Idris Elba Drags Samuel Jackson For Attempting To Divide Black Actors

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Why British nikkas playing AA men anyways...I agree :yeshrug:

Africans wasn't happen when they had Will Smith playing that Nigerian doctor.
That's because Wil Smith isn't the best of actors and sounded fugazi as fuk. Did you have a problem with idris british(ness) when he lit up the screen as stronger bell?Anyways I see sam's point he's coming from a narrow point of view of plan old protectionism.

But to try and say because a black is from a different place on earth he isn't suited to play a part is asinine. chitwetel sucked as the lead in 12 years a slave not cuz of his nationality but due to not bein lead material. The gravity of the role swallowed him up. It's like Jamie Foxx sucked in django because he is hit and miss as an actor as with any actor.

Actors act, even if there Is a history of interracial relationships and mixtures in Britain so when a British actor plays a racially charged AA role he has to recall an incident of racism to emote?:why: One could easily emote from recalling the death of a dog, it's called acting. The best ones get away with it quite well

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
That's because Wil Smith isn't the best of actors and sounded fugazi as fuk. Did you have a problem with idris british(ness) when he lit up the screen as stronger bell?Anyways I see sam's point he's coming from a narrow point of view of plan old protectionism.

But to try and say because a black is from a different place on earth he isn't suited to play a part is asinine. chitwetel sucked as the lead in 12 years a slave not cuz of his nationality but due to not bein lead material. The gravity of the role swallowed him up, Jamie Foxx sucked in django because he is hit and miss as an actor as with any actor.

Actors act, even if there Is a history of interracial relationships and mixtures in Britain so when an British actor plays a racially charged AA role he has to recall an incident of racism to emote?:why: One could easily emote from recalling the death of a dog, it's called acting. The best ones get away with it quite well
:mjlol:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Sam Jackson was right though....

The problem is people were spinning it as him going at Black Brits, when in reality he was going on the casting directors and agencies in Hollywood. They have a tendency to just assume that black folks from the UK are better actors than Black Americans. To be fair they do the same thing with white actors, white actors from the UK and Australia get a lot of roles because they're perceived to be better actors by casting agents.
the problem is Sam fukking admitted they have better training... then brushed it off with no explanation

"They think they’re better-trained, for some reason, than we are because they’re classically trained. I don’t know what the love affair is with all that. It’s all good."

so he admits that they are classically trained.. then just says he doesn't know why they love that fact

ummmmm cause it means they have better training nikka... one plus one equals two.. if i'm going to have someone fix my house, do i want a guy who went to school for it or a guy standing outside home depot?

parallax

Superstar
Daps
the problem is Sam fukking admitted they have better training... then brushed it off with no explanation

"They think they’re better-trained, for some reason, than we are because they’re classically trained. I don’t know what the love affair is with all that. It’s all good."

so he admits that they are classically trained.. then just says he doesn't know why they love that fact

ummmmm cause it means they have better training nikka... one plus one equals two.. if i'm going to have someone fix my house, do i want a guy who went to school for it or a guy standing outside home depot?

because you have classical training doesnt mean youre better trained when it comes acting though. thats his point. just because a guy went to school for fixing houses doesnt mean hes any good at it. its like people that went to college but came away with worthless degrees

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Foreign blacks eat up affirmative action in college & jobs meant for AA decendants of slaves. Foreign need to play in the general pool in general.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

No it doesn't.... you placing them higher cause they have a white co-sign......

Edub

Veteran
Daps
Why British nikkas playing AA men anyways...I agree :yeshrug:

Africans wasn't happen when they had Will Smith playing that Nigerian doctor.
I do agree with the bolded....but we gotta focus on who the true enemy is in all this is, and that is cac/other minority producer/directors who simply feel more comfortable and relatable to a black man with a white English accent.....it's not idris fault their racism is his opportunity....tho he could get hip to the game and plan wit brehs to create their own Hollywood content.........at the end of the day the struggle of all black men is the realization that they have to become a boss in whatever field they choose to partake in for a livelihood...........it's necessity, we cannot be role players/servant/employee for long or accept eventual disrespect, short end of the stick, mal, mistreatment. It's tough but we have that metal that it takes. Can't keep striking deals or beggin for changes....gotta strive for leverage.