."

I said the only place in historical documents where Jesus DIDN'T die was the Koran. That is a fact.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
1. "God" takes human characteristics so humans can actually understand Him. How else would you explain something out of this world without using human characteristics/terminology to explain it?

2. The story of Noah has NOTHING to do with religion. A community of people (the Hebrews) said it was a story that took place. Why would they choose to rewrite the story at a later date because they don't want to believe?

3. Consciousness is a spotlight. Meaning to each sentiment being, its own existence is MOST important. So with the bible, we were/are shown a basic script to our existence because that's what matters most to US to which it was given. "God" can have a plan for the rest of the universe while still having that plan for humanity.

It's not difficult. It just involves starting from scratch and searching for the truth in humbleness :manny:

1.God doesn't take on human characteristics. Humans created the idea of gods and give them human characteristics.

2. The story of Noah has it's place in Christianty which is a religion. It's not about the story being rewritten to fit today. It's about seeing how primitive and impossible it is given our current understanding. A rewrite would be a damning admission of it's flaws.

3. :martin:

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I just think it is funny to see atheists talk about removing God and religion as if it will fix or cure everything wrong in the world... it is probably the opposite. I just watched a church buy a car for a single mother that had to walk her kids to school.. let a bunch of atheists form anything and do that. Regardless of what you believe in you need to accept the fact that churches have done some good in ghetto communities. So live and let live and stop acting like your non believeing in anything ass is going to get out there and try and help others because you believe in the good of evolution or some other bullshyt.
Absolutely nothing about this is relevant to the conversation, or even solid in general.
Atheists don't save removing God will cure everything, most don't care one way or the other, and anti-theists see it as one large problem, in a group of large problems.
And I see people do things for single mothers everyday, I'm pretty sure 2 Chainz bought an entire family a house + a year of utilities, Serena Williams has built like 3 hospitals, etc. Churches doing a few good deeds a year doesn't take away from the issues of religious bodies as a whole.
And I do plenty of community service work, more than most people, and honestly more than I have time for. Same for almost every other atheist I know.
Your post rings of bitterness, are you okay? I'm here to talk to.