Idris Elba Drags Samuel Jackson For Attempting To Divide Black Actors

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
I get both perspectives so I'm not sure how I feel about this. I have noticed that British and Australian actors have been getting more and more roles. Right now Spider-Man and Superman are being played by Brits so that should tell you how casting directors act now.

I don't want a divide, especially with black actors who had to grow up in majority white countries as well but there also needs to be a way for Black Americans to get roles.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why British nikkas playing AA men anyways...I agree :yeshrug:

Africans wasn't happen when they had Will Smith playing that Nigerian doctor.
are you being serious?

black is black, why can't a english actor play an american role?

the reason people were mad at will smith isn't because he is america, it was because like alot of american black actors he was horrible at doing the accent.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel this way about British/Aussie actors/actresses across the board. But it especially hits home in some of these stories pivotal to black american experiences or history being given to africans or brits. :manny:
what could someone like myself, black... born in england not be able to relate to about black americans?

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
British actors take all of the American acting jobs, even the comic book ones. White actors play Americans all the time.

I think Dule Hill or Omar Epps would've killed it in Get Out....

nah. Omar Epps is old breh. the entire relationship dynamic would have had to be aged up if they chose him. that would have been a really lazy choice imo.

Jards

All Star
Daps
Why British nikkas playing AA men anyways...I agree :yeshrug:

Africans wasn't happen when they had Will Smith playing that Nigerian doctor.
That's because it's Will Smith - nikka should stick to his lane. No-one had a problem with Denzel playing Steve Biko and rightly so. By this rationale Black Panther should be played by an African in the upcoming movie.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
British actors and rappers taking our jobs!!!!! :skip:

They're "cheaper" Sam. That's the American Way!!!

Seeing Get Out with Lil Uzi Vert or 21 Savage or some black extra from Harry Potter would have been better? :pachaha:

theres a broader spectrum than british black actors and mumble rappers though