Idris Elba Drags Samuel Jackson For Attempting To Divide Black Actors

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know it's been said already but Brits/Aussies are in demand because they are cheaper (especially before they become well known). Hollywood is union labor so they will demand more money. As they should. That's the point of unions after all. But of course these production/casting companies are going to just say, "fukk you, we can get Joe Aussie to do this 30% cheaper because it's only America first if we can make money off of it."
its not just about being cheaper also talent, but i hear you

if it was just about being cheaper they'd just hire nigerian actors from nollywood

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
its not just about being cheaper also talent, but i hear you

if it was just about being cheaper they'd just hire nigerian actors from nollywood

LOL obviously. It should go without saying that they are looking for equivalent talents for less money. America isn't that stupid......yet.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
Anybody that thinks Idris elba is cheaper for these studios than Terrence J is a whole dummy. period.

if you're talking about no-name actors then okay, but some of the most sought after A-list black actors working right now are British, and I doubt they come at wholesale prices.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
lol breh, i don't even interact with white people unless im giving them my food orders or at a store. and thats whether im in usa or uk. why would i work for another person?

Good for you....let those of us who know about the experience of black American actors having to deal with a white Hollywood speak with you not arrogantly speaking on dynamics you know little about.

My wife's soro younger bro was the star of Kinky Boots on broadway for several years. He told us plenty of stories of the black American experience in both theatre and film that he's had to deal with. Instead of playing pretend to know everything, my black ass shut the fukk up and let him speak on it. You're the type who would rather have a shoulder to shoulder make believe discussion with him.

Last edited:

NYC Rebel

Daps
Anybody that thinks Idris elba is cheaper for these studios than Terrence J is a whole dummy. period.

if you're talking about no-name actors then okay, but some of the most sought after A-list black actors working right now are British, and I doubt they come at wholesale prices.

:mjlol:

Idris has bonafides being one of the world's most well known actors. Who on earth would make such a claim besides the invented person in your head making such a statement?

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
:mjlol:

Idris has bonafides being one of the world's most well known actors. Who on earth would make such a claim besides the invented person in your head making such a statement?

this sentence isn't even coherent...it's literally gibberish.

you're just blindly flailing away with your trolling in here at this point. picking fights with anybody who posts...not sure how this is allowed on this forum but okay. :yeshrug:

NYC Rebel

Daps
this sentence isn't even coherent...it's literally gibberish.

you're just blindly flailing away with your trolling in here at this point. picking fights with anybody who posts...not sure how this is allowed on this forum but okay. :yeshrug:
You're in the business of grammar critiquing instead of deconstructing what was said.

You created a flawed and shytty point, applied to everyone who disagreed with you in here, with the intention of tearing down that shytty point, thinking you proved something.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
It's not just black British actors, there's a gang of white British actors getting major roles in film and television. Why not speak on that too?

very true, and wood harris spoke on this as well in that interview i posted....

but more specifically idris is talking about what sam jackson was referring to, which were BLACK actors.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
You're in the business of grammar critiquing instead of deconstructing what was said.

again, more incoherent mindless babble...what does this even mean that i'm in the business of grammar and critiquing?

I was saying your statement made no sense. your sentence structure and syntax is all fukked up - I have to be able to understand what you're typing in order to respond

:patrice:does this forum not have moderation? dead serious question, I rarely venture over here.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
lmao no that says passport cards, you can't leave the continent with a passport card. actual passport books most american's don't own one. how pathetic.

the overall point im making breh, its its acting. can the actor act? yes or no? is the actor the correct race for the role? yes or no? the nationality should NEVER matter as long as said actor can do the accent.
Actually its just international air travel, but its a passport and allows international travel to Canada, Mexico, Carribbeans, and Bermuda. So it functions as a passport.

You aren't making a point, you are trying to tell black americans we shouldn't talk about what happens in america because of passports. Think about how stupid you sound.

On top of that, the point that has been made very clear to you is that black american actors have a base of classical training just like black brits. Money and being able to undercut black americans in salary is the reason black brits are hired, and they should just be open about that.

NYC Rebel

Daps
again, more incoherent mindless babble...what does this even mean that i'm in the business of grammar and critiquing?

I was saying your statement made no sense. your sentence structure and syntax is all fukked up - I have to be able to understand what you're typing in order to respond

:patrice:does this forum not have moderation? dead serious question, I rarely venture over here.
You're plain full of shyt.

Go back and create more Terrance J commanding more than Idris statements. :mjlol:

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Actually its just international air travel, but its a passport and allows international travel to Canada, Mexico, Carribbeans, and Bermuda. So it functions as a passport.

You aren't making a point, you are trying to tell black americans we shouldn't talk about what happens in america because of passports. Think about how stupid you sound.

On top of that, the point that has been made very clear to you is that black american actors have a base of classical training just like black brits. Money and being able to undercut black americans in salary is the reason black brits are hired, and they should just be open about that.
lol not it does not, those places are still basically the americas. you can't see the rest of the world on that passport card. when did i say black americans shouldnt talk about what happens in america?

if it was just about undercutting, why don't they hire nollywood actors who would literally play roles for 6,000 a movie?

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good for you....let those of us who know about the experience of black American actors having to deal with a white Hollywood speak with you not arrogantly speaking on dynamics you know little about.

My wife's soro younger bro was the star of Kinky Boots on broadway for several years. He told us plenty of stories of the black American experience in both theatre and film that he's had to deal with. Instead of playing pretend to know everything, my black ass shut the fukk up and let him speak on it. You're the type who would rather have a shoulder to shoulder make believe discussion with him.
lmao breh, i know a good amount of uk and american actors.