Idris Elba Drags Samuel Jackson For Attempting To Divide Black Actors

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Yes sir, gladly.

The big picture = the way the business works, a business controlled by white people.
Now I'm not trying to do some 'lemme tell you how the world works my G' shyt. This is just my 2 cents.

The GAIN that Samuel L. Jackson could get for 'black American actors' comes with the price of 2 things
1) a bigger divide between black actors as a whole
2) a message that says 'we black actors are divided'

You could be from ANYWHERE. If you're black, and you're SKILLED AF, I'm rooting for you - even if that means competition.

Why?

Because we are playing in THEIR world. Their being white studios, white Producers, white funding, white everything. And the more talented black actors put on aweinspiring performances.. the more white owners will think 'this makes money.. let's do more'. The more division there is, the more noise, the more negativity.. the more white owners will think (and Samuel L. Jackson is a WORLD FAMOUS CELEBRITY) 'ok this is trouble.. let's stick with white actors'.

So the big picture is not about the passport of the actor. Can anybody seriously say Idris Elba as Stringer Bell wasn't genius? No. We need more of that and whether he's from London or from NYC (Idris actually lived and DJ'd in NYC as a struggling actor..) doesn't matter. The more division, the more we from a distance look like we're a bunch of animals fighting. When is the LAST TIME you heard a white American actor say 'Wow.. Christian Bale.. he's not even from the US and he's playing Batman...'. No. It's called getting the big picture. Bale's movie works.. more great movies will be funded.. is more work.

I hope this didn't come down as 'teachey' this is merely my 2 cents.

TL;DR: if we look divided, we look like trouble and less black men will be hired for movies. If we stand united, more black men will have a chance to give great performances which in turn will inspire white owners to create more movies featuring black men = even more opportunities for black men

you honestly believe this? i applaud your optimism, and thats not sarcasm. we could be as united as a wall and it wouldnt matter. im not gonna chastise sam for his opinion on this or you for yours, but why is noone coming with the idea to strengthen black actors in the uk? it always some sort of defeated excuse that shyt isnt popping there for black actors, yet more black actors keep coming from england?

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
If the Bias is indeed a real thing and Black American actors are being left behind in American made movies, for black american roles. Then Sam should def speak up on the bullshyt. What would black Brits say if black americans were taking all the black brit roles in these Guy Ritchie films made on English soil?

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If the Bias is indeed a real thing and Black American actors are being left behind in American made movies, for black american roles. Then Sam should def speak up on the bullshyt. What would black Brits say if black americans were taking all the black brit roles in these Guy Ritchie films made on English soil?
we wouoldnt care, but black american actors are terrible at accents so that probably wouldnt be easy for them. guy richie and others rarely cast black people anyway

JahBuhLun

Graphic Alchemist
Daps
he looks 35 at best breh
The guy that starred in Get Out is basically 30. I'd be interested to know who auditioned for the role. In the end, it worked out, he did his thing in the movie and it was a hit. But you would lose your shyt if a they were going to cast a Black James Bond and Michael B. Jordan got the role over any Black british actor....

Mr. McDowell

The Brotha's Got His Own Money
Daps
Reppin
Jamaica Estates
there are fantastic picks in there. but outside of glover, and hopefully ali, none of them are big names. i mean stansfield and and the hodge brothers should be huge based on their talent, and i know boseman is gonna kill come february, but in an industry with so many limited roles, they should be competing with each other, not brits

Superstardom isn't a guarantee. The fact they are working consistently and some are starring in movies and shows is a good thing. The audience decides if you are a star by supporting you.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
The guy that starred in Get Out is basically 30. I'd be interested to know who auditioned for the role. In the end, it worked out, he did his thing in the movie and it was a hit. But you would lose your shyt if a they were going to cast a Black James Bond and Michael B. Jordan got the role over any Black british actor....
Peele wanted John Boyega for the role originally. Then once he passed he just auditioned the best available and Kaluuya just so happen to stand out the most.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
prove me wrong

show me 7 examples of good accents by american black actors

im struggling to think of 7 roles

Forest Whitaker as idi amin

Don Cheadle as Paul Rusesabagina( his british accent was shyt though, im starting think that was intentional)

Mahershala Ali as mombasa in predators

Chadwick Boseman as jacob king in message from the king

Aldis Hodge had done a few accents in leverage